The 20-megapixel TZ90 (also known as the Panasonic ZS70) offers a 30x wide-angle zoom lens, flippable 3" monitor, 4K video recording, lens control ring, RAW file format, touchscreen control and an electronic viewfinder. Also provided are both face and eye-tracking functions. Comment. I used the built-in viewfinder to take these shots and having the camera pressed to your face undoubtedly provides a more stable platform than holding it out in front while looking at the screen. In good light it reacts almost instantly, the confirmation beep sounding almost the instant you half-press the shutter. Above left: 100% crop, 4.3-129mm at 129mm, 1/25, 80 ISO, OIS off. When I compared similar crops from the 18 Megapixel Lumix TZ80 / ZS60 I couldn’t see any additional detail in the 4k clip – mainly due to sensor noise. And ISO 1600 was sufficient for shooting handheld around and a little after sunset, or if I stayed near reasonably strong city lighting while shooting at wide-angle. The closest focusing distances with the lenses set to wide are 3cm for the TZ90 / ZS70, and 1cm for the SX730 HS, allowing both to capture good macro images, although giving the Canon the edge. Panasonic Lumix TZ90 / ZS70 Shooting experience. The BLG10E battery (the same one used in the TZ80 / ZS60) provides enough power on a full charge for 380 shots using the screen exclusively or 250 shots with the EVF so, in practice, probably somewhere between the two. It packs a 30x / … Moving on, the Lumix TZ90 / ZS70 records 1080p at up to 28Mbit/s in AVCHD or MP4 modes. The LX10 has … The Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ95 is a great looking, extremely capable point-and-shoot camera. Above right: Panasonic Lumix TZ90 / ZS70 1080 video coverage. For one thing, the Auto ISO function simply refused to roam beyond ISO 1600-equivalent. If you want to sell a compact, point-and-shoot camera these days, the way to do so is either to make it rugged and life-proof, or to gift it with an extremely powerful zoom lens.Panasonic has plenty of experience in the pocket-friendly, long-zoom market For this tripod pan I disabled the stabilisation on the Lumix TZ90 / ZS70. You can also find the additional questions and answers concerning some particular features of the ZS70. This makes it very easy to jog back and forth before selecting the perfect moment, after which a press of the Menu / Set button saves the frame as a new JPEG with 8 Megapixel resolution. You can also select burst shooting, 4K photo modes and self-timer options. In use, the TZ90 / ZS70’s autofocus is quick and accurate. So if you press the button as soon as the action has just happened, you should have a frame which includes some part of it from a moment earlier. 05 May 2017 / 12:16BST. Of course uploading to social media and other services is only available if you’re connected to the camera via a network as with a direct connection you won’t have internet access. The Panasonic Image App provides access to the widest range of settings and controls of pretty much any Wi-Fi remote shooting app available. Panasonic introduced Creative Control filter effects on the FZ47 / FZ48 back in 2011 and has been adding new ones ever since. Shooting fully zoomed in, close to sunset, almost into the light, fast-moving wet-suited surfers aren’t easily differentiated from the ocean backdrop. It can be used to place the AF area for focusing, meter exposure, shoot and select soft function buttons, and also allows menu selection and entering of details when making network connections. Finally, I should also mention Creative Control mode. To test real-life performance, I shot this scene with the Panasonic Lumix TZ90 / ZS70 and the Canon PowerShot SX730 HS using their best quality JPEG settings and at their base 80 ISO sensitivity setting. Panasonic Lumix TZ90 / ZS70 review - Quality. Below you can see the range of the Canon PowerShot SX730 HS for comparison. An a/c adaptor and a USB cable are included in the box, though you can use any USB Micro B cable and any suitable power source, you can’t externally power the camera while shooting. Like other recent Lumix models with 4k video, the TZ90 / ZS70 also supports Panasonic’s 4k Photo mode – exploiting the fact 4k video captures an 8 Megapixel image up to 30 times a second. You'll want to click here for our complete rundown of what's new and what's not. But it lacks the TZ100 / ZS100’s 24fps option. This uses the accelerometer in your phone to trigger the shutter remotely as you jump in the air. I have to say that by small-sensor camera standards, the Panasonic ZS70 offers a wealth of features, reasonable ergonomics and acceptable image quality in a fairly compact package. There are two modes – Standard, which records about 180 degrees and Wide which will do a complete 360 degrees. Panasonic Lumix TZ90 / ZS70 Lens and stabilisation. Further options allow you to restrict transferred files to just photos or videos. With the TZ90 / ZS70 I couldn’t say whether it results in faster focussing in optimal conditions, Lumix travel zooms were already very good performers in that respect and of course DFD was introduced on the earlier TZ80 / ZS60. And even for macro photography, where the function might seem more useful, stopping down to f/8 already gave the Panasonic ZS70's images almost as much depth of field as the focus stacked equivalents, but without the need for a significant reduction in resolution to 8.3 megapixels along with the strong focal length crop. Above are two photos taken from the same position with the TZ90 / ZS70 using each end of the zoom range, illustrating the range at your disposal – at one moment capturing a wide field before getting very close to distant details the next. Panasonic replaced the older ZS70 with this model. Nikon Z TC-1.4x TC-2.0x teleconverter review. 23 Jul. Where the earlier TZ80 / ZS60 frame rates were region dependent you now get both the PAL and NTSC compatible frame rate options for all video modes; 4k UHD video is available at 25 or 30fps. The LUMIX ZS70 does it all in photos and videos, with vivid colors and details, just the way you remember them. To do so, you must now press the Function 1 button and select either Auto or Range-based merging from a menu overlaid on your scene. Like its predecessor, it becomes the top model in the long travel zoom series, although the TZ100 / ZS100 remains above it for those willing to trade zoom range for a larger 1in sensor. Speaking personally, would I buy this camera? It's certainly not going to rival footage from a larger-sensored camera, and noise is readily apparent even at base sensitivity just as for stills, but there's definitely more detail in the ZS70's ultra high-def clips than in the high-def ones. That means a 4x slow-motion effect for HD footage, or an 8x slow-mo effect for VGA footage. Of course once the image is copied into your device, you could just exit the Panasonic app and handle it direct from whichever sharing or storage app you like via your phone’s gallery. Above right: Panasonic Lumix TZ90 / ZS70 1080 video quality 100% crop. It has Auto, Forced on, and Slow Sync modes, plus each of those three with a red-eye reduction option. As before, Panasonic’s 4k Photo modes provide a fun way of exploiting the fact 4k video captures an 8 Megapixel image up to 30 times a second. While you can use the camera’s physical controls to alter the settings the touch screen provides a slide out panel allowing you to do so silently. No, I would not recommend this to a friend. 5th June 2017 Written by Ken McMahon; In depth; Quality; Samples; Verdict ; Quality. If anything, you're more likely to struggle to achieve sufficiently narrow depth of field to blur your backgrounds how you'd like, rather than being concerned about having insufficient depth of field for a given shot. Thanks to its larger sensor, ease of use, excellent autofocusing, and the inclusion of 4k video technology, the FZ1000 consistently beat its opponents in the races. If, as is likely, it’s calculated at 1600, or worse, 3200 ISO that means it’ll be much more limited at lower ISO’s. You can also set the app to make a GPS log for subsequent syncing and tagging, create a snap movie, or photo collage. Maximum aperture falls from f/3.3 at wide angle to f/6.4 at telephoto. Unfortunately, in that first field test I also reminded myself that with a minute 1/2.3-inch image sensor and a high 20-megapixel resolution, noise (and the adverse effects of noise reduction) can prove to be noticeable even at base sensitivity, let alone once you crank the ISO up. Our Verdict. :Firstly, the small sensor size means that depth of field is, much like that of your smartphone, already quite generous. 4K Video Capture With the clarity of 4K video, the LUMIX ZS70 makes it easy to record every journey in up to 3840 x 2160p detail — four times the quality of Full HD. To maintain a responsive experience, the camera sends low resolution thumbnails to your phone. The Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 (called Panasonic TZ90 in some regions) and the Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS80 (labelled Panasonic TZ95 in some countries) are two digital cameras that were officially introduced, respectively, in April 2017 and February 2019. And if you drag your finger across the screen, you can quickly select or deselect multiple points in one go. Both the ZS70 and the ZS80 are fixed lens compact cameras that are equipped with a 1/2.3-inch sensor. Low (2fps with Live View), Medium (5fps with Live View), and High (10fps without Live View). The ZS70’s Sports (low-light ISO) score of 106 ISO is the highest sensitivity at which the camera is capable of shooting with a color sensitivity of over 18 bits, and good dynamic range of over 9 … And simply flipping up the newly-articulated display, whose underlying panel is unchanged from that of the ZS60, will automatically put the Panasonic ZS70 into Self Shot mode to help you get the best possible results. A high-res, small-sensor design doesn't bode well for low light shooting, Merging is pretty quick, but prone to errors and can't handle motion at all, Focus Stacking comes with a heavy focal length crop and isn't often that useful in the real world, You can use Post Focus videos to stack in Photoshop, but honestly you'll get better results from full-res stills, Forget the zoom and bring your tripod if you're planning on shooting much at night, High-speed video capture can be plenty of fun, A feature-rich daytime shooter with a mighty long zoom, but small-sensor limitations. Here’s how the TZ80 / ZS60 crop looks for 4k video, below left, compared to 1080p video, below right. It’s great to have such a wide choice of AF area modes, but it’s the touch screen that makes the biggest difference to focussing with the TZ90 / ZS70. A good example is the surfing shot you can see above. The Lumix TZ90 / ZS70 will look very familiar to anyone who already owns a recent TZ/ZS series super-zoom. 05 Aug. Sony Xperia 1 II Audio review. Accessoires pour Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ90 / ZS70. You can enable focus peaking in one of two colors (light or dark blue) or disable it altogether by pressing the Function 2 button. There’s are also Time Lapse and Stop Motion modes, accessed through the main menus rather than the movie options. The Lumix DC-ZS70 (TZ90 outside of North America) is a compact travel zoom with a 30X, 24-720mm equivalent lens. ZS80 is also sold as Lumix DC-TZ95 in some of the countries. I found the best results were achieved with the TZ90 / ZS70 set to custom multi mode using the central AF area grouping. 30 second Panasonic TZ90 / ZS70 review… Other video features include snap movie, which records a short clip of between two and eight seconds in length. Switch to AVCHD format and the options are 1080p50 at 28Mbit/s and 1080i50 at 17Mbit/s (from 50p sensor output) or 24Mbit/s (from 25p sensor output). It’s invaluable in bright sunlight and holding the camera to your face also helps steady the camera when shooting at slower shutter speeds – or at long zooms. As I’ve mentioned earlier, it’s easy to inadvertently reposition the AF area with your nose when using the viewfinder, particularly if, like me, you use your left eye. Preview posted 04/18/2017, Updates:08/19/17: Field Test Part I posted10/17/17: Field Test Part II posted. Now, it's time for a followup, and in my second field test of the ZS70, I headed downtown in my home town of Knoxville, Tennessee for an evening shoot, including both high-sensitivity and long-exposure shooting. Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS70 for Portrait Photography. You can always turn touch AF off, I just wish there was a way to do it temporarily when using the electronic viewfinder. Measuring 110mm x x 64mm x 40mm and weighing 300g with the battery and a card fitted, the PowerShot SX730 HS is just a little bit smaller all-round and a tad lighter. 20MP - 1/2.3" BSI-CMOS Sensor; ISO 80 - 3200( expands to 6400) 24-720 mm F3.3-6.4 Zoom Lens; Optical Image Stabilization; 3" Tilting Screen; 1166k dot Electronic viewfinder ; 10.0 fps continuous shooting; 4K - 3840 x 2160 video resolution; Built-in Wireless; 322g. The new Lumix TZ90 / ZS70 is essentially the earlier TZ80 / ZS60 with a couple of updates. And the addition of a new focus stacking function will make it easier to get the results you're looking for from macro shots, as well. We answer the big questions in our Panasonic TZ90 / ZS70 review. The screen is fixed with one small hinge at the top and when folded in sits almost flush with the camera back – it’s flush at the top, with the EVF and thumb rest left and right respectively and there’s a bevel on the right edge where it meets the rear control panel, a very slick design. With a native sensitivity range of just ISO 80-3200 equivalents, I wasn't expecting a lot from the Panasonic ZS70's night shooting chops, and nor would I have done with any other camera at this sensor size, even in an era of backside-illuminated sensors. ... By Digital Photography Review … First introduced in February 2018, Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS80 is a 20.0MP Small Sensor Superzoom camera with a 1/2.3" (6.17 x 4.55 mm ) sized BSI-CMOS sensor, built-in Image Stabilization , Tilting touch screen and 24-720 mm F3.3-6.4 lens. It's inclusion once again reinforces the fact that, small sensor or not, Panasonic sees this camera as targeting enthusiasts. There are also a couple of high-speed video modes on offer, which can be fun for short clips. Like its predecessor, the FZ80 is an entry-level model that sits below the FZ300. Post focus and the other 4k modes are more than just a gimmick, it’s a great feature that takes advantage of the 8 Megapixel resolution available in 4k video frames to improve your chances of getting a great still image that truly captures the moment. The Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 is an affordable point and shoot camera that includes some of the features you’d find … And what of video? It packs a 30x / … It’s a really fun way to exploit the technology in your pocket. Panasonic’s Lumix TZ90, or ZS70 as it’s known in North America, is a pocket-super-zoom with a 30x optical range, 20 Megapixel sensor, 4k video, tilting touchscreen and built-in electronic viewfinder. For me, Panasonic provides one of the best wi-fi experiences of any camera manufacturer both for image transfer and remote control and shooting. Above left: Panasonic Lumix TZ90 / ZS70. Both cameras offer a … Its best results for color and dynamic range are achieved at base ISO 80, where it scores 19.1 bits for color depth and 10.6 EVfor dynamic range. Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 : Tests and Reviews Scores Specifications ... Motorola Edge+ Audio review. 19 Aug. DXOMARK Audio survey. A good amount of detail was lost by ISO 1600, but even this sensitivity was fairly usable in terms of noise levels and their tradeoff against detail. You could of course frame grab from video externally, but Panasonic has made it easy to perform the whole process in-camera. You can also add a monochrome to colour fade in our out effect, as well as a simple exposure fade. There are two options for transferring images; Batch transfer provides a menu from which you can select options to transfer the current day’s images, or you can include the last 3, 7 or 30 days, or if you’re feeling impetuous you can opt to transfer everything. Well, the Panasonic ZS70 is relatively rare among small-sensor compacts for the fact that it offers 4K video in-camera. So for Panasonic to have squeezed more 4k detail from a new 20 Megapixel sensor is a real achievement. The TZ90 / ZS70 also includes Panoramic Shooting mode which takes a sequence of shots as you rotate the camera to capture a panoramic scene and then assembles them in-camera to a single image. This change brings with it a little added heft, with height and depth both increasing by around 0.1 inch (~3mm), and weight by some 1.4 ounces (40g). Although its resolution has been increased just fractionally from the 18-megapixel sensor of the ZS60, that change is unlikely to be noticeable in the real world, and doubtless has more to do with taking the ZS70 across the psychologically-important 20-megapixel threshold, satisfying fans of bigger-means-better megapixel ratings. You can also find the additional questions and answers concerning some particular features of the ZS70. And not only for the fact that induces such an extreme crop. That’s a little better than the 250 shots you’ll get with the Canon PowerShot SX730 HS, but the SX730 HS’s Eco energy saving mode extends that to a more generous 355 shots. Could it be more powerful than just a travel camera – could this be the ideal ‘next step up’ for smartphone users? (Apologies for the fact I'm missing night sample videos above; I've misplaced them and will shoot some more imminently with which to replace them.). Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Panasonic LUMIX DC-ZS70S, 20.3 Megapixel, 4K Digital Camera, Touch Enabled 3-inch 180 Degree Flip-front Display, 30X LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR Lens, WiFi (Silver) at Amazon.com. What’s interesting about this comparison is that as well as larger detail in the crop on the left, I think there’s actually a little more detail in the 4k crop. If you switch the Lumix TZ90 / ZS70 on while it’s charging an alert that tells you ‘To begin charging turn the camera off’ is displayed. Panasonic Lumix TZ90 review. And that, save for a 19% increase in battery life when using the LCD but an 11% decrease in battery life when using the viewfinder, is about it for the changes as far as we can see. It doesn’t look too noisy but in low light the AF struggles to find something to focus on and stay there. Apart from a bit of skittishness at the end of the zoom the AF is steady and there’s no noise from the zoom motor. You can still shoot, but the battery won’t start charging until you turn the camera off. You can also use the touch-screen while composing with the viewfinder to reposition the AF area. ZS80 is also sold as Lumix DC-TZ95 in some of the countries. The PowerShot SX730 HS battery can be charged in-camera over a USB connection, or externally using the supplied AC unit.