Add the simple syrup or sugar and fill the glass with ice. Add rum and lime juice. Garnish with a mint leaf. Pour over ice and enjoy! You will be enjoying this cocktail in less than 5 minutes! Strain cocktail through a Hawthorne strainer or a slotted spoon into a tall Collins glass filled with … Ice 6. For a twist add a splash of pomegranate liquor or fresh berries. Fill shaker with ice, cover, and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is very cold, about 20 seconds. Add Mint Simple Syrup, rum and lime juice. People on a restricted sugar diet can use Splenda or another sugar substitute. Muddling the mint extracts the oil making the drink much more fragrant. Love this recipe but I add mango balls infusion w ron!! I know it does not seem like a lot but I fill up my glasses all the way with ice and usually top off the drink with seltzer. Colour. With MONIN Mojito Mint syrup you can cut through all the time and prep, and start enjoying your favourite mixed or frozen drink. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Discover new Torani recipes for this flavoring syrup, including a cherry mojito, classic mojito iced tea, cool mojito mint lemonade, mint julep, and more! Ice. However because you boil a simple syrup you are nuking any value right then and there. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar … Take off of heat and allow to cool. © 2020 Condé Nast. Enter a handful of mint leaves, let the mint leaves sit in hot water for up to an hour. … Now you won’t have all of the sugar at the bottom of your glass. Step 3 : Allow to cool completly, the simple syrup is now ready for the cocktail. Mint-infused simple syrup makes the preparation and consistency of this refreshing drink especially easy. … Its just perfect a twice to your recipe!!?? I make my mojito a bit differently then others. Ginger Mint Mojito Simple Syrup. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine the sugar, water, and mint leaves. In a highball glass, place mint leaves, lime wedges and rum. Ingredients 7 ounces of light rum 1 ¾ cups sparkling water 1 tablespoon fresh mint, packed tightly Juice of 2 limes Mint simple syrup (recipe below) You will be enjoying this cocktail in less than 5 minutes! Makes 12. This simple cocktail is easy to make. I love mint and I love Mojitos. Add lime juice and light rum. Muddle simple syrup and 2 mint sprigs in a cocktail shaker. Tasting Notes. Combine water, sugar, and mint leaves in a small saucepan. One of the most famous of these has to be the mojito, the ubiquitous Cuban highball made of lime juice, muddled mint, sugar, rum, and a hit of soda. Don’t skip this step! A couple years ago, on a hot summer day, I perfected the classic mojito. Then, press the mint and sugar down to the bottom of the glass using a muddler or the back of spoon until you can smell the mint. I knew that I was going to make a honey simple syrup for the mojitos instead of trying to muddle white sugar. Simple syrup – Classic mojito recipes call for sugar, but I like to use simple syrup in its place. Perfecto… no tan dulce, no tan fuerte. I didn’t actually think I was going in the mint direction however. Mojita made with another liquor is also really good especially when replacing clear rum with vodka. A classic mojito is essentially the base cocktail for several fruitier variations such as the blackberry or strawberry mojito. Fill glass 3/4 with ice; pour in club soda to fill glass. We just tried making this drink and, while delicious, we were kind of confused on how 4 ounces of liquids would be enough for a cocktail sized drink. Cook until sugar dissolves. How to make a Mojito. As I mentioned when I shared my recipe for Simple Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Beef Wraps last week, a lot of the end of April went into prep for my best … I love using simple syrup in this mojito recipe because it’s easy to mix in with the sugar already dissolved in the syrup… While you can purchase pre-made Mojito mixes, nothing beats a hand-crafted cocktail. MONIN Mojito Mint syrup is the perfect addition to frozen cocktails, mocktails or delicious desserts. Perfect recipe! Top off with club soda; garnish with more mint. All rights reserved. Instead of plopping the sugar in the drink I make a simple syrup. Celebrate the last day of summer with me and enjoy this Classic Mint mojito! Pour half of the mojito mixture into each glass. Add the rum and top with club soda, stir well. White rum 2. I added fresh strawberries too and it was great! Pour mint infused simple syrup, white rum and lime juice into a cocktail shaker with ice. Do you usually double this recipe per person? To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. Unfortunately, it's all too easy to screw up a mojito, and among the worst things you can do to one is to overmuddle the mint. Top up with soda water. Be sure to thoroughly muddle the 2 mint sprigs with the simple syrup before shaking. I hate ordering mojitos at restaurants becasue they are never made right (i.e. Try mint, rosemary or lavender-infused syrup to add to your lemonade, iced tea or cocktail. Mojitos contain six main ingredients: 1. Every recipe is very clear, concise and easy to follow. This mojito recipe with vodka is the perfect poolside or patio sip. Here's a Mojito recipe for a crowd that calls for mint simple syrup which really gets the mint flavor into the drinks. They are always so much better at home! This mojito recipe is great. Then I spotted the mint on the counter. Every recipe is very clear, concise and easy to follow. Refreshing, simple, and delicious. Bring to a boil, … This is perfect. Yes! 20 mint leaves, really. Cooking advice that works. I leave the squeezed lime wedges in the drink for presentation. Minus The Muddling. Place remaining mint in a tall glass and add sugar. To revisit this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories. Restaurant recommendations you trust. Serve immediately with a straw. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a party or barbecue. A bunch of mint; Simple Syrup Procedure : Step 1 : Incorporate all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Transparent. Garnish with mint sprig. Muddle: Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice. Using a bartender’s wooden muddler or the end of a wooden spoon, muddle the mint and sugar, mashing it gently to release the mint’s oils. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. It’s a classic, mint mojito. This simple cocktail is easy to make. Your family must own a mint farm. In a small sauce pan combine ingredients of syrup, stir sugar to dissolve then bring to a boil. Add sparkling water to fill glass. Mojito Cocktail Ingredients : A few leaves of fresh mint; 50ml of maple rhubarb mint simple syrup I also like to muddle my lime and mint together instead of just squeezing the lime juice into the glass. Cocktail Hour: Easy Mint Mojito Syrup. Shake vigorously, then strain the cocktail into the glass with ice. Stir … Add more lime and the simple syrup: Add 2 more lime wedges and the simple syrup… I created Chef Savvy to share delicious, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love. Bon Appétit may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. In a tall glass, muddle or mash together the mint leaves and lime. Recipes you want to make. So has my boyfriend who makes them for me from time to time. : ). Add in rum, the cooled simple syrup, and sparkling water. Muddle fresh mint leaves with lime juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with a muddler. To make yourself a mojito at home, put some fresh mint, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and the juice of half of a lime in a tall, sturdy glass. Mint Leaf, Simple Syrup, Lime Juice, Light Rum, Soda Water, Mint Leaf Learn more. How to Make A Mojito. Add sugar and water to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Your mojito will be sweet throughout! Add in rum, the cooled simple syrup, and sparkling water. A simple syrup is a mixture of sugar and water that gets simmered. I feel the exact same way when I order mojitos at a restaurant! I made half of a pitcher and I used about 8 limes, 2 cups rum, 1 cup simple syrup, around 60 mint leaves, and 4 … Create the perfect Mojito with this step-by-step guide. I created Chef Savvy to share delicious, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love. I made it on a super hot day and it was very refreshing. Add mint and lime to glass: Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass (or a cocktail shaker if using a delicate glass to serve). It extracts as much flavor and juice from the lime as possible. Strain cocktail through a Hawthorne strainer or a slotted spoon into a tall Collins glass filled with ice. Once the simple syrup has cooled, pour it into a large pitcher and add the rum and lime juice. Top with sparkling water. Thanks! This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a party or barbecue. Stir to blend. This is part of BA's Best, a collection of our essential recipes. 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice. Top off with club soda and stir in fresh mint … You can make the simple syrup days ahead and that makes party day a lot easier. I like my mojito with a TON of mint. With the end of summer fast approaching I am savoring every ounce of sunshine and warm weather we get. 1 1/2 cups mint simple syrup* 2 1/4 cups light rum. Bring the solution to … Founded in 1925, Torani started as a family company in southern San Francisco and has since grown to an international brand of quality syrups exporting to 40 countries around the world. … I love adding pineapple or blueberries to my mojito. Meanwhile, add mint and lime in a small pitcher or large glass. Thank you Kari! Simple syrup … The classic mojito recipe is a Cuban born summer favorite made with white rum, fresh mint leaves, lime juice (or wedges), sugar (simple syrup), and soda water for a little fizz. Refreshing drink for a hot summer night! It streamlines the recipe, as you don’t need to muddle the sugar with the lime and mint. This is exactly how I love my mojitos. It doesn’t have to be a ton of fuss and a mess of ingredients all over your kitchen. How to make a simple syrup: Simple syrup is an easy way to add sweetness to a drink. Add 3 fluid ounces of rum and a few ice cubes, then top it off with club soda. Muddle together for about a minute until all of the juice is squeezed out of the lime and the oils have released from the mint. Pour over ice and enjoy! Sparkling water or club soda 5. While your simple syrup is simmering, muddle your lime and mint. Fill with ice cubes. Learn More, A classically trained chef with a passion for cooking! Add cooled simple syrup and rum to the mint and lime. Tomorrow is the first official day of fall and I am rebelling with this Classic Mint Mojito.