– Is it worth the extra money for the HP704 over the previous model? – The top lid of the piano opens up to be a propped up position which allows the internal speakers to also project the sound out of the top of the piano as well as through other speaker positions. Yes, we think it is because the upgrades to the cabinet, control panel redesign, new internal speaker system, and the interactive app with new impressive features makes this piano a good buy, especially as compared to the  the lower priced HP702. – The cabinet on this model is noticeably taller by a few inches, better looking with more upscale designer cabinet which we like very much and it comes in some attractive colors and finishes. The comments and content in our reviews and website is our own opinions based on our personal experience with each product and subject. We love to talk about Pianos! Copyright 2009-2020. They can do a minor “refresh” or a major “upgrade” of previous models and also introduce new models they never had before with brand new technology. LOWER DISCOUNT PRICES THAN AMAZON OR INTERNET - PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE YOU BUY ANYWHERE! We play famous brand acoustic grand and upright pianos often and we know what real pianos sound like and the LX705 doesn’t sound like any good acoustic piano I have ever played and we are sorry to say that because we had high hopes for the LX705 but were very disappointed. We hope that Roland will improve the “pure acoustic modeling” piano sound chip in this new LX700 series so that we can enjoy the piano playing experience we get out of it. HP stands for home piano, and LX means luxury. – All the other digital functions & features of the older discontinued model are the same as this new HP704 which makes the 2 piano pretty close in how they play and what they do. So there is a noticeable difference in that way. With authentic hammer action and escapement, the LX705 … AZ PIANO REVIEWS -The #1 Most Trusted Digital Piano Review & News Blog in the world! For the price you would pay for this model we expect it to sound great every time you play it using the factory default piano settings and based on our experience with the LX705 it doesn’t even sound as good as the lower priced HP704 in our opinion. I would actually prefer having the older discontinued mode HP601 with the better key action but since there are likely no more of that model remaining, then the HP702 is still a good one and you can certainly enjoy it. We will tell you in this review some very important things to know in making the right buying decision when looking at these new digital pianos. Lp Lojze. – The LX705 has the identical PHA50 key action as in the previous model and also in the new HP704 below it, so there are no changes that way which is fine. Fair Deal Music. For me, LX705 has an attractive appearance but also has the concern above. This is a unique cabinet/speaker feature and it works well. I write the Best, most detailed Digital Piano Reviews in the World and can offer LOWER PRICES too! Feedback for Roland LX705-PE Piano has been compiled from 1 customer reviews. While it has fewer speakers than the LX708 and LX706, the LX705’s Acoustic Projection System still offers ample power and punch for most musical scenarios, thanks to a two-way, four-speaker layout … disappointing in our opinion when it comes to sounding like a real piano because it doesn’t, and in fact the sound is so artificial to us we almost couldn’t believe it. When playing the piano and using both piano selections, neither one sounded real coming out of the LX705 internal speaker system, It sounded a bit better when we played it listening through a good pair of stereo headphones but even then it was very artificial sounding…and we didn’t like it regardless of what setting we were using. There are 2 different piano recreations of 2 acoustic grand pianos in the LX705 whereas the other physical modeling piano sound chip in the HP702/HP704 has one grand piano recreation. PRIVATE FACTORY SALE with HUGE Discount Price on a new 30" deep Samick SG120 Digital Micro Grand Piano in POLISHED Finishes! But here’s the SECRET you won’t know unless you thoroughly play the LX705 in person and you know what a real grand piano is supposed to sound like…the new sound chip is very disappointing in our opinion when it comes to sounding like a real piano because it doesn’t, and in fact the sound is so artificial to us we almost couldn’t believe it. Read this new report for important information! – The bench that comes with this model is a height adjustable “grand piano” style bench instead of the standard height duet size bench that comes with the other models. So you will need to decide if this LX706 piano works for you based on what it offers in its price range. Where the differences come is longer piano keys giving you a better, more realistic key action, a fuller sounding internal speaker system, and an upscale designer cabinet which is taller and has more cabinet features in it. They took that better key action out and unless you look carefully you may not know that. I have used them professionally and in my home studio so I like them and have high expectations of them. When I play a digital piano for the first time, I don't try to use any "tricks" or change any editing parameters to try and make the piano sound better or different...I just want to see how the piano sounds when you first power it on...just playing it as a piano with the default settings. However, unfortunately the artificial nature of the piano sound was no different in this model than compared to the LX706 and LX705…they were all the same because they all had that identical “Pure Acoustic Modeling” sound chip in them and that’s what we did not like. Let us know your thoughts on a product or view reviews from our members, independent experts and other websites. This is an incredible, inspirational instrument that will galvanise you to play better and more often. Introducing the Roland LX705. What makes this piano “better” than the LX705 is 3 basic reasons which is key action, cabinet, and internal speaker system. Conclusion – The LX702 has some good improvements on this model which is nice, but they are at the expense of the key action, and in our opinion the piano key action is the #1 thing that people look for in any piano whether it be an acoustic piano or digital piano. To summarise: WOW! Finally, last but certainly not least, we want to bring to your attention another and even more impressive line of “upright style 2020 digital pianos, in our opinion, which are by the famous Kawai Piano company. The Roland LX705 is the most affordable in the LX700 series, but still includes an array of great features you find in the higher end models. Roland LX705 Digital Home Piano Charcoal Black. – The LX705 has new special environmental effects called “Pure Acoustic Ambience” & “My Stage.” Both of these features are extensive and involved in terms in allowing you to edit and “adjust” the 2 built-in piano models in number of ways. I didn't feel a so large difference beetween the keyboards too. Roland LX706 – approx $5000 store discount price | The next model up in these Roland home pianos is called the LX706 and it replaces the former LX7 which is now discontinued. Do you have any recommendations for the best settings. While the most demanding pianists investigate the flagship LX708 and mid-priced LX706 models, budget-conscious musicians will be impressed by the LX705, which retains … The PHA-50 Keyboard and Progressive Damper Action Pedals offer incredible playability whilst you enjoy Authentic Acoustic Tone thanks to Roland… With authentic hammer action and escapement, the LX705 … HP704 … The LX706 and LX708 have the all new Roland " Hybrid Grand" keyboard key action (still with 3 key sensors per key and the simulated "ivory/ebony" key tops) but with longer keys in it as I mentioned earlier. In top name acoustic grand pianos, there is a also a standard "key weight measurement" used by qualified piano technicians to adjust and or set the force needed by the keys to play and move up & down properly. Yes, we think it is because the upgrades to the cabinet, control panel redesign, new internal speaker system, and the interactive app with new impressive features makes this piano a good buy, especially as compared to the  the lower priced HP702. Conclusion – The LX706 is really the exact same piano as the LX705, especially if you would be using headphones in terms of piano sound and digital features. Want a new digital piano for the holidays? Roland HP704 – approx $3200 store discount price – The next model up is the new HP704 which replaces the previous HP603A. Another issue with the LX series that I immediately noticed when playing them is that there was, in my opinion, a "stretched tuning" problem which was especially evident to me with the 2 "American" piano sounds which made some note intervals sound noticeably "out of tune" with each other. Click on the picture for my review. Where the differences come is longer piano keys giving you a better, more realistic key action, a fuller sounding internal speaker system, and an upscale designer cabinet which is taller and has more cabinet features in it. Post a review… MacMacMac #2808454 01 ... Roland LX705 or HP603 - what to … – The key action is the better “hybrid PHA50” upgraded action and the sound chip is the same as is in the HP702 which is the physical modeling piano technology. Now that you have learned our conclusion on the new models of Roland pianos including the HP702, HP704, LX705, LX706, and LX708 as well as the baby grand models GP607, and GP609, if you want very detailed information on each model then we advise that you read our in-depth review on our other blogsite called AZ Piano Reviews because that is where we keep our larger deeper product reviews and analysis for these models and many others. But the piano sound is still the same in terms of the way the tone seems to be very artificial, especially to our ears so we much prefer the previous LX7 model that’s now discontinued, even though the key action in the LX706 was redesigned and can play with a bit more natural movement. – The internal speaker system is more powerful and it has more speakers than the LX705 including some big bass speakers that give this model a much fuller, deeper tone. Is it worth the extra money over the LX705…maybe but only if the upgrades that we just mention matter to you. The Roland company has been well known for decades in producing innovative and exciting pro and home music products. ), - COMPARISON REVIEW of new name brand digital pianos priced between $3000-$7500. We have looked at most of the Roland digital pianos that are on the market and have come up with the best 3 of them. The top 10 digital pianos offering the best "biggest bang for the buck" in 2020. Both the GP607 and GP609 are impressive digital piano models and they look great in any home or venue. Roland LX705 Digital Upright Piano - Dark Rosewood. The new HP704 is what I would consider to be the best buy in this new lineup of models because as compared to the HP702, it has some important good improvements over the HP702 and the previous model that cause it to be considerably more money and these are important things to know. Powered by. The previous model HP603A also had the same key action and piano sound chip as this new HP704 so there were no changes there. Roland HP702-HP704-LX705-LX706-LX708 | REVIEW | Digital Pianos. – The new “Piano Every Day” app takes the place of the previous Piano Partner 2 app and this not only is a big improvement in interactive student lessons, but like the HP702, there are literally hundreds of great songs and lessons in the piano which you can use for some fun interactive training along with visible music notation from the app as seen from your color touch screen in your tablet which can also be wirelessley connected with Bluetooth MIDI connection, – This model also has the new OLED display screen technology which makes it easier to see the user display screen as compared to the previous model so that a good change. But it is still a better key action playing experience than with the models that have the PHA50 key action, and that’s why Roland put this new key action into the LX706…to make it play better with regard to key touch. Roland LX708 | $5999 store discount price matte finish, $6699 polished ebony | This is Roland’s top-of-the-line upright style digital piano and the next model up from the LX706 and it replaces the prior LX17. Both the GP607 and GP609 are impressive digital piano models and they look great in any home or venue. AZ Piano Reviews Blog by Tim Praskins. I’m looking for a digi piano for my 6yo and like LX705 and HP704. Unfortunately since these new Roland pianos are not sold on the internet in USA and only in local stores, you would need to go into an authorized Roland store to actually see and play one of these models. It packs the digital prowess of the SuperNATURAL modelling engine housing 307 different tones from two grand piano voicings – European and American - and a variety of strings and organs. That, in a nutshell is the main difference between the HP605 and the LX7. Top "Digital Grand … Again, we hope that Roland will come out with a big improvement on their piano software for this model so that we can recommend it. – The LX708 has the identical digital piano features and functions that are in the LX706 including the same Piano Every day App for tablet. Black Friday Digital Pianos | 2020| LOWER PRICES. Thank you", 10 Most Popular Digital Pianos | REVIEW | $500-$10,000 | 2020, 2 Best Digital Pianos Under $1000 | REVIEW | Casio PX-870 | 2020, 5 Best Digital Grand Pianos | REVIEW | $5000 to $17000 | 2020. Roland LX705 – approx $3800 store discount price – The next model up from the HP704 is called the LX705 and is the first model in the LX in the “LX series” because of mainly 2 reasons: the piano sound chip and the cabinet design. In the case of these new Roland pianos, depending on the model, there have been some smaller improvements along with bigger upgrades to key actions, cabinet design, internal sound systems, digital functionality, and also new educational apps to help with educational learning and having more fun playing music. LOWER PRICES than Amazon and internet music stores! While the most demanding pianists investigate the flagship LX708 and mid-priced LX706 models, budget-conscious musicians will be impressed by the LX705, which retains … Roland computerized pianos can fill an assortment of needs from guidance to recording to execution. Again, we hope that Roland will come out with a big improvement on their piano software for this model so that we can recommend it. When you look at the new LX series including the LX705, LX706, and LX708, those three models have a new "upgraded" piano sound chip which the other Roland pianos do not have. The difference would be in the key-action, and that is a major difference. That's why when I see and hear stuff that is a negative issue for me, especially on these digital pianos, it disappoints me that Roland did not do a better job given their abilities in the. – The 4 acoustic piano sounds in the LX706 are exactly the same as the LX705 which means there is no difference in the realism of the piano sound chip as compared to the LX705. In other words, the key action authenticity got dropped down significantly and the newer “better” piano sound-chip got added. In other words if you purchase a GP607 or GP609 mini or full size baby grand piano, essentially you would be spending a lot more money and buying a HP704 in a grand piano cabinet with bigger speaker system. But that’s OK if you like these digital mini and full baby grand models. In some cases we were able to make the 2 piano sounds come out in a more realistic way but it took so much work to do it that we don’t believe the average person owning this piano will want to take all the time and trouble to “mess around” with the piano sound to try to make it better. This is the entry level model in the LX700 line. –  The external cabinet design of the LX705 is different and impressive and looks even more like a real piano as compared to the HP704, so when it comes to cabinet there is a noticeable difference in that way. Another unique feature worth mentioning, which is part of the key action response in the LX708, is called "Haptic key vibrations" and is offered only on the LX708. But the piano sound is still the same in terms of the way the tone seems to be very artificial, especially to our ears so we much prefer the previous LX7 model that’s now discontinued, even though the key action in the LX706 was redesigned and can play with a bit more natural movement. While the most demanding pianists investigate the flagship LX708 and mid-priced LX706 models, budget-conscious musicians will be impressed by the LX705, which retains … But the improvement in sound really lies with this model having 2 more power amps and slightly larger dome tweeter speakers than the previous model HP605 along with two 10" bass speakers added in as opposed to the LX705 having no bass speakers. However, since everyone’s ears and hearing are unique and we all hear things differently, you make like the piano sound on this LX705 model and if so, then if you like everything else about perhaps you should consider buying this model. The piano looks very similar to the next model up HP704 but don’t let that fool you. It seems too steep to keep scores and also too close to playing hands, even if comparing with acoustic upright pianos. Roland HP702 – approx $2200 store discount price –  This model has replaced the previous HP601 so you would think Roland might do upgrades in the new HP702. Is it worth the extra money over the LX705…maybe but only if the upgrades that we just mention matter to you. hallo which Steinway model is in Roland lx706. When playing the piano and using both piano selections, neither one sounded real coming out of the LX705 internal speaker system, It sounded a bit better when we played it listening through a good pair of stereo headphones but even then it was very artificial sounding…and we didn’t like it regardless of what setting we were using. The least expensive model is the HP702 which replaces the previous HP601 and is an interesting piano for Roland because it has the "Standard" piano style key action from the lower priced Roland RP501 piano ($1499 internet discount price) combined with the newer Physical Modeling piano sound technology of the HP pianos. "Roland Piano Masterpieces" AC adaptor Power cord Headphone hook Option (sold separately) Headphones Size (including piano stand) Width 1,383 mm 54-1/2 inches Depth 468 mm 18-7/16 inches Height 1,038 mm 40-7/8 inches Weight (including piano stand) LX705-PE 76.1 kg 167 lbs 13 oz LX705-CH, LX705-CHL, LX705-DR, LX705 … The piano sound in the Roland home pianos is unique as compared to other brands in that these Roland pianos use "Physical Modeling" technology. – The audio power speaker system is the same as before and they did not improve it which was a disappointment to me. There are 2 different piano recreations of 2 acoustic grand pianos in the LX705 whereas the other physical modeling piano sound chip in the HP702/HP704 has one grand piano recreation. Conclusion – We don’t recommend it at this point, not because it doesn’t look good (it looks great) and it has all those cool features that we mentioned before. However, since everyone’s ears and hearing are unique and we all hear things differently, you make like the piano sound on this LX705 model and if so, then if you like everything else about perhaps you should consider buying this model. - 6 Digital Piano Shopping Secrets Revealed! I'll start out with a brief comparison summary of the major differences in these models to simplify things a bit. – The LX708 is identical in every way to the LX706 with the exceptions of cabinet and speaker system. It even approaches the likes of the finest Steinway or Bosendorfer Grands, or a freshly tuned Bluthner upri… Roland LX705 (Light Oak) Superior piano tone with four-speaker system in the LX700 series’ most affordable model It needn’t cost the earth to enjoy the thrilling performance of an acoustic grand piano at home. Roland HP702, HP704, LX705, LX706, & LX708 digital pianos | REVIEW | 5 Models | for  2020 | The Roland home digital piano lineup includes 5 new models from approx $2000 to $7000 along with 2 digital baby grand models from approx $6000 to $10,000 called GP607 and GP609, but those 2 models came out about 3 years ago so we’re just focusing here on the newer upright style models. There is also something called "polyphony" which is a feature specification in all digital pianos. – The key action on this model has been upgraded from all of the other Roland pianos below it and that key action is called “Hybrid Grand Keyboard.” The difference between this new action and the other PHA50 hybrid action is that the key is long in the LX706. tim@azpianowholesale.com or 602-571-1864, Hi. So it looks great and has added design features in the cabinet which gives it more elegance such as the why the key cover closes in a traditional grand piano cover design with a slow-close mechanism. – The internal speaker system has been vastly upgraded with new speaker and amplifier systems which Roland calls “acoustic projection” to give the piano sound a much richer and fuller tone than the previous model and it is noticeable, so this was a great improvement. - Seniors should play piano for increased wellness. Date Product Score Customer Comment; 27-Mar-2019: Roland LX705-PE Piano: … A built-in LED screen provides a clear settings overview, as well as the ability to select one of 10 temperaments and a range of ambient effects. It is said to replace the older HP605. Click on the picture and read these IMPORTANT SHOPPING TIPS before you buy any Digital Piano from Anybody! All models have the imitation ivory-feel and ebony-feel keytops to give a smooth ivory and ebony like finish to the black & white keys which not only looks good, it can also help with absorbing sweat/perspiration from the fingers. 5 Best Digital Grand Pianos for 2020 – Review 5 Best Digital Grand Pianos | REVIEW | $5000 to $17,000 | for 2020 | Yamaha N3X, Roland GP609, Yamaha CLP-765GP, Samick SG500, and Yamaha CLP-795GP. – They put their newer physical modeling sound chip with unlimited piano polyphony in the new HP702 and took out their previous sampled recording sound chip that was in the previous HP601. – The special effects “Pure Acoustic Ambience & “My Stage” are identical to the LX705 and although the effects are cool, this does not offer a good solution to producing a better piano playing sound experience in the LX706. But what’s interesting about the HP702 is that Roland did some things that doesn’t necessary make sense to me but at the same time made some good improvements. The LX708 default-sound looks more similar to the "other piano sounds" in my GP607. – The LX708 has the exact same key action as in the LX706. to the new HP704 in every way except for cabinet design and user interface, internal speaker system, the interactive tablet app, and one audio player function. The 2 basic reasons why you would want this model over the LX706 is because of cabinet design, appearance, and internal speaker system. 3 Best Roland Digital Pianos Review Roland … We much prefer the previous LX17 model for that reason even though the key action on the LX708 has been upgraded and is noticeably more realistic, as I mentioned earlier. Roland Digital Piano Review. Designed & Developed By DecoraSoft. Also, Roland LX706, LX705, HP704, HP702, GP607, and GP609 is in the same review. Roland HP702, HP704, LX705, LX706, LX708 Digital Pianos | REVIEW, Roland GP607 & GP609 Digital Grand Pianos, Roland 700 series digital piano comparison chart. Roland LX705 Digital Piano. £2,111.00. Just so you know, I am a big fan of Roland music products and have been for many years. Conclusion – Is it worth the extra money for the HP704 over the previous model? – The cabinet design, control panel button design, and construction has been noticeably improved and it looks more like a piano now and comes in some new, attractive cabinet colors. An advantage of this brand is the choice accessible for each player’s needs. Reviews. The HP702 typically sells in Roland stores at a discount price of around $2200 based on our experience with this model. Casio Digital Pianos | REVIEW | 18 Models | Lower Prices Here! However, if you would be using headphones most of the time as some people do then the piano sound on both the H{702 and HP704 would be identical. HP vs LX. In other words if you purchase a GP607 or GP609 mini or full size baby grand piano, essentially you would be spending a lot more money and buying a HP704 in a grand piano cabinet with bigger speaker system. The 3′ deep GP607 and 5′ deep GP609 Roland digital grand pianos are identical to the new HP704 in every way except for cabinet design and user interface, internal speaker system, the interactive tablet app, and one audio player function. Roland's 88-note PHA-50 keyboard combines wood and molded materials for superior feel and durability, enhancing the sensation that you're playing a fine acoustic grand piano. The HP702 typically sells in Roland stores at a discount price of around $2200 based on our experience with this model. The specific Kawai digital pianos that we recommend are their “Concert Artist” series CA49, CA59, CA79, and CA99 which are in the same price range as these new Roland digital pianos. No sales tax, free shipping, full factory warranty, bench, $500 MIDI music library. – This new model has a brand new piano sound chip that Roland developed called “Pure Acoustic Modeling” which is supposed to be an improvement over the other physical modeling sound chip used in the HP series and all the previous models. They took that better key action out and unless you look carefully you may not know that. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. "Professor Tim" and hear his personal introduction to this site. Roland also has two more models that are the grand piano versions called GP607 (approx $6000 store discount price) and GP609 (approx $10,000 store discount price). We play famous brand acoustic grand and upright pianos often and we know what real pianos sound like and the LX705 doesn’t sound like any good acoustic piano I have ever played and we are sorry to say that because we had high hopes for the LX705 but were very disappointed. Conclusion – The LX708 is identical in every way to the LX706 with the exceptions of cabinet and speaker system. Yamaha Clavinova Digital Pianos | REVIEW | 11 Models Comparison, Kawai Digital Pianos | REVIEW | $700-$10,000 | 17 Models | Update, Korg Digital Pianos | REVIEW | 6 models under $1000 to $2000. Free ship, no tax on most items. – The cabinet and control panel is much more attractive with better design, a taller cabinet giving it more presence, and it just looks more like real piano. Is it Steinway model M or Roland digital grand piano V? Roland LX705-PE Piano review. The older model HP603A  sold at discount price for about $2700 and this new HP704 sells for about $3000 at store discount price based on our experience with it. I agree this review; I am only an amateur. The LX17 sounds 100 times better than any acoustic piano in the same price range. Now that you have learned our conclusion on the new models of Roland pianos including the HP702, HP704, LX705, LX706, and LX708 as well as the baby grand models GP607, and GP609, if you want very detailed information on each model then we advise that you read our in-depth review on our other blogsite called AZ Piano Reviews because that is where we keep our larger deeper product reviews and analysis for these models and many others. It’s because we do not like the piano sound coming out of this model, it just sounds way to artificial to us and not enjoyable…at least to our “piano trained” ears. – The LCD display screen is now an OLED technology which makes it much clearer and easier to read and a very nice improvement. The difference would be in the key-action, and that is a major difference. But that’s OK if you like these digital mini and full baby grand models. My concern on 705 is the music rest. Roland has always been known as an innovator when it comes to digital music products and their new pianos are no exception.