With a wooden spoon, mix in the apricots and white chocolate. I did take the advice of other reviewers and I added about 1/8 cup of flour (I used a little less than 1/4 cup total). Grease a baking tray. I used a lesser amount of dark chocolate chunks and it worked very well - any more and it would have definitely been too sweet for me. This recipe was really very yummy and an interesting combination of flavors. Apricot White Chocolate Cookies will have you salivating after your first bite! Line 2 baking sheets with non-stick paper. You can also add chopped nuts, pecans or walnuts would work well. The kitchen is where I go to get in my happy place and lately I have been obsessed with baking. Take one can apricot halves and drain and puree. A really good oatmeal cookie makes me into a cookie monster.  -  Apricot and Chocolate Chip Biscuits Recipe, Dads: Struggling with Life Under Lockdown, How to Introduce Baby Food – 7 Things to Know, What You Should Know About Family Law Basics, How to Host a Perfect Surprise Party for Dad’s 50th Birthday, Print, Play and Learn with HP New Zealand, Kiwi Men Romantics at Heart – Valentine’s Day, 15 fantastic meal ideas to make for new parents, Jet Park Airport Hotel & Conference Centre. Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Just add a little more flour accordingly. Set aside. 1 review. Kids love these, and they make a great treat to pop in school lunchboxes or to munch on a road trip. The end result is that Apricot Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies are a wonderful burst of apricot flavor with the bonus of walnuts and chocolate chips. Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies - Eliminate the almonds, almond extract and apricots. I did take the advice of other reviewers and I added about 1/8 cup of flour (I used a little less than 1/4 cup total). Good old-fashioned chocolate chunk cookies are always a hit. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix until combined. Just bake in 2 seperate batches and freeze for up to 3 months. 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour 3/4 c. whole wheat flour Just pop them straight into the kid’s lunchbox frozen, and they’ll be thawed by morning tea! Increase vanilla to 2 teaspoons. Cover with boiling water; then set aside. Bake until the edges are lightly brown, about 10 minutes. Knowing that fewer chocolate chips would still resonate throughout the cookies, I added double the amount of dried apricots and three-quarters the amount of walnuts vs. the chocolate chips. 1 Preheat oven to 180 degrees C, lightly grease & pre-line bake trays.. 2 Start with butter and almond paste / marzipan at room temperature in mixer bowl, add … Stir the flour and bicarb into the butter mixture. It's hard to rate this recipe since I'm no fan of white chips - but white-chip enthusiasts will be delighted because the dairy/vanilla chip flavor dominates the finished cookie. Recipe by: vegofoodlover Victoria, Australia. These luscious cookies start with my favorite cookie dough, but instead of chocolate chips, I substitute white chocolate chips.I also add dried apricots and sliced almonds for incredible texture and flavor. I also used dried cherries because I didn't have apricots and I loved how they turned out. These are delicious cookies! Stir in butterscotch chips. They’ll keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Add dry ingredients gradually, mixing well after each addition. Recipe Ingredients: 3/4 cup vegetable shortening 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar 1 large egg 1/4 cup water 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup whole wheat flour 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt Mix flour, oatmeal,and baking soda in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, demerara sugar and brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in the egg, vanilla and salt. 24 Feb 2010 Oops! https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chocolate-recipes/chocolate-chip-cookies Preheat oven to 350. So we suggest making a double batch of the cookie dough and making enough to freeze. Drop the batter by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Sift in flour and baking powder. Step 4 Drop mounds of the dough (about 2 tablespoons each) 3 inches apart onto baking sheets. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Stir in the chocolate chips and dried apricots. A nice chocolate chip cookie recipe with the extra texture and taste of dried apricots. A more wholesome chocolate chip cookie enriched with whole wheat, oats and chopped dried apricots. In a large bowl beat together the butter and shortening with an electric mixer. These are delicious cookies! Please try again. Apricot, coconut and chocolate chunk cookies. Recipe: Annabel's apricot cookies These are my son Nicholas's favourite cookies - they are a rather unusual but irresistible combination of dried apricots, cream cheese and white chocolate. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/apricot_and_chocolate_85056 These orange-apricot cookies are lower in fat and higher in dietary fiber and vitamins and minerals than many traditional homemade cookies, such as chocolate chip or sugar. Use 1/2 cup for recipe and freeze the rest for later. Drain water from apricot bits. I also used 1 c diced apricots and 1 c sliced almonds instead of the 3/4 c. called for in the recipe. You can reduce the quantity of sugar down to even 1/4 of a cup of you choose, and if your kids don’t have a super-sweet tooth. Make perfect cookies every time with our How to make cookies guide! Watch our easy step-by-step video and see How to make chocolate chip cookies that are soft, chewy and gorgeous every time! Increase white chocolate chips from 1 to 2 cups and add 2 cups sweetened dried cranberries. Once combined, stir in choc bits and apricots. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and light brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cookies should be golden at the edges but soft in the middle. 8 people made this. I made it! Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the baking tray. You can sub the baking powder for self-raising flour, but we find you don’t get nearly as fluffy a cookie. Allow cookies to cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Fold in the chocolate chips and apricots. The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: Ingredients & Substitutions. This information was compiled by the Kiwi Families team. Apricot and chocolate go together superbly. Chocolate chips, sprinkles, peanut butter chips, etc.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), Great recipe. Bake for 15 minutes, until just turning golden. They are so easy to make, this is definitely a recipe where you can involve young children in the kitchen. 12 May 2009 The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. I also used dried cherries because I didn't have apricots and I loved how they turned out. Measure the butter and sugar into a bowl. -  Chop or snip the dried apricots into pieces slightly smaller than the chocolate chips. Mix the flour and bicarb in a bowl. Divide dough equally into small balls (roughly teaspoon-sized balls make around 24 small cookies, roughly tablespoon-sized balls will make around 16). Cream together wet ingredients. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl. Add rolled oats and combine with a wooden spoon. Scoop dough with a medium-sized ice cream scoop to form 1-inch balls. Great recipe for Apricot Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies. And you can add coconut, which makes a nice twist. Privacy policy. https://tasty.co/recipe/the-best-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies Apricot Almond White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Variations. These were tonight's experiment. Mix together dry ingredients in a small bowl. Would love your thoughts, please comment. In my top 10 favorite cookies, oatmeal cookies … I used white chocolate chip, trhe next time I will ad a pinch of my wife's secret ingredient (ground nutmeg).  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), This recipe was really very yummy and an interesting combination of flavors. Fold in the chocolate chips, apricots, and nuts. Leave to cool on a wire rack. Apricot and choc-chip cookies are very easy and fast to make, and make a great treat for kids lunch boxes. Recipe Apricot, coconut and chocolate chunk cookies. Mix the flour and bicarb in a bowl. Preheat oven to 190 C. Grease a biscuit tray. Double up this recipe and make enough biscuits to freeze for school lunches. I mean, really, really love them. Very yummy chocolate chip cookies with the goodness of apricot bits. DO NOT change anything else in this recipe. In a mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until blended. 07 Oct 2007 Beat in the eggs and vanilla. I love them. Beat together the butter, raw sugar and brown sugar in a bowl until fluffy. Bake 8-12 minutes or until edges of cookies are slightly browned. I used white chocolate chip, trhe next time I will ad a pinch of my wife's secret ingredient (ground nutmeg). Cream butter and sugars with a mixer until light and fluffy. Leave at least an inch and a half around each cookie to allow for some spreading. Just bake one batch at a time, for best results. Chocolate Chip Cookies with Dried Apricot (1) 30 minutes. Note: The dried apricots used in this recipe should be plumped, moist and tender. Great recipe. And this recipe for apricot and chocolate chip biscuits will have you saying, ‘who stole the cookies from the cookie jar…’ guaranteed! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Apricot and chocolate go together superbly. These also freeze really well. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Add egg and vanilla essence and beat well. In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, demerara sugar and brown sugar until fluffy, … Preheat the oven to 180C Fan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Our most trusted Apricot Chocolate Chip Cookies recipes. Add both sugars and beat until fluffy.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada). Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and press down lightly with a fork to flatten. For either of these, just add around 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup to the recipe at the same time as you stir in the chocolate. Whisk until light and fluffy. You can see a picture here: http://ovenwanderlust.wordpress.com/2009/05/12/soft-chocolate-chip-apricot-cookies/. Directions. And this recipe for apricot and chocolate chip biscuits will have you saying, ‘who stole the cookies from the cookie jar…’ guaranteed! As an earlier reviewer mentioned 1 cup of chips is plenty. Beat in the egg and vanilla and almond extracts until combined. Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. -  Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until just combined. Beat in the eggs, corn syrup and vanilla. The first new recipe for August is courtesy of Natashia Bevilacqua at Food on Paper, all the way from Australia! You can reduce the quantity of sugar down to even I used a lesser amount of dark chocolate chunks and it worked very well - any more and it would have definitely been too sweet for me. In a large bowl, blend the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and creamy. Instructions. Yummy cookies that my kid loves. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl. Grease a baking tray. Fold apricot bits into batter. Chocolate Chip Apricot Cookies. Fold in chocolate chips. Apricot Chip Cookies Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home Something went wrong. Take these with you on your next family picnic, and I guarantee you’ll get to see one of these faces too: Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. The only ingredient I feel confident that can be changed up is the mix-ins. You can see a picture here: http://ovenwanderlust.wordpress.com/2009/05/12/soft-chocolate-chip-apricot-cookies/ In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, turbinado sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in the egg, vanilla, and salt. Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes, turning about halfway to ensure even baking. Oatmeal Apricot Cookies with Chocolate Chips. Apricot and choc-chip cookies are very easy and fast to make, and make a great treat for kids lunch boxes. Print; Email; Friend's email address.