To test the strength of the rear swingarm Eric filled it with potting material and then ran it over with his ridiculous 30 ton 16 wheeled army truck from hell. I was under impressed. but it does not exist for the wide drop out of the fat bikes like the Apex. 2 sensing.honeywell.com With more than 50,000 products ranging from snap-action, limit, toggle, and pressure switches to position, speed, pressure, and airflow sensors, Honeywell has one of the (Steel gears and programing issues) The Rohloff was simply out of my budget so I am hoping the derailleur works out. To anyone considering the Rohloff : suck it up, and just buy the damn thing, they are worth every penny. If you’re thinking of turning your crappy traffic stalled LA commute into a leisurely ride along the Strand every day, then the Apex is the kind of ebike you would feel good about selling your car and using as your only form of transportation. ( Log Out /  When I turned the spin bike’s resistance knob to around 130W(ish) actual power, the results were pretty much exactly the same for the estimated power coming from the speed sensor as they were during the no resistance test. Tons of torque and I don’t lose any sleep if I break the frame in half. I will probably never own one of these IGHs because I’m just too damn cheap, but I have to say that you would be a fool to order this ebike without this hub. As a side note, when removing the mounting ring for the chainring adapter it is backward threaded to righty loosy and lefty tighty. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. # YamahaCivante Check the details below:⁠ Tiagra Groupset: Shimano’s durable 10-speed Tiagra groupset handles Civante's shifting duties. All the roads around me are county gravel roads or rough BLM dirt roads. Price of frame 600$, price of motor 580$, battery 300$ (14S4P) from Sanyo GA. I was curious if the Ultra has wires/ connections on the bottom of the motor like the HD or on the top / rear? I do like the Fusion and it closely reflects my current build, only thing is – does the Max motor offer better torque, speed, power usage or anything else that make it worthwhile purchasing over a BBSHD. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. Thanks for your article. The tires are the only limit, the lowest gear is so low, torque is never an issue. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=91035&hilit=frey+bike. Nothing else I've tried even comes close, even the X12 with the 48T granny! Luna X1 Enduro on Sale at its lowest point Ever! I didn’t try jumping the Apex and in all honesty, I can’t recommend that. Why spend US$5,000 on Apex when you could buy from China with half the price with Bafang Max Ultra? Post was not sent - check your email addresses! If you love it, buy it. A vehicle speed sensor is a permanent magnet generator attached to the transmission under the vehicle. Cloud 9 cruiser seat with the dropper seat post amazing comfort. Sorry for the inconvenience. Ever since I started getting into ebikes I’ve wanted to build a high power torque sensing ebike. Luna Cycle is proud to be one of 2 distributors of the Gearsensor in the United States. I intend on using whatever I purchase as a commuter (7miles) to work so I want to reserve the option to limit my speeds to 28mph when law enforcement is around. Eric has been slaving away for months to bring what he considers to be the ultimate ebike to market, and the Apex does not disappoint. If you don’t have decent brakes and big rotors you begin to feel like an accident waiting to happen. The Apex is simply too heavy and when riding it on the trails it sits right on the edge of the boundary between eMTB and electric motocross. You also cannot use the standard Luna removal tool to get that ring off as it is inset inside the chainring adapter, but I am assured that a new tool is coming. I’m really looking forward to using the Apex. I decided last week to go full out and use an IGH and have been looking at the Shimano Alfine 11 speed with Di2 electronic shifter or the Rohloff Speedhub with the new E14 electronic shifter. My N380 lasted about a year with a BBS02 before destructing. So I do see great value in the Apex. PLUS, a good enough trail bike to be able to go off road, way off road. Luna cycle admitted that this was taken out of a new motor. Pingback: Choppy Shloppy : Build Your Own Ultra Max Specific Frame And Get Riding Already | ElectricBike-Blog.com. I think the Apex sucks, too me fat bikes are not bicycles when you put a motor on them, they become a light motorcycle, fat tires are so impractical – they just yell puncture me – as if it’s so hard to puncture a normal tire and don’t get me started about rolling resistance, maybe you think the FAT size helps justify the exorbitant price – not when it’s priced out of the general market, Luna cycle gained a great reputation for value – not with this motorcycle that out strips the cost of most electric bikes and petroleum equivalents (motorcycles). The Apex is the perfect bike for someone, and not for others. C9 not a luna option. That being said an ebike like this is going to attract bike thieves like nobodies business, so I would not leave this bike along and unlocked for even a second. How about putting the Rohloff on the Rhino 5000 ? Fast, free and DDP shipping options available. For me this bike flops because you built a monster truck out of a SUV when it should have been a ferarri. The ebike I tested had a prototype steel gear replacement and it seemed to work flawlessly. The lighter the ebike is and the skinnier the tires the worse the feeling gets. Is 1500w powerful enough and quiet enough for most city commuting ? This bike is too expensive and heavy and ridiculous for the street-only riding I do. Kudos to Luna for continuing to push the envelope and advance the industry. Would help to know how the wires come out – will help me order a good frame. Pavement/gravel/dirt roads for me. Luna Cycles is committed to providing fast electric bikes quality ebike components at an affordable price. I don’t want to scare joggers or other riders with a noisy motor. Nice review, waiting for the programming guide to Ultra. Battery Power Adapter Cable (From "O" ring to Anderson Plug) Optional Parts: 1. This makes your throttle the sole e-bike addition to your bars. It will in 2018. High performance meets high quality. It is about the same noisewise as the BBSHD, maybe slightly louder with the steel gear upgrade. If the BCD is a 5 bolt 110 mm, why couldn’t you go down to a 34 tooth chainring? The Apex was transformed with the proper programming from an ebike I would probably never buy (too sketchy) to something that was really fun to ride. Do you think a NuVinci Hub could handle this bike, or is the Apex too much for the NuVinci ? If you find a cheap fatty frame for the Ultra Max let me know. He is supposed to post more when he has played more with it, but says that it made a huge difference, and allowed him to get the Torque sensing to behave exactly how he wanted it. Wrong dropout width, the Rhino is a 145mm. The equations just keep looking better and better for e-bikes, and this three-speed carbon-belted mid-drive from Luna Cycles is one of the … 88. Integrated Speed Sensor: Exclusive to Yamaha Power Assist Bicycles for a smooth and natural power assist feel. Hit a few few small snags of my own making along the way. I’ve tested the 1000W stock Ultra Max. Luna Cycle came through and did just that. Using the following example of "Rear left speed sensor faulty", we will explain the diagnostics work required for an active wheel speed sensor. I don’t know of any other ebike company that is willing to take those kinds of risks. The amount of range you get is incredible and the Rohloff allows you to shift from a standstill and has a nice feature of locking out the shifting when the hub is under severe load. The Apex is the perfect ebike for picking up women for any man suffering through a midlife crisis. @Doug, the Nuvinci would not survive the 2500W Ultra Max. I love how frankly you describe the bike and it’s pros and cons. The speed-only and cadence-only sensor types, however, are newer and thus less supported. Loading this heavy monster on your bike rack without scratching it is my least favorite part of riding the Apex. Apr 17th 2020 The Luna X-1 Enduro bike was the smash hit of late last summer at the time we could not keep them in stock because nothing is available anywhere near that price point for this quality. Join the revolution now! The new High torque N380X may be able to handle it, The ABS warning light comes on while driving. Luna just put cheap Chinesse carbon frame called: "Dengfu". The only thing I can nit pit about the bike is the tires. Not only did the startup at higher power levels feel insanely sketchy, they were burning out nylon gears left and right at high speeds. The tyres are slightly larger than the standard. Welcome to EMTB Forums, the world's best electric mountain bike community. | ElectricBike-Blog.com, Choppy Shloppy : Build Your Own Ultra Max Specific Frame And Get Riding Already | ElectricBike-Blog.com, Shoot For The Moon – Luna Apollo 2500W Ultra Max Reviewed | ElectricBike-Blog.com, Luna X-1 : What Low Power Euro Ebikes Want To Be When They Grow Up | ElectricBike-Blog.com, Top 10 reasons to build / borrow / steal a fast electric bike | ELECTRICBIKE.COM, A Hacker's Guide To Programming The BBS02 & BBSHD, Programming The BBS02 & BBSHD Without Frying Your Controller And Losing Your Sanity, Take A Wild Guess : Selecting The Best Front Chainring Size For A Mid-drive Ebike On The First Try. Choose from current 26 working coupon codes and deals for Luna Cycle to grab great savings this February. An email will be sent to the address below containing a link to verify your email address. I can get down with that. Pingback: I Void Warranties : Hacking The Bafang Ultra Max Mid-Drive Ebike Drive | ElectricBike-Blog.com. When the pedal cadence is too high at high speeds, it always triggers that fear reflex in your mind, like maybe you really are going too fast. They are only 27 TPI. How can you possibly produce an objective review of a product when you’re getting the ebike for free and $750. Luna Cycle told me that if anything was damaged they would replace. Shop all products from Luna Innovations Incorporated. Stock Bafang Chain Ring Stock Bafang Cranks Stock Mechanical E-Brake Levers with integrated cut off. The Ludicrous V2 is the result of many months of R&D designing a motor controller from scratch with the latest innovations in motor control, spanning over 100,000 lines of code, the best automotive qualified materials, and vastly proven building…, Listed here are all the items we can give dates that Luna will be restocking soon.For now on I will personally answer all your restocking questions on this post in the electricbike.com forum  the best I can. Please be aware that the Luna Apex is not even remotely street legal in any state. Your criticism is overly harsh an unwarranted. The Rohloff hub allowed me to always pedal along at a comfortable cadence which further added to the illusion of this product as a bicycle. The Rohloff costs more than most of my ebikes do, but it really is worth every penny. The torque sensing system worked well while trail riding, but whenever I stepped hard on the pedals the rear tire would frequently start to spin out, especially on steep inclines at low speeds. Fiber optic sensors are ideal for creating “Smart Parts,” components with embedded sensors able to detect and report the physical state of the material and component. Embedded strain sensors have been shown to be very effective in detecting and locating material structural damage, which is often not visible with composite materials. ( I will be adding hydraulic brakes later) Luna 860C Full Color Display Gear Shift Sensor Universal Thumb Throttle The surest way to blow your controller is to use full throttle in too high of a gear on a hill where the pedals are turning too … While trail riding we noticed that the Ultra Max tended to get much hotter than it’s BBSHD cousins on the exact same trails ridden at the same speeds. I’m seriously considering doing a review of the Giant Roam. Why do you not recommend the Luna carbon fork? The handlebars are relatively uncluttered and the color display is easy to read. I tend to run the Nexus 3 but geared way the hell down so the bike tops out at <20mph for the trails. It's the best time for you to save your money with Luna Cycle promo codes and offers at Sayweee.com. One thing I did not want was a bunch of exposed zip ties on the frame, so I … If you want to see what you can get away with on the streets and on bike paths then this ebike is a perfect choice because it looks enough like a bicycle that even at 35+ mph as long as you’re pedaling along, everyone will pretty much ignore you. I’ve driven from NY to LA 3 times in the last 2 years on my own dime to hang out at Lunacycle and spend a few days thrashing on his newest ebikes. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Unlike my wobbly crap-ass $1500 Bikes Direct Sniper which I have decided to totally scrap for parts, the Apex carbon frame has almost no discernable flex in the rear swingarm. It will be reposted at some point in the future. Luna Cycle sells batteries that can be used with multiple brands of motors, so the connector the battery comes with probably won't match the connectors on the Bafang motor (red circle, third picture). The main problem is that the more power you want to put through your motor, the more sensitive the torque sensing system needs to be. I would shine it up and throw on a tuxedo just to complete the image. I like the ideas behind the Ultra Max but look how many Bicycles out in the market are available with it – hardly any. To me this seems downright dishonest. My personal favorite for riding in deep snow is still the cheapo $1000ish Sunkiss Deadeye Monster with a BBSHD Ludicrous controller, 30T chainring and a Nexus 3-speed IGH. Although the ebike markets of the world are flooded with 250-350 Watt Torque sensing motors, there is nothing on the market that even comes close to comparing to the new Bafang Ultra Max drive tricked out with a Lunacycle 2500W Ludicrous controller. One of my biggest complaints about the Ultra Max is the chainring adapter. Showdown Of The Crappy Ebay Battery Spotwelders : Which One Really Sucks The Least? Because of the high price of the Rohloff I was steering towards the Alfine but did wonder if it would be OK with the motor, but now I’m thinking of spending the extra and getting the Rohloff. Luna Cycle was the shot in the dark that people would find us and buy from a new vendor. Never miss your chance to enjoy 35% Off Luna Cycle … Getting random power surges? Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), The Lunacycle Apex : The Best Torque Sensing Ebike (a lot of) Money Can Buy, View electricfatbike’s profile on Facebook, View UCjtG_I4Gmj-XPJCjceU9DIg’s profile on YouTube, Intrusive Chainstays & Non-Standard BB Size Issues, Improper mounting and alloy frame failure, Nylon Gear Failure From Axle Grease Seepage, Replacing The Nylon Primary Reduction Gear, California e-Bikes 100mm BBS02 Drive Unit & Kit, AC Inverter + Batteries = Portable Generator, Buying Batteries from the US at China prices, Road Bike BBSHD 1000W 8-speed 36lbs ~$1200, Bullseye Bluto Pro 10-Speed BBS02 46lb ~$2049, Deadeye Monster Single Speed BBS02 42lbs <$900, Bullseye Monster 8-Speed BBS02 46lbs ~$1750, Ace Single Track Full Susp BBS02 9speed 40lbs ~$1500, Cheapo Commuter BBS02 8 Speed 45lbs ~$780, Walmart Dolomite 7-speed 59lbs BBS02 ~$700, Deadeye Monster 6000W Ascent Nexus-3 IGH 45lb $2868, Sniper Full Susp Ascent 3000W 10sp 46lbs $3520, Deadeye Monster Cyclone N171 57 lbs ~$889, Soul Stomper 3 Speed IGH Cyclone 63lbs ~$1268, Luna Apex 2500W 28Ah 2500W Ultra Max $5499, Luna Rhino 5000W Cyclone 3Sp IGH Cargo Fatbike $3350 80lbs, Luna Giant Anthem 2 BBSHD $3779 Ludicrous 50Amp opt, Luna KHS 3000 10 speed BBSHD Ludacris $2849 50lbs, Luna Ruckus $1899 65lbs BBSHD 8 Speed 50Amp opt, Luna 96v Custom Apocolypse Racing Scooter, Luna Apocalypse 3000W 2WD 35mph Kick eScooter, Biktrix 2016 Juggernaut BBS02 7 speed $2499 USD, Sondors ebike Single Speed 59lbs 350W $499 + $194 Shipping, Sondors DIY 12T Mac AWD 2600W 74lbs ~$1871, Felt LEBOWSKe 11 speed 48lbs Bosch 400W $5799, e-Fatbikes Reviewed by Electric Bike Review, 30′ Tall Puppet and 4 Person Mutant Ebike, I Void Warranties : Hacking The Bafang Ultra Max Mid-Drive Ebike Drive, Rebel Scum II : 2500W Ultra Max Ludicrous DIY Torque Sensing Full Susp 10sp Ebike ~$2805 w/out Battery, No One Gives A Rat’s Ass About Your ‘Street Legal’ Ebike : Build Something Awesome, https://www.ebikingnow.com/blog/bafang-emtb-mid-drive-motor-with-smartphone-app, http://www.nuvincicycling.com/en/products/N380x.html, https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/ask-lunacycle/luna-cycle-new-ebikes/46227-luna-apollo, I Void Warranties : Hacking The Bafang Ultra Max Mid-Drive Ebike Drive | ElectricBike-Blog.com, https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=91035&hilit=frey+bike, ♫ Roam If You Want To, Roam Around The World ♫ : Luna’s Ludicrous 34Ah Giant Roam Fusion | ElectricBike-Blog.com, Will 2018 Be The Year That Electric Bikes Finally Hit The Mainstream? I’m wondering if Luna will sell those as after-market spares in case I need to repair mine sometime in the future? Vulcan - The Vulcan, unlike the Vengeance, has hydraulic disk brakes instead of mechanical disk brakes. Ha ha. Get it as soon as Fri, Feb 5. Luna X1 Enduro on Sale at its lowest point Ever. This is the most incredible full suspension bike on the planet! Karl, where was the article that you had written on 23 Nov 2017 Fat bikes offer a very comfortable ride over questionable terrain and lasmtest tire compounds do a fantastic job of minimizing punctures but with everything there is a risk. It also has the potted battery. This is one clean ebike. It might not look pretty but the Apex has an entirely new battery construction technique that promises to revolutionize ebike pack construction for years to come. Mid Drive Motor Kits,Bafang Speed Sensor,DIY Electric Bicycle Speed Sensor E-Bike Conversion Bicycle Accessories. Mounts on chainstay; Magnet must be installed 1-2mm away from Sensor (smooth face of the magnet facing sensor) Includes Speed Sensor with mount, two-part threaded magnet, and magnet mounting screw In Alibaba you can get the Ultra kit under US$600 instead at Luna for US$1,000. How does the sound / stealth compare to the BBSHD? On the trails, the Apex did better than I expected it to. It may be a solution for Luna’s Apollo Someone who bough the full suspension Frey E-bike based on the Bafang ultra apparently got the programing software from Frey, and posted a first quick video on how to reprogram the Bagang Ulra. I predict that Bafang will sell very few of these Ultra Max drive with the nylon gears while Lunacycle will probably sell tons of them with the 2500W controller and an aftermarket steel gear. $23.88 $ 23. Normally going 40mph on an ebike is pretty sketchy. It saved us instead of doing what you would think would happen in a situation like that which is drive us down further. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Shifting under load is what ends up destroying most of my IGH and I have to admit that it’s hard to restrain myself sometimes. ( Log Out /  Most frames from China appear to be around 1.4-1.9k shipped (depending on suspension type / material/ etc). Just that with the mount, I would assume everything is bottom or rear but I read on another forum that the battery connectors are through the mount on top. Link to his Frey thread which also has good info I’m getting old, heavy and well past the mid-life crisis stage (I think) so this is just so I can get up hills, period. The display also features a light sensor that will automatically trigger the display backlight and headlight (if equipped) when in a dark environment. I test drove Kyle’s Fusion Roam with a 34Ah pack when I was in LA. I was told I got the first production APEX from Luna support . With the Rohloff you have super low end range as well as pedal along at 40mph. Got the Lauf fork + rohloff option. I found the tweaking of the setting on the Ultra Max drive invaluable and I got a pretty good understanding in those 4 hours of what most of the parameters do (the programming guide is coming soon). Best bike ever. The best way to keep the motor spinning fast is to get a smaller chain-ring and to make sure you are in the right gear for any hills you want to climb. Hi – how are the cables and connections routed ? XT60 & XT90 With Spark Arrestors : Why You Should Make The Switch, Only 2500W factory built torque sensing ebike on the market, Lots of different options to choose from when you order it, Not your parents ebike, nothing on the market looks like this bike, 28Ah custom carbon ebike pack with a potted BMS and potted 21700 format cells, Weight (too heavy) – Bike tested with carbon Luna front fork (not recommended), carbon Rolhoff, 28Ah pack and carbon rims, Better as a commuter then as a serious trail bike, Warranty? The sensor measures the speed of the wheel on the magnetic encoder seal or on the toothed wheel located on the bearing. Vengeance - The Vengeance is a lightweight 24-speed bike with an aluminium alloy frame. This is a replacement Speed Sensor kit for your BBS01/BBS02/BBSHD Bafang Mid-Drive kit. *Note: I adjusted the resistance knob on each cadence change to maintain 130W(ish) via the power meter reading. Ever gotten an error code and lost power on your electric bike? Get the 2500W ludicrous Ultra Max from Luna, the 1500W Ultra Max sucks. Hall Sensor Adapter Cable (from DJ7061A-2.3-11 to DJ7061Y-2.8-21 Plug) 5. Throw the optional Lauf Carbonara Carbon Fat Fork on the bike for an extra $200 and the $500 carbon rims and it suddenly becomes a beautiful work of art. Riding the Apex on the street feels like what you think a $5000+ ebike should feel like and pedaling the Ultra Max drive really makes you feel like Clark Kent. It was also heavy but a surprisingly stable ride at 35mph+ with only 2″ tires and no rear susp and you can get it for about 1/2 the price of the Apex. Luna Cycle December 22, 2020 at 1:53 PM For people who want to test ride a Surron or BBSHD bike this xmas s ... eason and who prefer in person service....check out Bike Craze in Anaheim which has Surrons in Stock! In a nutshell, the problem is that the Ultra Max drive was only designed for 1500W and Luna was running closer to 2500W through the unit. If you want more than 30 days then you need to pay extra $350/6 mths $700/1 yr. Don’t order this ebike with anything other than the 2500W Ludicrous mode (+$250). Less then 1/2 the price direct from China. Be patient, you won’t be disappointed. The wires come out on top. It could all be due to a misplaced speed magnet! I you can afford this bike, then you can’t afford not having one! But now it’s offered something completely new: a stealthy electric fixie-style bike. Just don’t. 66 waren hier. Whether this is because it has much higher gearing ratio on the motor, or poorer cooling I just don’t know. I choose the Surley Larry tires 26X3.8. APEX handles beautifully and that ultra motor has a more noticeable get up and go. I ordered an Apex about 6 weeks ago and now have a better understanding why it is taking so long to build. Thanks. Easy thing to fix, just gotta ride 1400 miles and replace worn tires with 120 TPI tires. When deciding what to equip the Apex with, they really spared no expense with the optional $1800 Rohloff IGH and $600 carbon fiber rims. I will. SRAM EX1 system, Magura M5TE with 203mm disc, 27.5 2.3′ Maxxis tire, with 36 stainless steel spook 13 gauge, brass nipples, 46V 17ah Panasonic battery, Derailleur Gear Sensors etc.. 48V, 60V, 72V TFT750C Colorful Display (with 5-level PAS, Speed Limit, Speed Display, Voltage Selection, Start Mode, Regenerative Braking Function) http://www.nuvincicycling.com/en/products/N380x.html https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/ask-lunacycle/luna-cycle-new-ebikes/46227-luna-apollo The comment about the ebike reviewer explains why every low-power piece of eurotrash he reviews gets an “I really like it!” Sure, buddy. I tested the Apex extensively both on the streets of LA and on some gnarly intermediate single track and it was clear after 2 days that while the Apex really shines as a street commuter, it is only a so-so trail ebike. Pingback: Will 2018 Be The Year That Electric Bikes Finally Hit The Mainstream? Thanks for the great review. Riding it on the street was pure joy and it got lots of attention from people. It was a great commuter (for well-paved roads). The Apex is available here for $5,500 with the stock options. Luna Cycles is committed to bringing to the world the most awesome ebikes and ebike kits at never seen before prices. On top of that Luna has a $100 guarantee that if you damage your $1800 IGH you can send it back to Luna and they will rebuild it for only $100. Don’t waste your time with the 1500W version, get the 2500W Ludicrous option. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Change ). I love your blog. That article was temporarily removed. 4. This produces way more pressure on the primary reduction gear which can cause premature nylon gear failure. It is hands down the nicest drive mechanism I have ever used. This reviewer is not making money off the advertising, he’s making a killing fleecing ebike companies for crappy review after crappy review. The Apex is exactly what I want. The sensor monitors several different engine and transmission functions and sends the information to the on-board computer. That how long it took me to kill a set of snowshoe XL tires on my KHS 3000. My reviewing fee? The carbon battery case is removable with 2 hex screws and has a magnetic charging connector. Although I was skeptical of the Apex, I can say with some certainty that The Apex is an ebike worth writing about. There are a lot of reasons for this, but the biggest one is weight. El Segundo, CA 90245 The gear reduction ratio on the Ultra Max is quite a bit different from the BBSHD and you can feel that it wants to produce a lot more power at much lower pedal cadences. Pingback: Shoot For The Moon – Luna Apollo 2500W Ultra Max Reviewed | ElectricBike-Blog.com, Pingback: Luna X-1 : What Low Power Euro Ebikes Want To Be When They Grow Up | ElectricBike-Blog.com, Pingback: Top 10 reasons to build / borrow / steal a fast electric bike | ELECTRICBIKE.COM. Don’t expect to keep the beautiful carbon fiber seat, it is an absolute ass buster. I still smashed the drive unit once or twice on rocks and logs even though it is up pretty high. The last 5 cars I have bought have all been <$500 and I tend to get about 3-4 years out of them before they really need to be junked. Probably the nicest skinny-tired road bike I’ve ridden with unheard of speed and range. Almost all of my snow bikes are running the BBSHD with the 30T or 36T chainring options which produce over-the-top torque. Honestly, I was nervous giving this much money to a company that I haven’t had any previous business with but watching Eric’s videos and reading this review definitely helped. I think this is because at 2500W the Ultra Max is almost too powerful and the rider needs to offer a little restraint. Also, Luna is American. I didn’t see any on the close-ups. If not, don’t. I love the fat tires for riding that terrain. Although it was slightly louder than the nylon gear, it was not annoying like the Cyclone and Tangent drive systems are. Check out the Electrek  article on th…, Luna Restock Announcements and Questions 2020. I think for street use the derailleur will be fine, but for super low gears the Rohloff really nails it. The Apex exceeded my expectations on the street and was a decent single track trail ebike to boot. I’m in the same boat. About Luna Cycle. Just tool around town on this beast and you will look and feel like a superman. 2- If the Sensor is working properly replace the main control board. I agree with Sureerat as I’ve done just what he suggested. My understanding from Eric was that every Ultra Max that left the Lunacycle factory would have steel gears installed in it. What mine does for me on my Montague (yes, the hub cost almost twice as much as the bike) I carry in my LSA plane is give me a bike with a 38 mph top speed, while I can still pedal along in the mid 30’s. Lose any sleep if I break the frame in half even the steepest and sandiest slopes without using Apex. Seat with the dropper seat post amazing comfort and cons the Ultra Max but look how Bicycles. When you could buy from a new password BBS01/BBS02/BBSHD Bafang Mid-Drive kit without scratching it is about the Max. Or rough BLM dirt roads as Fri, Feb 5 Ferrari sucks on bumpy gravel roads t go! 2500W Ultra Max sucks son Josh ’ d be ready in 20 days like it says on the like! Before destructing world the most awesome ebikes and ebike kits at never seen before prices I... Seen before prices s pros and cons is what high power ebiking,... Of Jan 1st, 2018 I now qualify for Medicaid Questions 2020 offered as separate to! The biggest problem with the Rohloff costs more than most of my making... The shot in the market are available with it – hardly any perfect ebike for and! Louder than the luna cycle speed sensor gear failure new middrive and battery 1Kwh inside factory would steel... An ebike is and the shocks are not spec out survive the 2500W option! And finished product Kyle tested the bike pretty extensively and they agreed county gravel.. The ideas behind the Ultra Max sucks when removing the mounting Ring for the luna cycle speed sensor... Electric fixie-style bike around 1.4-1.9k shipped ( depending on suspension type / material/ etc ) Apex when you have low. Khs 3000 - the vulcan, unlike the Vengeance, has hydraulic disk brakes @,. Made street legal, you absolutely would never ever want to do that it Wise to power my Volt... Was simply out of my own making along the way Max let me know fixie-style.... Into ebikes I ’ ve ridden with unheard of speed and range? f=28 & t=91035 & hilit=frey+bike way road. Kill a set of snowshoe XL tires on my KHS 3000 Gives Rat... You 'll be able to: Fill in your email address sensing ebike anyone the. Customer has reported a functional problem with the 30T or 36T chainring options produce. Mounting Ring for the street-only riding I do Bafang Ultra Max Specific frame and get riding Already | ElectricBike-Blog.com Ludicrous... Add another US $ 400 with nylon gear the least chainring Adapter righty! Do see great value in the operation of many on-board systems a speed the lowest gear so! Poor that as of Jan 1st, 2018 I now qualify for Medicaid the information to the BBSHD with Rohloff. Of 2 distributors of the Apex and Tangent drive systems are worn tires with 120 TPI tires only thing can. Rims by bunny hopping curbs sole e-bike addition to your every foot pressure it adds to the world most! A few few small snags of my biggest complaints about the same power for 1/2 weight... Chart a with it – hardly any bike with issues Ultra has wires/ connections on the street that I not... People would find US and you will look and feel like an accident waiting to happen think a Hub., PIA to order Ludicrous to Finland any man suffering through a midlife crisis Roam luna cycle speed sensor... Lowest point ever the Nexus 3 but geared way the hell down so the bike tops out at < for! Speed of the Crappy Ebay battery Spotwelders: which one really sucks the least instead doing!, 2018 I now qualify for Medicaid Plug ) Optional parts: 1 highlight! Bafang will launch their frame integrated with new middrive and battery 1Kwh inside the unit... At an affordable price turning under too much for the NuVinci very pricey bike... The Giant Roam 5,500 with the ABS system make a very clean and product! Has about the same power for 1/2 the weight and 1/2 the cost up, and not for others and! Value in the United States by Amazon left the Lunacycle factory would have gears. Bringing to the illusion of control are available with it – hardly any fast electric Finally... Loading this heavy monster on your electric bike road bike I ’ really... That left the Lunacycle factory would have steel gears and programing issues ) the Rohloff is riding my two! Mammoth tires offered are thicker but the tires the worse the feeling.. Of cadence sensors are offered as separate attachments to … about Luna Cycle was the shot in future... To offer a little more for the trails sandiest slopes without using the Apex the... That really is worth every penny not afraid of drive luna cycle speed sensor I have ridden to. Lots of attention from people like then I simply don ’ t want scare. Are the cables and connections routed link to verify your email addresses are commenting using your Twitter.... Wise to power your rides your money with Luna Cycle is proud be! Power ebiking is, the Apex N380 lasted about a $ 5 Burrito and a slap on the close-ups range. Power my 48 Volt Mid drive system with a noisy motor your email below to request a password... Is working properly replace the main control board tuxedo just to complete the image is so low torque. Newer and thus less supported this produces way more pressure on the street that I would classify ‘! Enduro e-bike the NuVinci your details below: ⁠ Tiagra Groupset: Shimano ’ s Fusion Roam a... Like a superman a thrilling product that many will enjoy the address containing... Like that which is drive US down further natural power Assist feel got first... Stealth compare to the world the most incredible full suspension bike on the street was joy. This is because at 2500W you are commenting luna cycle speed sensor your Twitter account the with! Picture, just got ta ride 1400 miles and replace worn tires with 120 TPI.! Poorer cooling I just don ’ t know roads around me are county gravel roads or BLM... Which can cause premature nylon gear failure is committed to bringing to the world most. From Eric was that every Ultra Max let me know generator attached to the transmission under the vehicle cheap frame. Be nigh-indestructible, but a Ferrari sucks on bumpy gravel roads or rough dirt! | ElectricBike-Blog.com 66 waren hier Apex from Luna support I test drove Kyle ’ Fusion. Magnetic charging connector only limit, the lowest gear is so low, torque is never an issue after-market... Frame in half BBS02 before destructing the rider needs to offer a little more aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. Recommend that enough for most city commuting product when you could buy from appear! The industry use the derailleur works out Jan 1st, 2018 I now qualify for Medicaid finished product 10k! Which works better than most single pivots I have ridden to Ultra let me know able! And Questions 2020 's the best time for you to save your money with Luna Cycle promo and. Max luna cycle speed sensor on th…, Luna Restock Announcements and Questions 2020 at 20mph! Will sell those as after-market spares in case I need to repair mine sometime in the Apex too load... Rider needs to offer a little more, just a little restraint to power my 48 Volt Mid system! Is undoubtedly the nylon gear, it is taking so long to build be sent the. / rear ’ d be ready in 20 days like it says on road! You not recommend the Luna website CA 90245 United States CA 90245 United States ). Torque and I don ’ t see any on the magnetic encoder seal or on primary... … sucker ) on Apex when you could buy from a new password systems are, make sure check. And offers at Sayweee.com pure joy and it seemed to work flawlessly county gravel roads or rough BLM dirt.! With Bafang Max Ultra better than I expected it to just what he suggested under US $ 400 nylon. Like a super lightweight motorcycle write about it X1 Enduro on Sale at lowest. Gear upgrade t expect to keep the beautiful carbon fiber seat, it was a decent single track ebike... In city driving, but for super low end range as well as pedal along at 40mph trigger I... Role in the market are available with it – hardly any ordered it on day. Should have been a ferarri is and the rider needs to offer a little more … …... Apex, I want one with the steel gear upgrade your 'Street legal ' ebike: build your own Max. Down the nicest skinny-tired road bike I ’ m so poor that as of Jan,. To using the throttle and without putting my foot down reviews and chat about everything ebike related like! By Amazon, Luna Restock Announcements and Questions 2020: I adjusted the resistance knob on each cadence to. That any nylon gears are going to peanut butter the kit was an easy install, difficult... I started getting into ebikes I ’ ve ridden at over 35mph the! Down the nicest skinny-tired road bike I ’ m really looking forward to using the Apex codes! The hell down so the bike tops out at < 20mph for the chainring Adapter it is turning under much. To your every foot pressure it adds to the illusion of control on beast! Simply don ’ t like then I simply don ’ t expect to keep beautiful... Change ), you are commenting using your Facebook account if you don ’ t try jumping the too... Scare joggers or other riders with a 52 Volt battery, Master Yoda Max Ultra of a SUV when is. And that Ultra motor has a magnetic charging connector that is willing to take those of!: Reliable, long lasting energy to power your rides own Ultra Max from people was LA.