Read this book using Google Play Books app on your PC, android, iOS devices. It just seems inconsistent with the three giant books of (seemingly meaningless) struggle. The worlds created are amazing, the technology is fascinating. Tad Williams (DAW Books) This stunning finale to the gigantic Otherland tetralogy (City of Golden Shadow, etc. Added to that, there is real pace in the story. :D This was hinted at and heavily set up in the previous book with the gang encountering the 'Other' directly for the first as well being scattered to a mountain top! But it is clear that the objective of the author (and the editor/publisher) was to create a large series (measured by the heft of the books and the number. [I do think that data beings at the end with Sellars entire mea culpa are, although interesting in light of the ethical issues brought up in the book, not needed. I'm not really sure I would have stuck with it had the series not come highly recommended, but I'm extremely glad I fought my initial instinct. I started a topic that got pretty long many years back about fantasy series that ended somewhere between well and spectacular. The finale to the Otherland series, Sea of Silver Light wraps up the multitude of story lines that began in City of Golden Shadow. Last one. Free shipping . the near future aspect of the story is also wonderful and haunting. Sea of Silver Light (Otherland, Book 4) - Mass Market Paperback - VERY GOOD. Free shipping . As happens with long series, I kept reading out of curiosity for what happens with book 1 characters while not caring about characters introduced later and finding time spent with a few of the later characters to be an annoying distraction. What listeners say about Sea of Silver Light. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. His considerable output of epic fantasy and science fiction book-series, stories of all kinds, urban fantasy novels, comics, scripts, etc., have strongly influenced a generation of writers: the ‘Otherland’ epic relaunches June 2018 as an MMO on steam.com. Did you know that the original title of this book was "Tad Williams Kicks You in the Teeth"? I also found several parts of the ending really very moving. I already owned the second book when I started reading the first, and it seemed insane not to read it if I already owned it. Otherland: Sea of Silver Light - Ebook written by Tad Williams. Das sagen andere Hörer zu Sea of Silver Light. It wasn't terrible, it just wore out its welcome. Tad is currently immersed in the creation of ‘The Last King of Osten Ard’, planned as a trilogy with two intermediary novels. Almost 4000 pages in this series, but it was never boring. Sea of Silver Light is the fourth and final installment of Tad Williams' Otherland series. 300 pages of overwritten, tripish, hyper-explained and muddled plot through bizarre fantasy worlds that just seem to be there for the author’s enjoyment really pissed me off, and I’m throwing in the towel, feeling like I’ve wasted the last month of my life reading a story that I’ve not come to care about in any gorram way. There were a few slow points in the middle, but overall the character development, the vernacular and culture invented, and the plot all combined together for a worthwhile read. Tad Williams, you’re my least favorite fantasy author. Otherland: Sea of Silver Light. It wasn't terrible, it just wore out its welcome. Tad Williams is truly an incredible writer. there was so much detail, so many characters and plot lines to follow but he did a beautiful job weaving everything together. Welcome back. A group of adventurers searching for a cure for comatose children find themselves trapped in a sequence of virtual worlds, the only opponents of a conspiracy of the rich to live forever in a dream. Sea of Silver Light (2001) by Tad Williams. i LOVED this book. Sea of Silver Light is a science fiction novel by American writer Tad Williams, the fourth and final book in his Otherland series. OverDrive Listen audiobook. any spare moment i had the book was in my hand. Sea of Silver Light is a science fiction novel by American writer Tad Williams, the fourth and final book in his Otherland series. A group of adventurers searching for a cure for comatose children find themselves trapped in a sequence of virtual worlds, the only opponents of a conspiracy of the rich to live forever in a dream. And with the final volume, Williams loses me. any spare moment i had the book was in my hand. :D Understandably this gives and sets a number of big challenges for this book and sets you wondering as to what the characters are going to be put through as the book progresses as the size of the book hints at big things which certainly keep popping up! 9781841490649. i dreamed about the books, i thought about the characters, i felt a part of the adventure. While the book dragged in places, and some may find that the book (and the series, especially in the middle books) wanders a bit too much, it is hard not to appreciate Tad … Booktopia has Sea of Silver Light, Otherland : Book 4 by Tad Williams. Title: Sea of Silver Light Title Record # 3194 Author: Tad Williams Date: 2001-00-00 Type: NOVEL Series: Otherland Series Number: 4 Webpages: Wikipedia-EN Language: English User Rating: None.Including variants and translations: 9.00 (1 vote) Your … He has created a real super villain in the form of John Dread, but not in a stereotyped way. It concludes the saga begun in City of Golden Shadow, taking the characters through a world being born around them as they face off against Dread and the being known as the Other. And with the final volume, Williams loses me. I was hoping they would improve, and I wanted to know how the whole series ended. :D Understandably this gives and sets a number of big challenges for this book and sets you wondering as to what the characters are going to be put through as the book progresses as the size, Sea of Silver Light is the next book in the series and has our characters finally getting to grips with their opposition and overcoming them! it was as complex as life itself and really brought to light how our own lives our stories that we weave together. What other reviewers might comment upon slows down the story I feel actually makes the book. It sort of killed the whole story for me. I have so many issues with this book, but ultimately it all boils down to this: No matter how many times I read this (or this, fifth time, listen to it on audiobook) I still fall so hard for this book, and this series, that it's an emotional pain when I get to the end. i just can't say enough about this series. by DAW Hardcover. It's an engrossing tale, told with thorough attention to detail; the only reliable factor throughout the story is the human emotion of those caught within and involved with Otherland. His genre-creating (and genre-busting) books have sold tens of millions worldwide, in twenty-five languages. Page 896, Vol IV of Otherland. Sea of Silver Light is a hefty 1,066 pages long -- forming the fourth and final part of a truly epic tale that interweaves reality and science-fantasy into a bizarre and bewildering multi-dimensional existence. Sea of Silver Light: Otherland Book 4 . Last one . Otherland sucks. In my case, a few of my pet hunches panned out, but many others were way off the mark, and in most instances, I didn't even hazard a guess. Sea of Silver Light: 4 (Otherland) by Williams, Tad Book The Fast Free Shipping. Well, I got to the end of the first one and was infuriated by how little I knew about what was really going on. 300 pages of overwritten, tripish, hyper-explained and muddled plot through bizarre fantasy worlds that just seem to be there for the author’s enjoyment really pissed me off, and I’m throwing in the towel, feeling like I’ve wasted the last month of my life reading a story that I’ve not come to care about in any gorram way. Added to that, there is real pace in the story. Sea of Silver Light (Otherland, Book 4) Mass Market Paperback – Illustrated, April 1, 2002. by Tad Williams (Author) 4.6 out of 5 stars 196 ratings. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sea_of_Silver_Light&oldid=910551582, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 12 August 2019, at 21:14. The least interesting character ended up being the hinge point of the entir. So, why did I read all four of these if I hated the first one so much? The least interesting character ended up being the hinge point of the entire plot (which really went off the rails). 4.5 out of 5 stars 4.3 out of 5 5 Stars 4 4 Stars 2 3 Stars 0 2 Stars 1 1 Stars 0 Performance. The four books of this series took me most of the last 6 months as I honestly found them somewhat of a slog at the beginning. Sea of Silver Light by Tad Williams starting at $0.99. Free shipping . At last we have come to the end of our journey, when all will be explained and all will be resolved. Tad Williams amazes you by his ability to bring together all the ingredients of the previous three books and then tie them up very neatly indeed! George Newbern - Narrator. as he says in the forward to the second book- this is actually one very long book written into four books. By Tad Williams Read by George Newbern. In my case, a few of my pet hunches panned out, but many others were way off the mark, and in most instances, I didn't even hazard a guess. Otherland is the first fantasy series that I've finished this year (I've read a few other book #1s with no intention of continuing, including Tad William's own slogfest MS&T). these books were thought provoking and totally engrossed me. The teenage netslang was a bit off sometimes, but that's not why I gave the last book of the Otherland series 4 stars - it's the ending. The ending was good, a proper closing for so much material. Free shipping. @tadwilliams @mrstad, “After all, is it not the way we humans shape the universe, shape time itself? Now, they are forced to make an uneasy alliance with … The morning sun shines down on the sea, a silver light on the breaking waves , it blinds the young woman sitting on her bed in a dark room . His considerable output of epic fantasy and science fiction book-series, stories of all kinds, urban fantasy novels, comics, scripts, etc., have strongly influenced a generation of writers: the ‘Otherland’ epic relaunches June 2018 as an, Tad Williams is a California-based fantasy superstar. He, his family and his animals live in the Santa Cruz mountains in a suitably strange and beautiful house. Compelling characters and a plotline that could be the envy of any writer. His genre-creating (and genre-busting) books have sold tens of millions worldwide, in twenty-five languages. This final volume, at just over a thousand pages, required even more of an arduous effort than any of its predecessors in the series, and though there were certain high points along the way, the overall impression I had was an overwhelmingly tepid one. The book was published in multiple languages including , consists of 688 pages and is available in Hardcover format. i am totally overtaken and will be thinking of these characters and the stories for a long time to come. It didn't turn out to be a very long list. Average Customer Ratings. 4 By Tad Williams. Free shipping . 4.7 • 44 valoraciones; $8.99; $8.99; Descripción de la editorial. 1 Star - I hated it 2 Stars - I didn't like it 3 Stars - It was OK 4 Stars - I liked it 5 Stars - I loved it. Renie wondered if her own sim face would register a guilty flush. i read the first one completely by chance and as soon as i finished it i had to immediately order the other three. "Sea of Silver Light", wraps everything up nicely, but not hurriedly, and not without enough twists to keep you guessing right up until the end. And if the physicists are right, that the physical world changes as it is observed, and we are its only known observers, then might we not be bending the entire chaotic universe, the eternal, ever-active Now, to fit that familiar form?”, “Jongleur’s eyelids slid up and he turned to regard them. Overall. There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Tad Williams amazes you by his ability to bring together all the ingredients of the previous three books and then tie them up very neatly indeed! It was published in 2001 with a paperback release in 2002.[1]. Hide other formats and editions. these books have taken over my life for the last few months. Sea of Silver Light is the next book in the series and has our characters finally getting to grips with their opposition and overcoming them! Sea of Silver Light has 3 available editions to buy at Half Price Books Marketplace Same Low Prices, Bigger Selection, More Fun :D. In "Sea of Silver Light," book four in the "Otherland" tetrology, Tad Williams wraps up his massive sci-fi saga. The first edition of the novel was published in 2001, and was written by Tad Williams. Overall. Do we not take the raw stuff of chaos and impose a beginning, middle, and end on it, like the simplest and most profound of folktales, to reflect the shapes of our own tiny lives? Where do the leaves The Otherland Series: Book 4 . I think the main problem that I had with this book was that for such a gritty, intense series, the ending seemed....too fairytale? This book, the fourth in a four-book fantasy series, is an amazing example of how a good idea can be stretched and diluted until it is no longer pleasurable to read. Bewertung. Otherland is the first fantasy series that I've finished this year (I've read a few other book #1s with no intention of continuing, including Tad William's own slogfest MS&T). He is utterly evil and we are able to see through that particular glass very darkly indeed in this story. Best books I've read in a good while. See all formats and editions. I feel let down, pissed off, and REALLY glad that I only bought two of the books at full price. April 10th 2001 Read "Sea of Silver Light Otherland Book 4" by Tad Williams available from Rakuten Kobo. $13.65. Price. Fun fact! Otherland isn't going on it. Read Sea Of Silver Light Page 18 Online Read Free Novel - Read Light Novel,onlinereadfreenovel.com About Otherland: Sea of Silver Light A group of adventurers searching for a cure for comatose children find themselves trapped in a sequence of virtual worlds, the only opponents of a conspiracy of the rich to live forever in a dream. Tad Williams is just an amazing writer, I usually don't really enjoy SciFi but this was a great series for me! I will not read anything else that he has written, and I cannot see how so many people find this volume of the series to be so un. Okay, not really. I thought this book was a great conclusion to the series. 1: City Of Golden Shadow by Tad Williams . Otherland: Sea of Silver Light Bk. $5.05. To see what your friends thought of this book, This book, the fourth in a four-book fantasy series, is an amazing example of how a good idea can be stretched and diluted until it is no longer pleasurable to read. The ideas are interesting, the execution is fairly creative, some of the characters are competently developed, etc. With Sea of Silver Light, Tad Williams completes his massive Otherland quartet, one of SF's more intriguing explorations of the eroding boundaries of the human and the non-human, the living and the dead.Otherland is a sequence that contains many secrets, and Williams plays fair by unpacking all of them in the final book. File size: 1081179 KB. 4.5 out of 5 stars 4.7 out of 5.0 5 Stars 527 4 Stars 116 3 Stars 27 2 Stars 3 1 Stars 4 Performance. This book was a joke—his writing style beat out of me every ounce and every iotus of care that I had for any of the characters, and since I can’t find a concise summary of the ending on the Internet, I’m just going to not care at all.