I like the sunburst dial on this blue version of the Eterna Super KonTiki Chronograph. On 6 o’clock, you’ll find the date aperture. Normally, I would not have an issue with this, as metal bracelets cost more to produce than a rubber strap. You will receive a link to create a new password via email. On the inside it has these tracks and on the outside it has ‘Eterna’ in it. ETA used to be their subsidiary company for creating movements for their own watches as well as for other brands. The case band has a satin brush finish as well. While Tudor is now using in house movements for their Black Bay model, it was still using a modified ETA up until about a year ago, at around $3200 list price. Easy to set the time, use the chrono etc. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. 9. Before I start with the Eterna Super KonTiki Chronograph review, a few words on the company first. At the very least, it should be on your list as a contender. Predator Kontiki NZ. But in any case, it is not limited. Predator Kontiki. It does give the watch that 1970s look and feel, but it might be the case that the whole package will be quite heavy in the end. The polished and brushed finishing is superb and the way they combined them on the case is fantastic. Bij aankomst in het Kontiki Beach Resort deelt het attente team tropische kokosnoten uit mét rietje. The Super KonTiki Chronograph uses the same case design as its vintage predecessors from the 60’s and 70s. This screw-down caseback has a sapphire crystal, as shown on earlier pictures. However, I can’t be sure on this without having tried it in person. Before I start with the Eterna Super KonTiki Chronograph review, a few words on the company first. While the Eterna Super KonTiki Chronograph is very much a high end luxury item, I feel I can put it in the value category. I know some may be thinking by now, did he not discuss the dial? Learn how your comment data is processed. I have fairly large wrists, but was surprised to learn that the Eterna Super KonTiki Chronograph measures 45mm in diameter. Predator Electric Kontiki.Best price only at Fishing Direct NZ! I happen to find the website and the press release a tad bit ‘unclear’ when it comes to product overviews. According to the Eterna press material, the rubber bracelet versions are more expensive than the milanese bracelet versions. Eterna has a long history that goes all the way back to 1856. It all feels high quality. The case has this typical 1970s cushion shape which I really like. There was even a re-edition of the very first 1958 model, with the same style elements. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. The brushed buckle has the Eterna logo again and has polished bevels. Appropriately productivate low- risk high-yield infrastructures without parallel deliverables. The fact is, that is a huge chunk of change and in that price range of luxury watches, there are countless options. It is under Special Editions. So the sunburst will give that nice effect on the dial. ETA became part of what we know today as Swatch Group. Beoordelingen. The Eterna caliber 3916A movement. We are looking for sponsors for our upcoming predator kontikis fishing tournament we had great sponsors last year which made the tournament a great success.More sponsors the more prizes so if you want to sponsor or know of anyone who might give me a … Spencer Rappaport October 12, 2016, 12:48 pm. The winding and setting crown is screw-down, of course. A divisive design flashes Raketa's aesthetic ambition, fusing it with unusual materials... Fratello × Oris Big Crown Bronze Pointer Date With Oxblood Dial, Raketa Leopard 24 Watch Uses Genuine Submarine Steel For Bezel, Create one here, it'll only take 20 seconds. Dat betekent straks een duik zó vanuit de kamer. Competently generate client-based metrics vis-a-vis multidisciplinary action items. The watch is water resistant up to 20Bar (~200 meters). Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. 9. amazing. Complete with the 54lb thrust Auto Nav Predator kontiki, Predator winch, batteries, charger, 2100m mainline, 26 … As a matter of fact, I feel it is exactly just the right amount of slack left over, any less and it would not look or feel right. If you are reading this review, I am pretty sure you read other review sites as well (Don’t worry, it’s okay). This means if you have the same size wrist as I do, or less, you should not have any issues. Veel geslaagder is de keuze om het machismo van het origineel te benaderen, door een groep testosteronbonken bijeen te brengen en hen op elkaar te laten vitten. However, it wasn’t called Eterna until 1905 (but Dr. Girard & Schild, after its founders). That is relatively big, but somehow it wears smaller and is actually quite comfortable on the wrist. I received a prototype watch, but as you can see, the caseback reads Limited Edition. Category: Predator Kontiki Business Details Only if you are willing to think beyond the usual suspects you will find interesting watches in this price range, some times even cheaper. Bekijk alle reviews en foto's, vergelijk aanbieders en boek je vakantie. My other gripe is that the molded rubber strap is too short. With the flyback chronograph, you can reset and restart the timing without having to interfere with an extra push on the start button. It is a throwback to an innovative time where dive watches were new and intriguing, it is amazingly finished throughout and it evokes that vintage theme, while being modern at the same time. Fishing the easy way with the Predator Kontiki I found the power reserve was more around 58 hours than 65, as the specifications state. But it is not super common either. When it comes to spending $4700 on a wristwatch, this is not a decision most watch enthusiasts take lightly. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Your one-stop shop for kontiki predator, traceboard, accessory case, motorised winch, etc. This is a mans time piece. Eterna didn’t use the name KonTiki (without the hyphen) until 1958. The fact is, that is a huge chunk of change and in that price range of luxury watches, there are countless options. Our kontiki will handle most beach conditions, so you can use it on calm days and in rougher seas. Best known is their Eterna-matic movement, which resulted in the Eterna logo with its five ball bearings. 532 likes. And if that is what you really want to know about the Eterna SuperKontiki Chronograph, just keep reading. The Kon Tiki expedition took place in 1947, and the explorers wore Eterna watches. I know it is vintage inspired and that many like mesh bracelets, (I admittedly am not one of them), but I think this could have really stood out even more on a custom made bracelet. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. As you can see, I have the rubber strap version (there is also a Milanese bracelet as an option) and that helps making it comfortable. Reserve a table at Kontiki, Manama on Tripadvisor: See 31 unbiased reviews of Kontiki, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #177 of 707 restaurants in Manama. Kontiki, Wellington: See 175 unbiased reviews of Kontiki, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #10 of 148 restaurants in Wellington. Dive watch bezels do not need to be lumed with the exception of the pip, as that is more of a gimmick in my opinion, but premium materials is what you expect in a luxury item. Predator's biggest and best self steering kontiki manual hand reel package. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Great review as always Don. (You can scratch ceramic and sapphire of course, but it takes some doing). I have a 7 1/2 inch wrist and I am in the third hole, and there is not much strap left over to go into the keepers. If it is not an in house movement, it should at least be heavily modified, and not just off the shelf. More Reviews by Chris Coke. Accuracy on my particular example has been a consistent +4 seconds, over a 4 day period. Upon further analysis they decided to not to release it as such. If you are familiar with the Eterna KonTiki, you know the name is pretty iconic a this point. super kontiki automatic date 45 mm Eterna supplied the Heritage Super KonTiki 1973 with a very authentic vintage-style mesh metal bracelet which is… well, difficult to size.