In places in Mohammad Ali Road, Colaba, Jogeshwari West, and Bandra Station, you will have plenty of varieties to choose from when it comes to kebabs. 10 should be enough to get you a nice sumptuous vada pav, but if you go to one of those fancy restaurants, it could cost you more. Address: Juhu Beach Food Centre collection of 100 tasty indian street food recipes including mumbai street food, delhi street food, kolkata street food and popular street food of india. Can you give insight on how to eat good quality, clean food in India? Thank you for this nice and wonderful interview! Popular with children, this dish can be found at stalls outside schools and playgrounds. Mumbai street food is one of my favorite types of food out there! Bookmarking. But what better way to beat the ... Mumbai city is well known for its nightlife. Although it sounds rather simple, and it is, it’s one of greatest tasting vegetarian burgers you’ll likely ever eat. Ashok Vada Pav in Dadar or Gajanan Vada Pav in Thane are great options. As soon as the vendor hands you one, you’ve got to eat it on spot immediately so the puri remains crunchy, and the spice filled water will collapse in your mouth with the potatoes and chickpeas. The traditional version is the masala dosa, where masala potatoes are added to the dosa, and it’s served with sambar and coconut chutney on the side. I Love the rich of spicy india food.. Chaat – a word derived from the Hindi term chaatna meaning ‘to lick’ – is Mumbai’s most famous street-food goody. At most places, you will find this being had by office goers either on their way to work or back home and college going students. Hi Mark Hi there.. Although Bombay duck is also served at indoor restaurants and local spots in Mumbai, I had to include it on this food list because it’s a favorite food in Mumbai. Typically the sandwiches are vegetarian, and they all begin with a couple slices of white bread that are buttered on either side. The vada is basically a potato patty, deep fried with gram flour (besan). So, there are street corners in Mumbai for the quirky foodies, and the ones who are always in search of new dishes. Hi Albert, thank you very much. All of your food pics are so vibrant and it looks so sumptuous. You get six puris per plate and have the option to choose either sweet or pungent sauces. I had my first taste of pav bhaji years ago in Kolkata, but when I posted about that, I received many messages from people telling me I needed to try Mumbai pav bhaji. A favorite street food, it is part of the chaat family and is commonly found all over. Read about where to find Mumbai's best street food … I've also included some of my personal travel eating tips and answered some of your top questions... like "Mark, how do you make money to travel?". The basic recipe includes puffed rice and sev, which are mixed together with potatoes, onions, tomatoes, again a variety of chutney, and it’s often topped with a handful of chopped cilantro. Chaat is a word that is used to describe a huge variety of mostly savory snacks in India, and I wouldn’t be surprised if there were thousands of different types of chaat. Where: You’ll find Mumbai street sandwiches all over the city, especially in busy areas of the city. April 19, 2016 at 1:48 am. Mumbai street food is as exciting as it is mouthwatering. The dish is served with a puri and should not cost you more than Rs. the picture quality is wonderful. The best trip to do in Mumbai. Although available in other nearby cities but the taste is not same as of Mumbai. What r d precautions u took cz I notices u ate all stall roadside food.. TIA. A favourite chaat item, Paani Puri is served by the plate. When it comes to non-vegetarian food, there is no other dish that is more popular than kebabs in Mumbai. Try these recipes this week! Nice thanx for you share street food mumbai. You might think that dosa is only popular in the South of India, you’re wrong. A unique item, this features a gravy of white peas served with an aloo tikki, topped with coriander and a few chutneys. However, since it does contain water, do be cautious where you eat it. I watched many of ur videos in india n even d 1 in Oman. Heading to the big city for food is a passion for Shraddha, she has many memories of culinary trips to try street food in Mumbai. While you could, at one time, only get snacks, today hawkers have improvised and are now serving a variety of food that not only include snacks, but main courses, ice creams, and a few international cuisines. And also, don’t miss those fried chilies on the side to give you a kick of heat and flavor. Apart from the typical Mumbai sandwich, you also get other varieties with cheese, paneer and even with schezwan sauce. Great post! Mumbai street food is unbelievable, overwhelming and doubly satisfying. Required fields are marked *. Shraddha looks for both the well-known and the … The dish is commonly served with bread smeared with butter, onions on the side and a dollop of butter on the pav bhaji. On this list of top Mumbai street food you’ll find a lot of vegetarian food (and I happen to think some of the world’s best vegetarian food is in India), but kebabs and rolls are undoubtedly non-veg. In addition to all the things you recommend, I’d really like to try some Indo Chinese wok fried noodles when visiting India. Open hours: 10 am – 1 am daily. The South Indian dish is popular Street food item in Mumbai. This cheap Mumbai street food is filling and, therefore, a good lunch option if you ever see a vendor around. You will also find quite a few juice stalls at the local railways stations in Mumbai. Depending on size, a grilled bhutta will cost you around Rs. I am off to India in a week for the first time in my life. Apart from the financial capital, Mumbai is also known as the street food capital of India. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Your picture was so well-taken that I am already salivating. In this blog post I’m going to share with you 10 of the best Mumbai street foods and also where to eat them. I am new to Mumbai. Makes me wonder, why I hadn’t searched fo it before. Be especially careful with things that use raw ingredients or water within them. Just love your VLOG and If you happen to visit Mumbai again, I would really love to host you and your family for lunch or dinner ( or maybe both ). I love the artistic and detailed approach of your posts Mark! Check the Top 15 Mumbai Street Food you must have while in Mumbai. (BIG FAN) Address: Kashinath Dhuru Marg, Dadar, Mumbai (near Kriti College, Dadar) A huge aspect of culturally diverse Mumbai is the culinary experience the city offers. Whether it is at a restaurant or a local street kebab corner, kebabs are the hot favourite among the non-veg eating folks of Mumbai. Mumbai Street Food Tour price starts from ₹ 1,908.48. Select from premium Mumbai Street Food of the highest quality. In this article, we take a look at the 17 varieties of Mumbai … Next to Union Station. While food has always been a key part of Mumbai’s food scene, juices closely follow suit. Regards, Mumbai is a city that loves to eat and this list is proof. For a unique taste, try the Dahi (curd) Sev Batata Puri that comes with a coating of curd over the sauces. BTW thanks for telling the history of Pav Bhaji, I didnt know about it. It’s the type of Mumbai street food that once you start eating it, you can’t stop. A combination of vegetables were mashed up, mixed with spices, and served with bread. VadaPav is my most favorite. Pani puri is a just a wonderful thing to eat. The Vada Pav is a much loved snack in Mumbai. Pav Bhaji is an evergreen favorite street food in Mumbai. Hi Susan, thank you for reading. Mewad Ice Cream is popular with kids in Mumbai (source). The Vada Pav is the holy grail of all the famous street food in Mumbai. Mar 27, 2017 - by Vaseem Khan, author THE UNEXPECTED INHERITANCE OF INSPECTOR CHOPRA, a mystery set in India and featuring a baby elephant. I am travelling to Mumbai this weekend.I came across this blog and I would love to try few of them. Shilpa Shetty is one of the fittest actresses in Bollywood. Then in goes a combination of cilantro and mint chutney, with thin slices of vegetables that can include beetroot, onion, cucumber, tomato, and a layer of masala potatoes, followed by shredded cheese and a sprinkle of chili and cumin. Mumbai Street Food Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Thank you very much Ton. Hello Mark, it’s such a joy to watch the way you have highlighted Mumbai food spectacularly. The grilled corn or Bhutta is a popular beach snack. View Mumbai Street Food Videos, Recipes, Food Articles and explore more on Mumbai Street Food Mumbai Street Food tient son nom de ses recettes issues des rues de Mumbai et du Gujarat.Une cuisine authentique, fraîche et savoureuse. Trishna is excellent, but full of expats and tourists, so try Mahesh, around the corner from the Mocambo Café, in Fort. Vada pav is by far the most exciting fast food or street food we have in mumbai. The dosas are made fresh and crisp. Reply . Drinking cups of hot chai on the side of the street is one of the joys of visiting India. Mumbai Roadside Breakfast. Reply . And to all those who keep complaining about health code violations and all that, if you really want to understand something to appreciate it, you have to experience it. Pav bhaji has an interesting history, and it was originally a late night food that was made for workers from leftovers. Keep exploring new places and new cuisines. You will find momo carts across the city, with vendors serving both vegetarian and non-vegetarian delights. Mumbai street food breakfast. January 10, 2017 at 7:54 am. Next time you are in Mumbai, please try the custard apple fruit cream also. Downtown. Address: Tulloch Road, Apollo Bunder, Colaba, Mumbai Hi Peggy, thank you very much, really appreciate it. So can you guide for local sightseeing n local food n local guide where we actually see n feel city n culture n food. Mumbai’s Vada Pav and Bhelpuri are just great. And you really show me how beautifull that place is, especially by your food photo and you really made me hungry just by looking at it. Yet another chaat item that is popular in Mumbai, Sev Batata Puri is basically a mixture of onions, potatoes, tomatoes, and chillies served on fried flat puris topped with sweet, spicy, and mint sauces. And most important local street food of Mumbai is Vada Pao at Ashok Satam’s stall near central telegraph office, fort. Nothing beats Indian food it seems right? Open hours: 3 pm – 12 am midnight daily. After you’re done eating your plate of paani puri, it is customary to ask for aplain puri that is served without the chutney. Shilpa Shetty enjoys some Mumbai street food. Rules for staff travel do not apply to other discounted or “free” tickets, be they frequent flyer or barter (exchange within a marketing agreement). Hi Fahmi, you’re welcome, thank you for reading. Although it’s called Bombay duck (or bombil), it’s not really duck at all, but it’s a type of lizardfish. meant to say if you or Ying ever suffered…….. Hi Mark, There are also some indian food store in Indonesia. Open hours: 7 pm – 3 am daily. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Will take you to better place for food. Best thing to do is just go for it, and you’ll figure it out as you go! The lizardfish is coated in a layer of semolina, then deep fried to a crisp. Great to see your blog! But in Mumbai you’ll find some fusion and very creative types of dosas as well, where both Indian and Chinese dishes are served with the dosa, and they work so well. In Mumbai, you will find plenty of juice stalls all over the place. Meaning the way they handle the food, is not always, the way I would like… there are just a few guys that are wearing gloves….! Hi Mark, amazing video on Mumbai… do you have any plans to visit Kolkata soon? Favourite chaat ingredients include sev (crunchy fried noodles), pulses, potato … I would love to visit Hyderabad in the future. Nice, colorful article, love the pictures (I’m a picture person more than a video follower!) You should have visited The Avenue Restaurant, Kandivali East Hi Shashank, nice to meet you, thank you very much. i don’t think i would have experienced this much diversity and richness if not for what you’re doing. Sweet lime and lemon are a popular juice among the people of Mumbai. Use the coupon SWITCH to get 10% discount. Don’t forget to dip your street food sandwich in more chutney before taking a bite! Where: I found 6th Road Sev Puri on Foursquare, and since I was in the area I had to give it a try. My mouth is almost dripping just looking at the photos! Open hours: 10 am – 1 am daily. . Hey Shailendra, thank you very much, Mumbai is such an amazing food city! These snacks range from recipes for pani puri to falooda and even vegetarian samosas! A typical kebab corner in Mumbai (source). You are an inspiration! Living in a fast-paced city means that the people of Mumbai really look forward to the weekend — especially if it’s a long one! Frankie is a spicy wrap or a roll that is stuffed with veggies, chutney, masalas and a whole lot of things. Open hours: 8 am – 11:30 pm daily. Bhel is made using puffed rice and minced onion, potato, and chilli, topped with coriander leaves. I am sure you will like it. When I visited Mumbai, Bombay duck was one of the foods I was most looking forward to eating, and it was wholly satisfying with every bite. Sir I want u to do the show with Trevor James together do the show sir both are great. Address: Chowpatty, Girgaum, Mumbai, India Where: Gomantak Boarding House Restaurant serves outstanding Malvani seafood, and one of their specialities is bombil fry. Surrounded by the spectacular Western Ghats, the largest metropolitan of India is loaded with chunks of places to visit. The airlines want to project a professional image. Thank you. Well, you just can’t miss the arrangement of the food, as you can see in the picture. We’d love to visit India soon, and we adore Indian food…Which precautions do you suggest to follow? The Mumbai street food guide is as chock-a-block with food items of multiple flavors as the cityscape is dotted with the things to see. Hope you enjoyed your time there. really wonderful and I would love to visit them. Open hours: 11 am – 9:30 pm on Monday – Saturday (closed on Sunday). If there are two things Mumbai is most famous for, they’re Bollywood and street food. I always wondered if and Ying ever suffered from tummy upsets/diarrhoea eating foods featured in your in your videos. Thank you very much. Hot Bhutta is a popular winter snack in Mumbai. 60, depending on where you eat it and what the filling is. It’s simple, and delicious, and it’s a street food you can’t leave Mumbai without trying. Great to hear that Jayshree, hope you can do some traveling soon, and glad you’re interested in going for it by yourself. A dosa is made from a batter of rice and urad bean flour which is lightly fermented, and then fried on a hot circular plate in a thin crepe like shape. Amazing pictures, Thanks for sharing. Great list Mark. Thanks and Regards, Hello Mark, that’s a wonderful description. Thanks and regards!! You definitely do need to be careful eating street food in Mumbai, and something are not so healthy to eat all the time, especially things like serving off the paper. Living in Mumbai can leave you feeling trapped and helpless due to the piling pressure and the inexplicable monotony of everyday life. I think the best way to enjoy your Mumbai sandwich is to order it toasted, so you get it hot and fresh, and crispy on the edges. The fig tree family - banyan, peepal among others - has inspired not just our name but also what we do. If you’re planning to visit India again do email. Are these readily available in Mumbai? A guide to the best Mumbai steret food, regional food, markets and bakeries: a list of dishes and addresses to write down if you're planning a trip to India. I have recently started following your youtube channel and website. Do visit other places like New Delhi. Also referred to as the Mumbai vegetarian burger, vada pav consists of a spiced mashed potato mixture, which is deep fried into a patty, packed into a white fluffy bun, and garnished with a variety of different chutneys and spices for seasoning. Great blog btw! Bombay Street Food. If you have didnt visited HYDERABAD, you could visit once. 50 a plate. Will appreciate your comments. Pav Bhaji originated in Maharashtra, no wonder then that is has gained immense popularity with the people of Mumbai. Mumbai is full of so many varieties and levels of food / dining, so there are so many options. While you could, at one time, only get snacks, today hawkers have improvised and are now serving a variety of food that not only include snacks, but main courses, ice creams, and a few international cuisines. Juhu and Chowpatty Beaches, Aditi Snacks, near Mithibai college, Marine Drive. Not sure if it would require planning to go a specific spot, or if they’re easily found on the street. Misal Pav is served at small carts across the city, particularly those areas with a strong Maharashtrian population, such as Dadar and Lalbaug. I would really like you to visit 38 talking about this. A bhuna roll is the perfect late night snack that you want to be eating at about 3 am in the morning, and feeling really good about it. Mumbai boasts of variety of street foods that it puts on display and everyone, from billionaire to beggar relishes it. Toasted on a grill with a potato filling and green,mint chutney, the Mumbai sandwich is a popular snack on Mumbai’s street food scene. Prepare yourself to drool over these 41 meals, each featuring mouthwatering photos, details, and where you can eat it. Mumbai surely has the best street food in India. Hi Mark Although it is available at most local restaurants in Mumbai, the best experience of eating a vada pav is at a street food cart. Discover and book Mumbai Street Food Tour on Tripadvisor. Hope you can visit India soon. We would love to host you! The Frankie is one of the most famous rolls served on the streets of Mumbai. Street Food Corner’s in Mumbai. Share. W would love to try all of the street foods featured, and many more. P.S Maybe you are also interested of reading one of my fave travel blog: blogodiary.com Check it out and I know you’re gonna love it. Mumbai. Latest updates about Mumbai Street Food and Mumbai Street Food food articles on NDTV Food Food. A plate of bhel puri should not cost you more than Rs. Anna selling a plate of soft, fluffy idli or crispy medu vada drowning in a pool of coconut chutney and tangy sambhar is a common sight in various nook and corners of office areas in Mumbai. Read more. I have lived in Mumbai for 6 years until I shifted to Dubai Where: I tried the bhelpuri in the video at Juhu Beach Food Centre at a place called Om Sai Sagar Chaat Centre. There are dozens of Mumbai street foods you could try, but this list of 10 is just a beginning, a start to the amazing street food possibilities that you’ll enjoy in Mumbai! In the near future I would love to go to India too, to eat all those incredible curries, etc. H Street Corridor. The filling for every Frankie Roll is made by the same company (Tibbs). Luckily, Ying and I haven’t really experienced any stomach issues. You should have visited the Avenue Restaurant, Kandivali East, Mumbai When winter arrives, at every beach in Mumbai, you will bhuttawallas selling corn grilled on the, Paani Puri is a favourite chaat item in Mumbai, Juhu Beach chaat counters, M M Mithaiwala, Punjab Sweet House in Bandra West. I understand that you were a guest of Star Alliance, flying non revenue in business class. Great post, love for food is a never ending thing specially when its comes to street food. Best places to eat Vada Pav’s in Mumbai would be Chabildas Dadar, Shivaji Vada Pav at Vile Parle East and Samrat Vada Pav at Vile Parle West. Turned out to incredible. 30 to Rs. OMG! Apart from the regular version, which is made purely of tomatoes and potatoes, you get another version called khada pav bhaji that is a mash of cauliflower and other vegetables. Bhelpuri is a popular chaat dish found in Mumbai. Chinese Bhel is a newcomer on the Mumbai street food scene (source). So here it is, the ultimate list of the street food in Mumbai when you are visiting this sparkling city. Mumbai is a truly amazing city with so much delicious food to offer. Bhel as it is popularly called is a famous chaat food found at street stalls in Mumbai. Find the perfect Mumbai Street Food stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. Capitol Hill. Great job! The chutney makes all the difference. i am go to mumbai one day and i visit the place so amazing the food very delicious omg i am very happy, Hi…Mark….I am one of your viewer. Across the city, you will find hawkers setting up food stalls at street corners, on the pavements, or near schools and offices selling hot portions of snacks and meals. Not only do you have a chance to taste some incredibly flavorful combinations of ingredients, but standing along the humid streets of Mumbai, watching countless people go by, is part of what adds to your experience. And so finally on my trip to Mumbai with Star Alliance, I made it out to Juhu Beach one day, and the first thing I headed for was pav bhaji (and there are about 20 places to eat pav bhaji in the food section of Juhu Beach, maybe more). Hope you can visit in the future, it’s a city full of life and a sensory overload! You can go authentic, with the sada dosa, or spice it up with a potato filling, cheese or even chocolate! I visited Mumbai on my Round The World Trip for Food with Star Alliance. I definitely tripped when I saw them serve the street food on a torn out paper with words printed on it! NearFox Mumbai. This article reflects the street food culture of India. 40, Paani Puri is a favourite chaat item in Mumbai (source). Bombay duck is a fantastic dish to eat in Mumbai, and it goes particularly good with a full thali meal that includes rice, chapati, and a variety of side curries to enhance everything. wow it’s so scrumptious list of delicious food. Just be careful, cause I want to watch your shows for many years to come my friend….! Also, you will find vendors selling Batata Poha, Sheera, Upma, … Mumbai street food is as exciting as it is mouthwatering. This board showcases Mumbai recipes India Mumbai street food . This is not really a food, but I had to include it on this list because of its importance and dominance in the street food arena in India. I don’t travel much so your videos really mean alot. Definitely made me hungry! A normal habit for Mumbaikars is to grab a bhutta and embark on a romantic walk along the seashore. But in Mumbai, also try Sardar Pav Bhaji or Canon Pav Bhaji. 500 H Street NE, Washington DC, 20002. Located along the Konkan Coast in the Indian state of Maharashtra, Mumbai … If it were so the airline should state it upon issuance of tickets or signature of agreement. I hope to come back again and try more! Thanks for the excellent article!! Not only do you have a chance to taste some incredibly flavorful combinations of ingredients, but standing along the humid streets of Mumbai, watching countless people go by, is part of what adds to your experience. Address: 301 Miranda Chawl, Kelkar Road, Dadar West, Mumbai In Mumbai, you have plenty of stalls serving dosas, idli, and medu vada with hot sambar and yummy coconut chutney. Columbia Heights. Amazing stuff you got there Honestly i’ve never been thinking to go to Mumbai before. Julie. I also watched all these foods being prepared in front of you, there is just that one thing that seems to bother me…..are they clean? Thnx for your prompt reply. Thank you for the suggestions! What is the Mumbai Street Food Tour cancellation policy? Mumbai Street Food, Restaurants and Markets amazing post and photos! The rolls are available in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. Where: At Girgaum Chowpatty, there’s a stall called Badshah Pani Puri that serves great pani puri, and they did mention they use filtered water. Also the best season for visit in konkan is Ganpati Festival & summer season. 524 8 th Street SE, Washington DC, 20003. Just enter your name and email below and I promise to only send you delicious emails :). It is very inspiring. Living in Mumbai from last four months and I have tasted all the foods which you have mentioned in your post. In this article, we take a look at the 17 varieties of Mumbai street food that are unbeatable. In the video, I had the sandwich on a street just off Mumbai’s Bhendi Bazaar. I cannot wait to visit India to try the Vada Pav. Open hours: 11 am – 3:30 pm and 7:30 pm – 11:30 pm daily. Where: Ashok Vada Pav serves one of the legendary versions of vada pav in Mumbai (supposedly the original), and it’s sensational. Keep having fun eating, i’m looking forward to something new. Maybe Next time, you can try out the restaurant I specified abouve Address: Outside Mithibai College, Gulmohar Road No. And all these people need a solid taste of Mumbai street food. Next time you are in India plz try to visit in konkan, Goa & try traditional konkani food. The chaat recipes that are the most popular are the ones you will find in this collection of 35 Mumbai street foods. Although it’s not served in clay cups like in Kolkata, chai in Mumbai is just as delicious and omnipresent. Address: Juhu Beach Food Centre Let us know in the comments. When winter arrives, at every beach in Mumbai, you will bhuttawallas selling corn grilled on the chulha and served with lime and chaat masala. But first, if you haven’t already watched the video, press play below: If you take a walk down any street in Mumbai, you’re bound to quickly come across vada pav, one of Mumbai’s most popular and widely available street food snacks. However, these places are sprinkled throughout the city, So, a go-to place for food … I think now i know where to go for next tip. Shawarma is one of the few international dishes that is popular in Mumbai (source), Over the past few years, Mumbai has fallen in love with Lebanese food, more specifically the Shawarma. Thanks…, agree with her…konkan region is must to explore. Paul S wrote a review Mar 2020. Best Street Food in Mumbai: See Tripadvisor traveler reviews of Street Food in Mumbai. Mumbai, the capital city of Maharashtra guarantees a fun-filled experience for ... Navi Mumbai is the planned twin city of Mumbai. Available mostly in chicken, the shawarma in Mumbai comes with mayo, schezwan sauce and even with BBQ sauce, Frankie, Mumbai’s answer to the Kati Roll (source). You will find Mewad ice cream carts parked at crowded corners of every suburb in Mumbai. The Unique Guide to Mumbai Street Food is a guest post by Shraddha Maheshwari, a travel blogger from Pune (which is close to Mumbai).