i finally baught my first DSLR today (Nikon D3000), and i was messing around with the continuous shot feature in a well lit room, but all the pictures that came out were pitch black, so how bright should the area be for the continuous shot to work properly? With that I would set the ISO at 200. For a little extra help, set the Mode dial to the Guide setting to access your camera’s step-by-step guided menus. The few problems I've had with SD cards, was when they were generic cards. Thanks! Seeing that you’ve found this article ‘How to take macro photos with Nikon D3000’, implies that you already have a Nikon D3000 (or want one). To really take creative control, step up to one of these four exposure modes, which enable you to adjust aperture (f-stop) to manipulate depth of field (the zone of sharp focus) and adjust shutter speed to determine whether moving objects appear sharply focused or blurry. Get a Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote. Hey, I'm shooting with a Nikon D3000 and I am wondering what is the best picture quality to shoot in. I used the Scene 'Distant view of city skyline or floodlit buildings' and ISO 200 for these pictures of the Louisville, Kentucky skyline as seen from the Indiana shore across the Ohio River: In my (admittedly biased) opinion I think they turned out rather well. NEW: Nikon D3000 User's Guide iPhone and iPod App. So, to me at least, the real questions are:“'What will it cost? When you’re just starting out with digital SLR photography, these fully automatic modes on your D3000 can make life easier. How to Shoot Macro Photography on the Nikon D780 Camera, How to Photograph Nature and Wildlife on the Nikon D780, How to Capture Sporting Events on the Nikon D780. After I take … If you don't want to read, you can check out the best options for the Nikon D3000 below. Get a Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote. First, you will definitely need a good sturdy tripod - night exposures are far too long to even think about hand-holding the camera. A tripod is essential for sunset and sunrise photos—Deb uses a Gitzo 82TQD Series 1 Traveler—and when the tripod's in use, chances are so is her Nikon MC-30A remote cable release. Some AF-D prime lenses (which don't autofocus with the D3000) can be easily dialed to infinity. Then extrapolate for normal ISO settings and Appropriate aperture for the DOF you want to achieve. More Nikon Reviews Nikon Lens Reviews. This new addition to the Nikon family of dSLRs doesn’t skimp on power or performance, offering a great set of features to help you take … If you don't have an infrared remote, set the self timer to 5 seconds to allow vibrations to settle down after you hit the shutter button. As a result you would achieve the same exposure at F11, ISO200 and 15 seconds Shutter speed, you should use long exposure Noise reduction for best results you probably have to focus manually as AF in low light is very unreliable Hyperfocal distance is a good choice you will likely need a Flash light to get setting correct in the Dark if exposure goes beyond 30 seconds the camera can only handle this in Manual Exposure Mode with the Shutter speed set to B, use a remote release[ cable or IR depending on camera] to prevent vibration when you push the button best if you can push once to start the shot and a second time to stop it holding down the release for 40 seconds will cause Camera movement blurring your shot, © 2020 All trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners, in particular of the Nikon Corp Nikon SLR Cameras - news, rumors, questions and answers | Terms of Use & Contacts | Privacy Policy. Recommended Nikon D3000 Lenses. Focusing in very low light can be tricky. It's best to use "simple sharp," or something similar. Select the mode you want to use from the dial on top of the camera and then just frame, focus, and shoot. and also whats a good SD card so the pictures will transfer over faster while using the continuous shot? You have to mute the camera in order to silence the beeping of the self-timer Whatever photo software you choose to use with the photos you take on your Nikon D3100, D5100, or D7000, you can take the following approaches to downloading images to your computer: Connect the camera to the computer via a USB cable. My favorite SD cards are SanDisk Extreme Pro. I've been shooting in normal but i recently changed it to raw. More Nikon Reviews Nikon Lens Reviews. ; Press up or down on the Multi-selector to highlight the ISO option, then select OK. Ken. In this review, we will be comparing D3000 and D3100, two Entry-Level DSLR cameras by Nikon. The best high-end camera costing more than $2000 should have plenty of resolution, exceptional build quality, good 4K video capture and top-notch autofocus for advanced and professional users. Why won't my MacBook Pro recognize my Nikon camera? Help me help you top I received a Nikon D300 Digital Camera for Christmas. Lens speed refers to the maximum aperture diameter, (the size of the hole in the lens that allows light through), of a lens. There are times, though, when the light's bright enough for the shutter speed to be fast enough for hand-held shooting. I'M trying to take professional homecoming pictures. Help me help you top To take photos up to 30 minutes exposure, set speed to bulb. I have never had problems such as a card failure or corrupt data when using a SanDisk card. Here’s a quick reference guide to the buttons, dials, and other external controls on your D3000. enlarge.I'd get it at Adorama Ritz, Amazon or Calumet.Using these links to get yours is what helps me keep working on this site for free. MELVILLE, N.Y. (JULY 30, 2009) – Today, Nikon Inc. announced the D3000 digital SLR camera, offering first-time D-SLR users and budding photographers an affordable option to experience the extraordinary picture quality of a Nikon D-SLR. I have a Nikon D3000 I purchased in September 2010 that only came with the 18-55mm kit lens. Both cameras have APS-C sensors but Nikon D3000 has a 10.0 MP and Nikon D3100 has a 14.0 MP resolution. For most images I set the sharpness to around 70 - 75%, and I'm still able to get a natural image. Focusing in very low light can be tricky. 1. Thanks! What setting did the photographer use to take night photos like this? Anonymous. enlarge.I'd get it at Adorama Ritz, Amazon or Calumet.Using these links to get yours is what helps me keep working on this site for free. There are other options to like fine and so on. Being cheap with a memory card invites futu… Camera suddenly does not take a photo I've had the Nikon D3000 for a few years but suddenly, it will not take a picture when the button is pushed. NEW: Nikon D3000 User's Guide iPhone and iPod App. I have the 18-55mm and 55-200mm lens but not sure what are the best settings on the camera to help me get the clear pictures I want. With the D3000, Nikon proves once again that you don’t have to give an arm and a leg — or strain your back and neck — to enjoy dSLR photography. Camera controls marked with an asterisk have multiple functions and thus multiple names.