Wish you & your family a happy & blessed year ahead! This Christmas was special for me because its the first time i bake a cake (Christmas fruit cake) and it turned out to be perfect in the first try. We ( St. Thomas Orthodox Church, sarita Vhihar,New delhui make approx. About the rum…I assume you used the same qty of rum mentioned in this recipe. I wanted to decorate the cake before gifting it to my neighbor for Christmas… But didn’t know what icing won ld go with this cake.. Any ideas? Btw, I dont think orange juice can affect the cake in such a way. ). Yuummmmm. can u xplain hw 2 bake in an appachembu… timings etc.. btw.. new look rocks.. rly liked it… tc.. I’ve baked a cake using appachembu before, steamed honey sponge cake. Once again thanks dear for leaving a comment here. I do hope it works well. Thanks a lot Maria.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and family.God Bless. I’m on vacation presently & hence the delay :(. Btw, the credit for the new look goes to my husband and I’ll convey the same to him :). All the best for your cake & I do hope & pray it comes out well. In a pan on medium heat, melt 1/2 cup sugar slowly. Thank you so much dear :) I’m really happy that the cake turned out well for you. However the cake seemed a bit wet on the inside, is this because the fruits were soaked in excess brandy, I used 1.5 cups of brandy for 3 cups of fruits. i would lik 2 try this. I’ll update the recipe with your note :). we use robust packaging to ensure that your requirements are arrive to you safely and undamaged. Please check out the following link. The cake turned out great and people who ate it were full of praise! My apologies for the delayed reply. Thanks for trying the recipe from here & also for sharing the details. Hi Maria.. Yes Annu, you can use wine for soaking the fruits. Tried your fruit cake recipe and it was good. I jst wantd to say a BIG THANK YOU.. for ur wonderful cake recipe. Merry Christmas. It can be one of the reason, so sorry about it dear :(. It's all done by Jose, wait I did my part, actually what I'm good at. Hope you will get to try it soon. Thanks dear for sharing the feedback with me. Toss the drained fruits in 1-2 tbsp of flour. I do hope your cake comes out perfect! Hi mam…I soaked the fruits n nuts in orange juice fr making plum cake…wen I tasted the juice …it s vry bitter..plz help me…wat shld I do now…shld I addadd sugar now or to take away fruits & nuts from juice imm? hope it comes out perfect this time. This is the first time I am commenting on a recipe, though I have been following your blog for a while now.I had tried a different recipe for plum cake last Christmas and it didn’t turn out that good. Hi, Hi Maria.. Can you tell the size of the measuring cup that you have used.. is it 240ml for 1 cup?? The color of the cake very much depends on the color of the caramel you make. yep, it’s ok to drain out the excess alcohol, the batter of this cake is quite thick and not liquidy in consistency. I soaked it for almost 1.5 months. Right now when I tasted the dry fruit, i How much would be right? You can soak it even now. 2 cups of flour is 250 gms. And I have been using your recipe since with a few modifications to suit my family’s taste. Beat egg whites till soft peaks form. All thanks to you for making it special. Also, if i mix the batter for two separate cakes and bake them one after another, will the second cake still rise (since the rising agents have been mixed with the wet ingredients for 45 mins)? If we double this recipe, should we double the quantity of caramel as well( from half to 1 cup of sugar to caramalise? what size baking pan are you using? Please do share your feedback here, I’d love to know about it :). The baking time can vary depending on the oven & also the size of the tin used. Thanks for sharing the feedback here. Wish you & your family a very happy & blessed new year! Great to know that your cake turned out well :) I’m also happy to hear that it reminded you of your aunt’s cake. Thanks for this wonderful recipe.I tried this recipe and cake came out really tasty. Can only wish you and your loved ones a blessed Christmas with lotsa sweet things in the New Year. Also I’m so glad to know that your friend also tried this cake & loved it. hii,,, i really wanna try this out,, but the problem is that v cant use brandy coz im a muslim,, can u pls tell a substitute for brandy pllz plzzz,,, thnkzzz. It is superb!!! I would like to know if we can soak the dry fruits in red wine. Can I try this using a pressure cooker? I’m sorry, I havent tried this recipe with oil. I usually soak it for 8-12 months, in that case I’m left with 1/4-1/2 cup of rum. Yes Sharmila, its also known as Plum cake. By the way.. u r nt to b seen/heard/read for the past so many days….??? Wish you & your family a happy & blessed new year! You can use orange juice instead of rum to soak the fruits.