This will help the salad be less watery. Plus, they complement fruit well. Let the water infuse in the fridge for about 2-4 hours before serving. The best herbs for infused water are basil and mint. The pears and dates provide plenty of sweetness, along with healthy fiber and essential nutrients. Chef Katie’s Herb Tip:  You can use other fresh herbs for this drink. Drink … Making infused water is an easy, plant-based alternative! Drinking water infused with flavor can be motivating. And there’s practically no calories, unlike drinking my raspberry limeade mocktail! Basically, you combine fresh ingredients like fruit, herbs, or citrus, with fresh water. Then slice the cucumber into thin rounds and add to the water along with the basil leaves. Serve immediately over ice, garnished with cucumber spears and lime slices. This will help release their juices for a more flavorful drink. Cool cucumber, fresh basil, and bright lemon come together for this delightful recipe. I mean, it’s kind of the perfect drink. https://www.ventray.com/en-us/recipes/lime-pineapple-basil-smoothie As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 10 small leaves of basil, ripped 3-4 cups of water Put in the fridge and let stand for a minimum of 1 hour. That’s why I started making my own cucumber infused water. How to Decorate and Enjoy Your Porch Swing. Drink you water, and enjoy! I wouldn’t just say that since they sent me a bottle of vodka. After 2 hours, removed the infused ingredients (you don’t want them to go off and start growing bacteria). By incorporating ingredients like cucumber, basil, and lemon, there are plenty of possibilities for delicious flavors. Add the lime juice and stir until the sugar is dissolved. With lots of food in my stomach. Remove these within 4 hours to prevent any contamination. https://www.fivehearthome.com/cucumber-mint-infused-water-with-lime-recipe I’m on a mission to get rid of empty calories. Juice half the lemon and slice the other half into thin rounds. Then, let it sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours. All of a sudden, I wanted nothing to do with water and everything to do with sugary sweet sodas. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Just be sure to use fresh herbs; dried herbs don’t release nearly as much flavor. This recipe don’t use any refined sugar, maple syrup, or other refined sweetener. I discovered cucumber mint water at a family gathering. If there’s one thing to learn about me today, you should know that I do collect stuff. Frosted Glass Tip:  To keep your drink colder for a longer time, freeze your serving glasses. Pour the cold water into a suitable sized jug or pitcher. Create Cucumber Infused Water For a Refreshing Summer Drink The main building block of this summer sipper is a lovely cucumber-basil simple syrup. Pat dry the cubed watermelon and the sliced cucumbers to remove excess water. let’s hear it for fewer dishes! From easy recipes to fruity cocktails, Sunny Sweet Days is a place to enjoy a sweet escape. Mix both into the water. https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/drinks/lemon-basil-cucumber-infused-water 64 Ounces Glass Pitcher with Stainless Steel Lid, Prodyne FI-3 Fruit Infusion Flavor Pitcher, 2.9 qt clear, 93 oz. To make the cucumber water; Peel cucumber, cut in chunks and process in food processor or blender until pureed. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap. on a mission to get rid of empty calories, Patrick’s Minty Sham-Mock Spirulina Shake. Staying hydrated is key to a healthy life. Photo about Fresh cucumber water with lime and basil. This is a Mediterranean-inspired lemon infused detox water combines fresh ingredients for a gentle detoxification. Learn how your comment data is processed. Your email address will not be published. Cucumber juice contains a hormone which is needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin which has been found to be beneficial to diabetic patients Why, no, I’m not drinking a lemonade, but I just convinced myself that I was. This simple, refreshing drink amplifies your water! Basil Pairs With: Strawberries; Cucumber / lemon; Orange; Melon; Blackberries; Try some basil in your water and let us know what you think! One way that I’m encouraging myself to drink water is with infused water recipes. However, it can be easy to reach for sugary juices, sodas, and caffeinated coffee drinks. Cool off this summer with infused water featuring cucumbers and lemons. This refreshing cucumber lime smoothie recipe combines cucumber and lime juice with honey and ice to create a flavor combination that will refresh you even on the hottest summer days. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA. However, you’ll want to mash the berries before adding them to the water. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn how your comment data is processed. Add the remaining 2 cups of water and mix well. The best fruit to use for making infused water are citrus fruits. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Home » Cool Off With an Infused Water Recipe: Cucumber Infused Waterp#breadcrumbs{display:none;}, Posted on July 8, 2014 Categories Recipes , Summer ☀️, Whole30 , Home » Cool Off With an Infused Water Recipe: Cucumber Infused Water. Start by grabbing a Ball jar with lid or a cocktail shaker(Ball jars are insanely EASY, plus you make the entire drink in one glass!) Simple syrup, sometimes called sugar syrup, is really no big deal to make, effort-wise: Combine water and white sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. The clean flavor of cucumber accentuates notes of fresh basil with just a hint of sweetness to quench your thirst and cleanse the palate. Or, you can try more exotic fruits like blood oranges or kumquats. Fresh thyme, lavender, Thai basil, and mint would all be delightful! If you’re trying to lose weight, replacing sugary sodas, sports drinks, and … It pairs well with both fruits and veggies and adds a fun twist to your water. I am trying to get back on track and eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and up my water intake. First, it will help you stay hydrated. I can’t really explain it. Fill the pitcher with the filtered water… In food processor, combine cucumber, water, sugar, lime juice, salt, 1/2 cup simple syrup and zest. Crush the basil leaves between your fingers to break open the cells and release the aroma. Read my full disclosure and privacy policy here. You can also create an infused water bar for a party or try this kiwi mint infused water recipe. Aromatic herbs add a refreshing flair to this detoxifying water. This is especially helpful if you’re trying to drink less sodas, juices, or other sugary drinks. This small change actually HAS been working, so here is one of my favorite ways to infuse water. Over several hours. Fill the jar with water and let it refrigerate overnight. There are so many drinks out there that are marketed as “low calorie drinks”. Cheers! Cucumber Mint Water; Getting adequate water is really important and drinking cucumber water is a great way to get added benefits. This post may contain affiliate links. We are based in Tampa, Florida. I don’t drink enough water. To make the Cucumber Lemon Basil Water: Place a couple cups of ice in a large pitcher. However, you can also use herbs like lavender, rosemary, hibiscus leaves, or lemon thyme. Step 3 irish cream liqueur, whipped cream, coconut rum, vanilla ice cream and 7 more. For the Agua Fresca: Combine the cucumber, basil, water, lime juice, honey and salt in the carafe of a blender.Place the top on the blender carafe, then blend until … Combine the cubed watermelon, sliced cucumbers, orange segments, sliced apricots, basil, mint, and arugula in a large serving bowl. If you love this recipe, you should also check out: Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea (Agua de Jamaica) with Herb Variations, Vegan Pineapple Coconut Piña Colada Smoothie, Patrick’s Minty Sham-Mock Spirulina Shake, and Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino Coffee Smoothie. Stock up on Amazon! Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest. I used to meet my daily eight glasses requirement last year, but then something happened. Staying hydrated is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. It is: Don’t Steep past 24 hours:  After 24 hours, the cucumber and basil will start to get slimy. Add the cucumber, sliced fruit and basil to the canning jar. Basil is also a great additive to your infused water! It is great for hydration, detox, digestion, and weight loss. I collect mason jars, postcards, cute notebooks (not on purpose, I just can’t resist), and colorful pens. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. Cucumber Lemon Basil Zucchini Detox Water (YUM!) Use a wooden spoon to press on the … Need mason jars? The nutritional information here is an estimate. Low Caloric Content. Water is essential for your well-being, but in itself, it does not provide vitamins. Since the water is full of fresh fruit and colorful, how can I not want to drink it? Sweetening Options:  However, if you do crave a bit of sweetness, you can stir in a teaspoon of date paste, maple syrup, Stevia, or monkfruit sweetener. Mash them down a bit to get the juice out of them. The more juice, the more flavor in your water! California, Detox, Healthy, Low Calorie, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian, detox, drink, easy, fat-free, fresh, healthy, herbs, hydration, low-calorie, oil-free, plant-based, refreshing, summer, water, wfpb, Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea (Agua de Jamaica) with Herb Variations, Vegan Pineapple Coconut Piña Colada Smoothie, The Best Easy, Travel-Friendly Healthy Plant-Based Salad. They add bright flavor and color. Christmas Shopping: What About a New Mattress? I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline. In a blender add the cooled lime syrup, chopped cucumbers, basil leaves, lime juice, sea salt and another cup of water. Oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits all work great. It's a fruity way to drink more water and relax! Instructions. I could totally see drinking these throughout the summer. Let sit at least 30 minutes before enjoying. Add the gin or vodka and ¼ cup water and stir to combine. Add the lemon, cucumber, and basil. In a glass or mason jar, combine the sliced strawberries, ... Refrigerate for an hour so the water becomes infused with the flavors. https://cafejohnsonia.com/2014/06/cucumber-lime-slush-thai-basil.html Image of homemade, cucumber, cocktail - 119101410 Serve this icy treat on its own, or in between courses to refresh your taste buds. Your email address will not be published. Add in the fresh cucumber juice, lemon juice, simple syrup, and ice. It is simple to make, and cucumbers are rich in vitamins A and K, as well as potassium and magnesium. Step 1 To make fruit concentrate: place watermelon, cucumber, basil, and lime in a pitcher or large jar and smash with a wooden spoon to release their juices. Add mint or basil, lime, sugar and gin to the jar and gently muddle (press) to release oils from either mint orbasil. For real. While you can use any ol’ jar, mason jars make things more fun. Serve over ice with at least one lemon slice, cucumber slice, and basil leaf in each cup. Here are some of my favorite basil water pairings. Cucumber water is helpful for promoting hydration, weight loss, and lower blood pressure. Cucumber Herb-Infused Water. Strain out solids, if desired. There are many health benefits with drinking infused water. Place sliced lemon, limes and cucumber in a jar/bottle/jug and pour the water over. Add the lemon, cucumber, and basil. We hope to inspire busy, creative families to explore Florida beaches and theme parks while enjoying good food and saving money. Add the … Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to blend flavors. It helps with weight loss. Place the basil leaves and cucumber in a cocktail shaker and muddle (or gently bash) with a muddler or wooden spoon until the basil and cucumber are bruised and the scent is released. The basil, cucumber and lime took the edge off but the real star is the American Harvest Vodka. Infused water is also a great alternative for alcohol. The best part about making infused water is that it is incredibly easy! Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours and enjoy the chilly, frosted glass. Their natural juices release easily into the water for lots of flavor. * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. Follow along as we cook, travel, and create! Berries also work for making infused water. Stir water, strawberries, limes and basil together in a large pitcher. Best of all, this cucumber smoothie is … Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days, Cool Off With an Infused Water Recipe: Cucumber Infused Water, Creating Healthy Habits With Strawberry Smoothies. Required fields are marked *. Blend on high for a minute or so. I’m kind of embarrassed to admit just HOW many mason jars I’ve collected over the past few years (including plastic entertaining mason jars!). Cool cucumber, fresh basil, and bright lemon come together for this delightful recipe. No Refined Sugar or Syrup? The best way to do this is to create a few different jars of infused water and let them sit overnight in your fridge. Fill the pitcher with the filtered water. Pour into fine sieve set over a bowl to drain juice. Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino Coffee Smoothie. getting the tasty flavor of basil as well as the extra antioxidants it provides Zucchini is an ingredient you would usually add to your salads, but you can get the benefits from … This simple, refreshing drink amplifies your water! … You’ll Love this Healthy, Plant-Based Infused Cucumber Lemon Basil Water Recipe! How to Make a Cucumber Basil Refresher Add the gin and basil to a cocktail shaker and gently muddle the leaves. The cucumbers remind me of a fancy spa water, but the lemons and limes give me just enough tart flavor. Instructions. Puree until smooth. Like, really slowly. To make the Cucumber Lemon Basil Water: Place a couple cups of ice in a large pitcher. Staying hydrated is key to a healthy life. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam.