It does put out a blast that a long barrel might not show as I used 5744, 748, Leverevolution and 167 MBC lead and 160 FTX. Initial shots at 100 yards not on the target. A .45-70gov definitely works as a brush gun. Fit and finish are top notch! No failure to feed, eject, or fire. When it comes to short-range encounters in thick brush, especially when those animals are big and potentially mean, the lever-action’s compact dimensions and high capacity can become real advantages. The world changed again with this rifle, the gun that won the West. Left for dead a little more than a decade ago the lever action rifle … Please click the green box stating it as the best answer. Click HERE to login or submit your credentials. There is merit to the concept of a brush gun. 403 bases and an old Weaver 2.5x20mm scope to bring out the best in the rifle and not the shooter. Due to the gun's tubular magazine, it is reloaded by hand one bullet at a time, allowing the player character to interrupt reloading mid-way. The pistol grip has a natural curve to it, like a combination between a curved and a straight lever. Henry offers both rimfire and centerfire models. “Great little brush gun you got there,” was the common response. The .30-30 lever-action rifle is also known as a brush gun and is intended for medium to close range hunting. The Texas Brush Popper lever action rifle is gorgeous, accurate, and reliable. The rifle is great. (CW2). The lever action .45-70 has been around forever, but that doesn’t mean it needs to stop evolving to meet modern needs. If a layaway is cancelled prior to 90 days the 20% deposit will NOT be refunded. The Mossberg Model 464 Brush Gun starts with the tried-and-true Mossberg lever action that was introduced in 2008, but the Davidson’s exclusive Brush Gun version takes it to the next level. The Winchester Model 94. When we hear a cowboy talk about his Winchester rifle, nobody thinks “Model 70.” It was the rifle John Wayne and Gary Cooper used on the silver screen to bring truth and justice to the American West. Marlin 1895 Classic 45/70 Lever Action Rifle with Checkered Walnut Stock. 45-70 Govt seems too much for deer, especially Southern deer, as opposed to thick-furred 250 lb Northern whitetails in northern New England. Brownings are about $500 to $800. That is not a deal breaker just use a plastic coated rod. Lever Actions Today. The Marlin 1895 is an amazing firearm. 100% . The inletting is outstanding, and it still amazes me how close the computer-designed machines can cut this epoxy-impregnated wood and still keep a sharp edge. The manufacturer only allows us to sell this item to individuals they consider to be "Qualified Professionals". Upon receipt of your non refundable 20% deposit (personal check, bank check, money order or credit card), we will secure your firearms(s) from our inventory and activate your 90 day Layaway Plan. … The Henry Repeating Arms 30-30 is a classic lever action rifle coming with a high quality brass receiver and an octagon barrel that measures twenty inches. 464™ SPX Lever Action Centerfire Rifles. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. But the only refund they would offer was minus 20%. Those looking to explore precision rifle shooting without going broke will be well served by Daniel Defense's new Delta 5. Filtered by: Clear All . The .222 Rem. Even the .308 struggled with brush as it is designed to tumble. Model 464 Brush Gun: 30-30 Winchester: 5+1: 16.25in: 13.87in: Mainecote: Checkered Pistol Grip / Gray Laminate Stock: Fiber Optic Fire / Drilled & Tapped for Scope Base : 6lbs: 30-30 Winchester: $459.99 Delivery Method. There is a safety on the tang that does not block the hammer from being cocked but instead prevents it from contacting the firing pin when set in the Safe position to the rear. Brand: Marlin. Unlike the Spitzer tipped bullets in my .308, they fire slow-moving projectiles. This special edition comes equipped with a 16.5-inch barrel and a set of Williams fiber-optic sights that makes this a great close-in woods rifle. Excellent rifle. Quick initial review of the Marlin 464 brush gun in Marinecote finish. Hornady FTX bullets, Nosler Ballistic Silver tips, and Barnes TSX Hollow pointed solid copper. This package, and many other modifications, can be performed on virtually any modern Marlin lever action, center-fire rifle … Now since I reload, I make up dummy rounds to cycle through many times and take some #0000 steel wool and 2000 grit sandpaper and very small files (be careful!) The groups were average, but I think the results could have been better if the seven-pound trigger pull was dropped a bit. By doing this, you are reserving both the current advertised price and your position in line to receive the item from our next available shipment. The rifle is superb! Love this little gun. Right on target. We invite your feedback on our choices; let us know if we missed a particularly interesting option readily available on the market. Forty-four magnum and 30-30 lever-action rifles are called brush guns for a reason. Now, one thing that is somewhat inconvenient in the Winchester design over the Marlin design is that you have to clean the barrel from the muzzle end instead of in the Marlin just loosening the lever and removing the bolt gives access to the chamber. Mossberg 464 Lever-Action Rifle Magazines & Accessories. Mossberg 464 Brush Gun 30-30 Winchester 16.25″ SS/Laminate 5+1 $ 440.00 $ 308.00. A modern option for today’s hunter/shooter, ideal for tactical applications. I took my Marlin 336 lever action in .30-30 caliber (my brush gun) out to East Texas to show the thick brush that I hunt in. This allows the weapon to be fired before reloading is complete. Sales. I really like my Marlin's (different calibers) but since I had all the reloading dies and since the 30-30 is easy to load for I opted for the Mossberg. You can choose more then one Thank you! It combines all the features of our legendary Big Boy rifle … The ammunition of the day was Remington’s fine 150-grain Core-Lokt softpoint, which has done well in other lever guns I’ve tested over the years. Practical rifle marksmanship depends on following these five fundamentals. The old-timers at deer camp that fall handled my new purchase with genuine admiration, collectively nodding their approval. An excellent choice for whatever you are chasing in the brush. Temporarily Sold Out. The barreled action has been coated with Mossberg’s proprietary Marinecote finish—a durable coating that has seen success on the company’s legendary shotguns. It has a semi-buckhorn iron sight similar to the cowboy repeater and the trail carbine. The concept of operation is similar to bolt-action rifles, other than the positioning of the lever. Show. I have not tested it beyond 25 yards but it shoots fine. Many people refer to it as a little brush gun. Few guns stir that all-American pride like the “Made in America or not Made at All” … Just place your order online as you normally would, select checkout - select FFL and select 'LAYAWAY' as your payment option during checkout. The receiver flats are polished, and the area around the ejection port, tang, safety lever and related parts of the gun are all neatly fitted and cleanly finished. I fired three bullet profiles with 100% success. Mossberg makes fine firearms. Free Shipping Offer only applies to specially marked items. Very accurate and easy handling. In general, try and stick to basic rounds with this gun, something like Remington .22 Long Rifle ammunition. Maybe I just got lucky but my gun has no bad habits. Next project is to mount a Leupold 2-7x33 on Weaver Grand Slam Tip Off rings and Warne M873/873M bases. $1,499.99. by Mossberg. Every step you take down from the .45 takes away from your brush desire.