Mix well and set aside. Sweaters, s’mores, football, pumpkins, changing leaves, and of course, apple … Follow baking recipes very closely to avoid making flat cookies! Apples are high in dietary fiber and pectin found in the peels of apples. Hi Melanie, I’m sorry they didn’t turn out like you were hoping. Cream of tartar is part of what makes a snickerdoodle cookie a snickerdoodle cookie. Couldn’t think of a yummier way to get my “apple … Snickerdoodles are probably my favorite cookie, I love this apple twist! Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies - A delicious fall dessert made with fresh apples and homemade snickerdoodle cookie dough rolled in cinnamon sugar! The snickerdoodles are fabulous on their own, but add theView Recipe The same happened to me, was very sticky and hard to rough. Everyone's favorite cookie with a caramel apple twist. An apple a day, keeps the doctor away, right?! My mother-in-law is a fantastic baker, and her snickerdoodle cookies … Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies – A delicious fall dessert made with fresh apples and homemade snickerdoodle cookie dough rolled in cinnamon sugar! Check out my list of suggestions below! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Another way to jazz these cookies up even more is to place a soft caramel candy in the middle of the ball of cookie dough before it bakes so that when you bite in, soft caramel comes flowing out. Mine turn out appley and perfect every time as written, but there can definitely be some variations with extra juicy apples. 4.53 … Not sure what causes a cookie to be more cakey? These cookies look awesome! This is one of my favorite apple recipes of all time!Megan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes and serve or store, covered. This helps keep them from spreading and makes rolling them out easier. If the cookies are flat and greasy, you may have used too much butter. In a large bowl combine flour, the 2 Tbsp. Plus, can you believe Thanksgiving is coming up so quickly? This will be my first batch of homemade snickerdoodles. The taste of these are great. Your email address will not be published. Thanks for sharing how you made them – I’m sure others will appreciate the alternative ideas! Would adding more apple help that? And I must say, the snickerdoodle recipe I based them on is a favorite — wonderfully chewy, without using shortening or cream of tartar. Whether it’s my snickerdoodle mug cake, snickerdoodle pancakes, or my vanilla bean snickerdoodle cookies, I always enjoy the flavors. I feel like this could be really great if I can just figure out how to tweak it. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and white sugar for 2 minutes until light and … I diced my apples very small and patted them dry. Maybe don’t add the baking soda. Pour vinegar and water into the remaining crust mixture. Before you wrap up your apple-love for the season, whip up a batch by shredding apples into your cookies!! The perfect sandwich cookie must have two things… a soft, chewy, perfectly flavorful cookie … Cover cookie dough and place in refrigerator for at least 60 minutes. Remember to add it to your Besty List! Call them cookies,View Recipe Snickerdoodles are a favorite cookie … This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Add grated apple (use 2 medium to large apples) and mix well. Add in egg and vanilla extract, continuing to beat for 1 minute. I didn’t have enough butter, so I used half the butter and the rest applesauce. sugar, and the salt. This recipe … My daughter and I made these for Thanksgiving and they were delicious! If your cookies are coming out of the oven looking flat, you either haven’t used the appropriate leavening agents (baking powder or baking soda) or you have used too little flour. I made these cookies last night and they were delicious! In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and apple pie spice; set … Now, what I like about using the shredded apple instead of chunks of apple is that you get the apple flavor more evenly dispersed in the cookie. Caramel Apple Snickerdoodles combine the taste of your favorite cinnamon/sugar cookie with the deliciousness of chewy caramel and fresh apples too! Because when I was rolling them they were very moist (I couldn't roll them in my hands properly without the cinnamon sugar). Prep – Preheat oven and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat to prevent sticking. Or dicing instead of grating like some in the comments have suggested? You beat the butter and sugar together before adding in egg and vanilla extract. Preheat oven to 350° Line an 8×8 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Mine have been a little puffy before but tend to settle and be more flat. We’ve had several rainy days lately, and all it makes we want to do is bake. When chopping and peeling the apples, fill a large bowl about half with cool water and squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon into it. Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies. An Apple Butter Cookie is a mash up of snickerdoodles and sugar cookies! If you like chewy cookies more than cake like then these aren’t for you. I’m glad you enjoyed it! ; Make Dough – … Do not leave the extra liquid in, it will lead to a very moist dough. It’s important to scoop up your flour and then level it off with a knife. Remove cookie dough from refrigerator and scoop out cookie dough into tablespoon-sized pieces. Maybe chill your apples before grating them, too. YUM! They’re crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and loaded with fresh apples & white chocolate chunks! Using a cheese grater with large holes, shred a peeled apple until you have 1/2 cup. And at what point do I rename this website to reflect my obsession with all things apple? Mix until just combined before folding in the shredded apple. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and salt. They look perfect! Preheat oven to 350°. October 12, 2020 by Megan Porta 26 Comments. So delicious! Now if you haven’t noticed, I’m a bit of a sucker for all things snickerdoodle. Adding the apple powder would help get rid of the stickiness, too! Sometimes the dough may have additional spices such as cinnamon or vanilla extract. Probably wouldn’t make these again. Roll the dough into … Actually, who am I kidding? In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients: butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. My cookies were also very puffy. Let's dig deeper →. Apple Snickerdoodles are the fall version of classic, soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookies. CARAMEL APPLE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE RECIPE. Whisk the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl until smooth. Thanks for the recipe. Great recipe Megan! This twist on the delicious Snickerdoodle recipe is pretty delicious, if I do say so. That is so fun! Mix until fully combined and gradually add the flour mixture. Had to squeeze out the juice from the shredded apples so it wasn’t too wet. However you barely taste to apples and they are more fluffy than anything else. Good news! If the apples are too "juicy," I’ve found that patting them dry with paper towels helps, as well. My dough was also very sticky, more like a muffin dough. Apple Pie Snickerdoodles. In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. These Apple Cider Snickerdoodles are a perfect fall treat! Gradually add the flour mixture until combined. APPLE CINNAMON SNICKERDOODLES. (I used Granny Smith.) Scones, cookies, bread, donuts. Mix well. What recipes would you like to see on here before then? Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter, Filed Under: Baking, Dessert, Food Tagged With: apple, baking, cookies, dessert, fall, snickerdoodle. How about some recipes for using up Thanksgiving leftovers; particuliarly leftover stuffing? Snickerdoodles are my absolute favorite. Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies. Hi N Swartz! Trying this next time! The outside is slightly crisp from … This recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies but it can very easily be doubled or tripled for parties. I'm Megan and I am so happy you are here! USING APPLE BUTTER IN COOKIES. and some new ideas for leftover turkey, too? Preheat oven to 350°F. I used a grater and it turned out to be mush. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until well combined. Required fields are marked *. Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies so I know I would love this version. My favorite combo is Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Enjoy the aroma of apple pie in the air! Here is another recipe for Snickerdoodle cookies that I found on the www.recipe4living.com website. Mix to form a dough; transfer to a lightly … We added 1/2 cup of caramel chips to the recipe which gave them even more flavor! It’s a line that runs through my head when I’m excited about fall and apples. The flavors of snickerdoodle and apple compliment each other so well. Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies are the perfect way to use up apples. Trust me, it’s awesome. Mix well and set aside. Once the dough is mixed together, you place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This is actually one of my favorite desserts all year long! Mix until combined. Apple Pie Snickerdoodles are my snickerdoodle cookies stuffed with a sweetened apple filling, rolled, and baked in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. I preferred that to just biting into a chunk of apple. ? Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies (aka Appledoodles) are a fun twist on the classic Snickerdoodles! These Appledoodle Cookies are an apple version of the snickerdoodle. How can I get my cookies to be flatter like in the picture? Apples are in season in North California and i am looking forward to make this cookies for my little kids and neighbors! So sorry you had these issues, Shanon! So glad you loved the cookies. To start out, you make a simple snickerdoodle cookie base and then you stir in shredded apple. Will definitely make again. Creamy Crockpot Corn? I wanted to use my best snickerdoodle recipe and simply alter it using half butter, and half apple butter.The cookies came out okay, if you like puffy and cakey cookies, but I wanted thin and chewy cookies … These snickerdoodles soft and chewy and are the perfect fall cookie recipe. So thanks. Please help! If you want the actual apple pie, be sure to check out Dwight’s Caramel Apple Pie recipe!. Remove from oven and allow to sit on the sheet pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Good job! My dough was also super sticky, but I had to stop in the middle for dinner and had much better luck with the second batch after it had been refrigerated for an hour. Love the apple addition! baking dish. I also couldn’t really taste the apple. FYI, I took them to a bake-off at work yesterday and won for Best Tasting Overall! A snickerdoodle is a cookie that is typically made from butter, sugar, flour, and cream of tartar. Unlike cakes, using apple butter in cookies can be tricky if you don’t want a puffy, cake-like cookie. (I’m very much a baking newb.) Thanks for sharing. Fold in the shredded apples. These Pumpkin Apple Snickerdoodles are perfectly soft and chewy with lots of cinnamon spice and sweet white chocolate chips! Mine were very puffy even after cooling! Make them with store bought apple butter or homemade apple butter!. I recommend using a variety of apples and at the very least, use two kinds: one sweet and one tart. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a0e5c57940d6b3717a69d0f35aebe20b" );document.getElementById("e65cacb2bc").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Made these today and they were amazing! It is very similar to a sugar cookie taste and texture wise except for the fact it uses cream of tartar which impacts the taste and texture of the cookie. Preheat oven to 325°F. Filed Under: Dessert, Latest Tagged With: Apples, Backyard BBQ, Baking, Cinnamon, Cookies, Dessert, Fall, Fall Baking, Fourth of July, Holiday baking, Potluck, Summer Potluck, Treats, I figured out how to get the cookies flat, after you roll them in the cinnamon /sugar, pat it down, like you would with a peanut butter cookie…Thank you so much for an amazing new cookie recipe. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. It’s … They’re soft and chewy with a cinnamon sugar crust! In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Thanks for the comment!Megan. http://www.thebesty.com/pipandebby. Fall is hands down my favorite season. You could also try chilling the dough before baking. Cream of tartar is a byproduct of grape processing that helps stabilize egg whites in recipes. With fall just around the corner, I decided to combine two of my favorite things – snickerdoodle cookies and apples. These Snickerdoodles Apple Cookies have tons of cinnamon flavor, chewy center, and slightly crisp golden edges. Toss apples with sugars and fruit juices; spread into a greased 11x7-in. The apples I used (gala) grated well and did not go mushy but I still found the dough to be very moist and difficult to roll into balls. These tasted great but very cakey, which my husband didn’t like (reminds me of the Lofthouse cookies . Mix until creamy. Let cook on a wire rack. Way to not get discouraged and make yourself a delicious treat! This will help you avoid poor digestion at night.Fruit can help your stomach to empty more slowly, helping you to stay feeling full longer and not prone to snack/eat between meals.