I purchased a Hess Bird and Trout this past winter when I was passing by DLT. Mosaic pins. The Cold Steel Bird & Trout Knife is a modern version of a 100 year old classic, treasured by hunters and fishermen for generations. When I think of bird and trout knives the grohmann is the first thing that comes to mind. If y'all are in the market for a handmade knife don't forget to check out Jerry's work, you won't be disappointed. The handle is Ebony and is held in place with strong adhesive and 2 Stainless Steel and Brass loveless bolts and a 6 mm Stainless Lanyard tube. I love fixed blade hunting knives and have accumulated a bunch of them. Due to Randall's high volume of orders, if not on our shelves when you order, delivery of Randall knives ordered from A. G. Russell is currently taking 10 to 12 months. Especially suitable for small fish and feathered game. Like all Ridgeline knives, the handle scales are G10, and the skeletonized full tang handle provides great balance. Bird & Trout Knife - Brazilian Redwood Handle $159.00 Brazilian Redwood (also known as Bullet Wood) is a strong, dense, naturally durable hardwood that takes a fine polished finish. Shop with confidence. Slimmer blade for bird and trout or for certain hunting tasks. The smallest Hattori fixed blades may be termed “Bird & Trout” or even “Gentlemen’s Knives”. $19.95 $ 19. The Bird & Trout knife is a much loved, lightweight tool that is enjoyed by hunters, fisherman and outdoorsmen the world over. DESCRIPTION. The Bird & Trout Knife is slim and easy to wear on the belt or pack in your kit. It’s a nice knife and am very happy with it. The Bird and Trout Knife retails for $169.36, and all knives and axes Bark River Knives makes are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for life. The first picture is when the knife … Get it as soon as Sat, Dec 5. Crafted from 1/8th inch thick lumber mill circular saw steel (8670), similar to L6 tool steel. Bird and Trout Knife . The Bird and Trout knife has become a #1 choice knife for sportsmen nationwide. They also work well in the kitchen and as Every Day Carry knives. It will make short work of field cleaning of fish and small game and also makes a very good day hiker's knife for light outdoor tasks around the campfire. Find great deals on eBay for bird and trout knives. Overall knife length: 5 7/8". With a targeted design for use with Bird and Trout, the blade measures 3.4" in length and with the hardwood handle, it brings the OKC Bird and Trout knife to 6.9" in overall length.The Old Hickory Bird and Trout Knife is rounded out with a leather sheath and is made in the USA. I've always considered getting a bird and trout or a deerhunter, but for some odd reason it always escapes my mind. Option A. Randall Model 8 Trout & Bird - Stag Handle - Non-Stainless If I'm using the knife for actual game cleaning, I would lean towards the AUS-8 or ATS-34 for the stain resistance, but I doubt I would have any problems with the D-2 that would be really significant, for me. Bark River Knives: Bird & Trout - Elmax. 4.0 out of 5 stars 1. OUTDOOR KNIVES. Get yours today or pick one up as a gift. Are you consider purchasing RUKO 3-Inch Blade Bird and Trout Knife with Genuine Deer Horn Handle and Leather Sheath and you simply want to get the best deal this product? Each maker or manufacturer seems to have their own idea of what a bird and trout should be. 3 blade. The top cutting edge is sharpened approximately 2″. The Bird and Trout knife is just that scalpel, made to embody the finesse that is trout fishing. The blade is shiny and free from pitting or scratches. Outdoor enthusiasts have been using Grohmann for over 50 Years and passing them down through generation after generation. I have started with a template printed on paper. Bird & Trout S45VN Desert Ironwood Burl - Turquoise Spacer - Red Liners - Mosaic Pins - … MSRP: $514.95 Was: $514.95 Don't think I posted pics of the scout sheath Jerry made for me last week either, it's awesome. Finally put my Jerry Davis knife to work!! The ruler is printed on the page as well for length reference. Its lightweight one-piece construction and its versatile, ultra-skeletonized sheath make it effortless to carry and a joy to wear all day long. Brass single hilt. This example has an "A" stamp whch means that it was produced during Western's first year in Longmont, Colorado, in 1977. I’m a sucker for handy knives such as the Bird and Trout, and I like everything about this product. The kydex sheath is excellent quality and well worth the small sum over the trillium knife. Outdoor enthusiasts have been using Grohmann for over 50 Years and passing them down through generation after generation. 440c stainless. The 2" blade is very manageable when cleaning waterfowl, upland game, wild turkey, and trout. One of my favorite types is the so-called Bird and Trout pattern. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller. 95. The classic Bird and Trout Knife. The Bird and Trout follows in the footsteps of the Hunting Knife, bringing a unique design to the Old Hickory lineup with a stock leather sheath for easy carry right out of the box. 2 product ratings - Moki Bird and Trout Knife TS-530J Quince wood handles. I like having a fixed blade on hand while hunting. Stainless Steel - #2 Trout & Bird Knife Outdoor Knives . These knives are great for bird hunting, trout and small game. Browning Bird and Trout Linerlock. The secret to its enduring popularity is its ultra slim profile, and unique all steel construction. Day 1 of the 5 day knife making challenge. These are generally small blades around 3-1/2" and used for light duties. But I have never owned a fixed blade knife from CASE. Premium S Series Make a Knife S19 Knife Making Blank Bird and Trout Skinner. It is, of course, meant for handling small animals and it's extremely nimble at just an ounce and less than seven inches overall. I finally changed that with this one, a 516-5 from (I think) the 1970s. Curly maple handle. This style knife comes with a leather belt carry sheath custom fitted to the knife. I Received my Mallard today, I’m very happy with it. The knives are made … Other options New from $17.95. 4″ blade of 3/16″ stock. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. or you want to read reviews written by actual consumers who have purchased the product?. OUTDOOR KNIVES. I suspect it was the first knife I saw labeled such. C $106.74. Each blade is hand ground from 154CM and heat treated to 58-60 RC - tremendous edge retention. #2 Trout & Bird Knife Outdoor Knives . KnivesShipFree is a premier BRK dealer with huge selection, fast free shipping, and friendly service! The Bear & Son Small Bird and Trout Knife with Imitation Stag Handle and High Carbon Stainless Steel Spear Point Blade is a great everyday carry knife. 7 1/4" overall. The Sheath is I feel it will be a worthy successor. It was purchased to replace a well loved Grohmann #2 bird and trout knife that has sentimental value. Outdoorsmen. 3 mm Carbon 01 Steel which has been heat treated to an R/C of 58 59 . Fantastic knife, love the blade coloration. The Model HA-02 and HA-03 are named the “Fisherman’s Lover”, or “Amago”. The Bird & Trout S45VN fixed blade, made in the USA by Bark River Knives. Strong and dependable it can handle whatever you throw its way. A small blade with a slim tip and scalpel sharpness is really all it takes to get the job done on most high country trout or most birds. Designed primarily as an Angler’s utility knife, it has a 2 1/2″ satin polished semi-drop point 0.118″ thick blade in Aus8 with an overall length of 6.3″. If ordered directly from Randall the wait is currently about 5 years. I’ve used it on some rabbits, brook trout, and as of last week I finally managed to use it on birds. Plus, since it's made of a high-quality stainless steel, it's perfect for wet environments as well. Model 8 – Trout and Bird Knife. I have examples from WESTERN Boulder and BUCK and some others that would qualify. the blade is 120mm long with a scandi style grin for ease of sharping. In the "non-binding 2020 forum knife" thread, there was brief mention of a bird and trout pattern, and I have to admit my heart got racing a … The bird and trout knife is ideal for small game, birds and fish, this is a multi-purpose knife good for fine cuts and/or working in confined area. Official Simple Little Life video of: How to Make a Bird and Trout Knife. Ruko Bird & Trout Knife - This is a nice small fixed blade that makes a good small camp knife but I think it’s best use is as a game and fish cleaning knife. Lightweight 1-piece construction with built-in finger guard. Bird and Trout Knives These are some examples of Bird and Trout style knives I have made. I’ll give you some tips before you buy this product. The skeletonized handle offers great versatility and freedom of movement. If so then this is the right site for you. I have noticed this as well. 3 1/4" sa. The Bird and Trout Knife is perfect for processing birds and trout, but also many other animals and tasks. Old Hickory Bird and Trout Knife features a high Carbon Steel blade with a hardwood handle. WESTERN, MODEL 628, BIRD AND TROUT KNIFE, EXCELLENT CONDITION. Custom sheath. Approximately 4 1/4″ stag handle. DH55 - BIRD & TROUT KITH KNIFE For the Canadian Knifemaker Forum KITH we are making paring or bird & trout knives. If you have problems with a product, just return it and it will be repaired or replaced. This is Western's smallest sheath knife and becoming one of Western's most popular knives. 6 bird and trout knife. Handle is figured white oak with peened copper pins. Over all length is 7.75 inches, cutting edge is 3.25 inches.