Conclusion Adam A7X vs S2X vs Focal Twin vs Focal Solo, Unity Rock vs. Assuming they work. Review Avantone Pro MixCube Why did I buy? It's in the top 3 bestselling studio monitors and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as JBL 308P MkII or Fostex 6301NB. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Avantone Pro is now proud to announce the release of the CLA-10A active studio monitors. Learn more » Testimonials. If you share any of the kind of issues I had mentioned at the top, these should help you solve them, These speakers are well made . I use as my main monitors, the Adam S2X. I have not used other speakers that are designed for this task but will not venture out for anything else as I am 100% satisfied. Customs … I also didn't want to get another 'good' monitor as I wanted to get to know, trust and understand the EQ decisions I make clearly on the Adams, not be confused bouncing between two detailed speakers. Egg vs. S1X vs. The more you play them the better they sound. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. I was very impressed when I got them. There are 24 customer reviews (24) Avantone Pro Active MixCube 5.25 inch Powered Studio Monitor - Retro Cream (each) 60W Active Mini Full-range Reference Monitor with 5.25" Driver, Shielded Design, and Built-in Stand Mounts (each) - Retro Cream. 2 models to choose from: Online Add to Cart. I really don't find this to be necessary to my mix flow at this point. I with they had isolated them so they didn't do this. A very muddy mix (with lots of congestion around say 150 to 250 hz) will sound perfectly natural on the Avantones. I trialled a few brands before choosing them and I really like them, but as they are so detailed. The Avantone MixCubes are shielded, full-range mini reference monitors. These are midrange microscopes and will provide a detailed picture of the portion of the audio spectrum that can make or break a mix. Both sets have been consciously designed to update the design of one of the most celebrated mix reference speakers: the now discontinued Auratone 5C Sound Cube. They let you focus on midrange, where crucial balances live, removing all that excessive bass rumble and sizzly extreme high end that full-range monitors are bombing you with. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Yep, I need these. Great for hearing and nailing upper bass harmonics that will be heard on smaller speakers. Ease of use? The secondary engineering facet was to create a timeless design that compliments a single full-range transducer. The purpose of using a single driver like in the Avantones and their predecessor the Auratones is to get an approximation of what a mix will sound like on a typical consumer type speaker such as one might hear from a TV set, clock radio, elevator etc. 170683. Avantone Pro MixCube is … Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Avantone Pro Active MixCube Powered Mini Reference Monitor, Single, Retro-Cream at the best … Well yes and no. Description Specs Rated 4.5/5 Reviews A Mini Monitoring Marvel for Accurate Mixes! So, they are definitely more 'hi-fi-ish' than original Auratones. Helps ears endurance a lot. Reviewed in the United States on March 21, 2014, These little babies are perfect what what they are meant for. Avantone Active MixCube Monitors (Black). $6 per month for 48 months Or $6 $ 6 /month § for 48 months . Bang for the buck winners for sure! Item ID: SKU-781 $ 998.00; Quantity . More detailed speakers (the Adams) give me way more confidence here and I make much better decisions more quickly when using them as opposed to the Mixcubes. They allow you to hear the midrange clearly, not necessarily because they are SO SUPER DETAILED IN THE MIDRANGE, but they don't clutter your perspective or distract you with rumbling exciting bass or crystal highs. The obvious use is mixing vocal levels but I also find them very useful for hearing bass instruments at the top of their boom range (200-250Hz). Why is it important to have a lo-fi pair of speakers such as Avantones? 00. Mainly to get a little perspective away from super detailed Adams. I also just think I work better when I can refresh my listening every now and again by switching speakers to change perspective. 0 review. I am not happy with the sound, but soooo happy with the result of my mix. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. Your Price: $ 359.00 CDN Write a Review. Shop Now They are great for what I need them for, but with some limitations. Avantone Pro MixCubes Active Cream 3.9 out of 5, based on 4 Reviews Great lo-fi monitors, resurrection of Auratones with improvements in build quality and frequency response Review this … Speaking of the mid range, there has been much discussion regarding the ability of the Avantone Mix Cubes to really focus on the mid range. It may make it more comfortable and fancy, but I don't think the purchase was needed. Mixing (and even mastering) engineer's essential tool for better mixes and translation. One thing I really like them for is dialing in a top frequency for the kick drum or bass guitar / synth that will come through on small speakers. 5 Stars (0) 4 Stars (0) 3 Stars (0) 2 Stars (0) 1 Stars (0) SKU: AVPM MFR: PM. Great for dealing with masking that happens a lot in honky and lower mids. Low mid punchy - but I find it miles easier to get the lows sussed on the Adams and use these to double check the mids. They have become something irreplaceable in my mixing life. 0 review. Buy It Now . I can't really judge the low end on these. Great build quality and looking great design wise. Buy again? I sometimes find it a little difficult to pinpoint exact volume levels when I have buried myself in mixing a song for an hour. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller. They really do. They will tell you. For the past five years, my little guys have been Avantone Active MixCubes (first version). While they may function quite well for hearing clearly and sorting out things in the upper mid range, I don't believe they sound or function much like a typical clock radio or TV set. Not as my primary monitors. I would also say they are a little better at telling you YES - THE MIX SOUNDS GREAT than they are at telling you exactly how to make a crap mix better. When you get rid of those extremes in frequency spectrum and almost microscopically dig into the mids, balances and eq decisions are many times easier. I felt like the Mixcubes would be well suited as an alternative monitor Avantone Pro MixCubes Active Reference Monitors - Black (Pair) Departments > Pro Audio & Recording > Studio Monitors > Reference Monitors - Active > Avantone Pro > MixCubes Active Reference Monitors - Black (Pair) Add to Wish List Add to Wish List SKU: # 506571. They don't go down there that low and I don't find them super clear towards the bottom of their range. I can have a nice quiet studio to work in then BLIP BLIP BLIP. Yes, the power adapters are a bummer. From United States +C $42.36 shipping. The first mix I did on these monitors was the best mix I ever did. When one considers the price of the Avantones, it might be tempting to just dig those old cheapy computer monitors out of the back of the closet and hook them up to do a quick check of your mix. See all Avantone Pro Products. Bang for the buck seems very high. Avantone MixCubes Active Studio Monitor (60 Watts, 1x5.25") $259.00. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Avantone Audio Active MixCubes - Gloss Black/Pair, See all details for Avantone Audio Active MixCubes - Gloss Black/Pair, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. They translate so well when I play my mix on Mackie MK2 and other speakers. But using these, I have found the sweet spot for the upper boom. The AVANTONE MixCubes mini reference monitors give you the ability to hear what your mixes will sound like on bass-challenged real-world systems such as computers, televisions, car stereos, and iPod docking stations. See details and exclusions - Avantone Active MixCube Studio Monitors in Black (Pair) Watch. Catalog #: AV-AMB; EACH IN BLACK ; ACTIVE ; CHECK IN-STORE Add to Wish List Add … Ratings Distribution. OK, but do the Avantones meet that goal? Avantone Active MixCube is $267 more expensive than the average studio monitor ($198). Our Price $159.00. I already have two passive pair and 1 active and i like them; thats why i bought these. Great complementary monitors for a great price I'd say. Ideal as a second monitor system, Avantone's powered MixCubes give you a reference. No low lows, no high highs, lots of mids. Avantone Pro Active MixCube 5.25" Powered Studio Monitor - Gloss Black (each) $249 » Avantone Pro Mono-BLOK Active MixCube Single Self-Powered Mix Cube: $249 » Avantone Pro Active MixCube 5.25" Powered Studio Monitor - Retro Cream (each) $249 » Active MixCube 5.25 inch Powered Studio Monitor - Retro Cream (each) $249 » Before that you should spend some time listening to your favorite mixes this way to learn how balances sound one-speaker-mono. Buy It Now. Everything comes out of the Adam's so clearly even when they are quiet in the mix. ... See all Avantone Pro Active/Powered Studio Monitors. For those who don’t know, the MixCube is an improved refresh of the Auratone 5C, a passive speaker with a single 5’’ driver that found its way into most major studios around the world during the 1970s and stayed there. Brand: Avantone Pro. It is easy to pick overall volume levels and balances in the mix. Full-range monitor without a crossover pure power there! Reviewed in the United States on November 18, 2020. See all Active/Powered Studio Monitors | | | "Great For an Alternate Mono Monitor" submitted September 9, 2015 By a customer from me.com Overall. I think many people would be happy to pay for this. You just make your master bus mono and unplug one speaker. it would be obvious the voice was just too loud compared to the guitars because the S2X's presented the guitars so clearly even though they were too quiet). AVANTONE PRO AV-AMB Mixcube Active Studio Monitor (each) Be the first to review this product . Not quite Auratones but, they fill that niche. I don't hear that much 17,000Hz on the mixcubes to tell you the truth, but I can judge the top end of a mix reasonably well on them. 5 watchers. I got an active Mixcube, and I hooked it up to the headphone jack of my Focusrite Scarlett interface. I have tried mixing a couple of songs from the ground up, and doing a bunch of preliminary work on songs on the Mixcubes as an experiment. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. One good thing is.... they look NICE. Limitations? Quality is reasonably good. Frequency response is 90 Hz to 17 kHz, but they claim linearity between 80Hz and 8KHz, where I hear a slight bump at the ear most sensitive areas (3-4k), but I might be wrong though. After I'm done using Avantones where they excel at I'm switching to main full-range monitors for fine tuning. They will tell you. The build quality is excellent. FREE Ground Shipping. The Active Mixcube is slightly larger than the Auratone, but still necessarily small (only 8.8 lbs) at 6.5-inches x 6.5-inches x 9.5-inches, including its eye-catching heat sinks. Add to Wish List Add to Wish List SKU: # 526035.