Lovely rich sound, great look, and sounds nice amplified. And when you use a solid piece of Spruce, you are going to get a very broad, dynamic range. The Taylor 110ce and 110e dreadnoughts are excellent sounding guitars, as are the grand auditorium-style 114ce and 114e. They also have a warehouse for distribution to Europe in Holland, which was opened in 2011. As mentioned, this is a traditional Dreadnought design with no cutaway. It is not hard to say this is a great guitar. Fast & Free shipping on many items! The Dreadnought design is one of the most common and traditional guitar shapes. You can say that Taylor 110e sounds crystal-clear. Taylor 110E-Lh Left-Handed Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural. Get your hands on the 110e… Taylor 110e Acoustic Electric guitar, 2015, MIM MINT w/Road Runner Bag 4.5 out of 5 stars (8) 8 product ratings - Taylor 110e Acoustic Electric guitar, 2015, MIM MINT w/Road Runner Bag . Taylor has tweaked the shape and the tonewoods to produce a very powerful bottom end and a crisp mid-range. Not only to experienced musicians but also to those just beginning their musical journey. Specs:Top: Solid Sitka Spruce.Body: Laminate Walnut. Its design means that the pickup is placed behind the saddle. Only 14 frets are easily playable because of the lack of a cutaway. [QUESTION] Taylor Academy 10e or 110e for first guitar? For a long time, manufacturers thought placing their pickups under the saddle was the ideal place. As I knew first-hand in college when my heart ached on a daily basis to own one of these beauties, not everyone can afford to pay $2,000 to $3,500 for a great sounding Taylor, and so Taylor guitars responded to fit another niche market in offering great guitars for the "under $1000" crowd in these Taylor 110 Acoustic Guitar Series. But while we are singing the praises of its electrical systems, let’s not forget that this is a Taylor guitar. It's a great time to upgrade your home music studio gear with the largest selection at eBay.com. An affordable alternative for the beginning guitarist or an “extra” guitar for the seasoned player, the 110 has an extremely rich and versatile voice. The Taylor 110 is a “budget” range guitar offered by one of the most renowned acoustic guitar manufacturers in the world, Taylor Guitars. I would confidently argue there are not many better places to start than with this instrument. Micarta itself is a substance created from a variety of other materials that are known to be hard and long-lasting. $1,326.99. Taylor 114ce Vs 110ce Decision Both Taylor 110ce and Taylor 114ce are excellent guitars. There may be an authorized Taylor dealer with this instrument in stock. The body is a good size, measuring 20 inches in length and just under five inches in depth. Anyone have any opinions on how these two guitars match up? We all know the quality of the Taylor neck, and this is a good example. This bracing is a Taylor design and affects the way the top wood vibrates, giving it a much fuller voice. Personally, I would accept any full-sized Taylor gutiar as a gift, whether I was a beginner or performing pro, and for this particular model, I was able to dig up some specific comments from some other owners of both models. Taylor guitars are relatively new kids on the block in terms of guitar manufacture. But it is also not slimline enough to make it feel like an electric solid-body as some acoustics these days do. The player can get a great response with light playing and can really dig in to produce much more sound without distorting the bass, mid and treble balance from this well balanced acoustic guitar. Though the top of these series of guitars are made with solid Sitka Spruce (having the most responsiveness and sound velocity of choice top woods used), and will open up perhaps a bit with age because of the quality top wood uses, the laminated sides will limit this guitar's vintage value and it's ability to mature with age. If both the 110 and the 114 are in your price range, I'd spend some time A/B'ing them and see which one fits your style and "speaks" to you. But the strength of the strings holding the bridge down is going to restrict any movement and vibration. But then you wouldn’t expect Taylor guitars to focus on money-saving cutbacks for the sake of it. Martin is probably considered top of the list, but some would argue Taylor is only just behind. From my personal experience, as well as from what I have personally read and heard some guitar makers say, acoustic guitars that are made with all solid, quality tonewoods (instead of laminated woods) have the ability to actually improve with age and produce a deeper, fuller, more robust sound than those that are build with laminated woods. There is a black pickguard to complete what is an impressive look. So let’s forget comparison and just ask, is it good? The Taylor logo is, of course, prominent. It has a nice gentle edging all around the body and a decorative design for the soundhole. There is a basic single band EQ control, but unfortunately no built-in tuner. Here are some of the Taylor 110 specs that make it a sweet build: Player styles: From my experience, you won't get locked into any particular playing style with this axe. As a manufacturer, they now form part of a hextuple of great major acoustic guitar manufacturers, which also includes Martin, Gibson, Guild, Takamine, and Yamaha. It does not mean, however, that this guitar will degrade. But comparisons are bound to be made by potential buyers. It saves going back to buy it and finding that someone else has already bought it. Up at the top, we have a well-crafted and attractive headstock that has an Indian Rosewood overlay — again matching the natural color of the Maple to form a nice design. Taylor 110e Review – A Great Dreadnought Guitar! But it also provides exceptional dynamic range, whether you are strumming or finger-picking. About StrumViews.com  l  Affiliate Disclosure  l  Privacy Policy  l  Contact  l  TOS  I  Warranties. But if you do go and try one out take your credit card or checkbook with you. Problem solved. It has a scale length of 25.5 inches and 20 frets. It is an impressive sound plugged in, which is not always the case with acoustic-electric guitars, as we all know. And the best thing of all is the price. That is the primary source of the end product, the Sound. This one also projects quality balance tone for studio recording when miced with a quality condenser microphone. This is a guitar that you are only going to really appreciate when you actually play it. I am not sure of the thinking behind that as they are a near necessity these days. Get the best price on Taylor 110 at Guitar Center. The latter handles the manufacture of the cheaper models and the guitar cases. The neck is made from Maple and the fingerboard from African Ebony, both good quality materials. And Sitka Spruce is possibly the most used top wood today. And has been designed to make a Taylor Dreadnought that is within reach of the large number of people who are unwilling to pay for the more expensive models. $200.00 shipping. It, therefore, eliminates any potential ‘string buzz’ at the bridge position. It has a solid Sitka Spruce top with layered, or in other words laminated, Walnut back and sides. (The Taylor 110e - One of my Top Picks for Acoustic Guitars Under $1,000). I am a beginner and have been playing my dads acoustic for around 6 months and want to get my own guitar. The bridge is inhibited in its movement, which affects the vibration of the top and hence the sound. The integrated pickup system is Taylor’s ES2. Great deals on Taylor 110 In Acoustic Guitars. Guitars are very expensive in Australia so … As one would expect from a Bob Taylor quality crafted guitar, it boasts great action … This makes them less likely to react badly if you travel with them. Tusq has become a recognized and accepted alternative to a bone nut at some levels. For the back and sides, it is acceptable and certainly makes it a little more ‘roadworthy’. Because the sides and back of this Series of Taylor 110's are made from laminated wood, instead of solid wood, the guitar will be limited as to it's ability to open up with age like a fine wine, although it may be a bit more resilient to humidity changes and small bouts of neglect because laminated woods tend to be a little more durable to these kinds of fluctuations. A brilliant price point, as I said for such a quality instrument. It carries the now well-known Taylor neck profile. I know someone personally who thinks the Taylor they use is better than a D-35. On the contrary, the laminated sides can give it a resilience over the life-span of the guitar, with a little trade-off in re-sale value and maturity of tonewood sound as it ages. Due to the different design and construction, Taylor 110e and Martin DX1AE have very distinctive tones. This operates with the specially designed Taylor preamp to produce a natural sound. They were established in 1974 when Bob Taylor and two other employees bought the guitar manufacturing shop they were working in. Only the different body styles that may make one more suitable and comfortable for your playing. The non-electric version is only $50 bucks cheaper so it makes sense to get the factory installed Taylor 110 e for a nominal price increase. Though it has laminated sides and back (instead of solid tonewoods), the sound quality is nothing less than Taylor's highest standards for acoustic tonality and projection. If you’re looking for the Taylor 110 acoustic guitar, please note that the 110e … Learn more. Let’s get all of the differences out of the way first and then we’ll take a look at what actually makes the most significant difference. What some others have said about the Taylor 110 Model Series: If you are looking to find a Taylor sound for less than $1000 (in fact between $599 and $650 depending on whether you want a transducer pickup or not), this series of Taylors can be found for the lowest price at Amazon.com. re: Taylor 110e vs Martin DX1AE Posted by Ace Midnight on 10/3/17 at 7:39 am to BatonRougeBuckeye The closer they are in price, the more I lean Martin from the "investment" standpoint. Black Friday Deals Week - Save Up to 96%! If I am honest, it doesn’t carry quite as much bottom end as a Martin equivalent. For use as a secondary or utility guitar, the Taylor 100 Series shines. It is an X-bracing scalloped system adding a warmth to the depth and crispness to the highs. Additionally, Taylor's electronic version (the Taylor 110e) of this model are ideal for the stage and recording as well. Taylor 110e is much brighter. It provides that beautiful Taylor … There are some people that prefer Taylor to Martin. But the top and mids seem to be more pronounced. If you desire a much fuller bass balanced sound from your Dreadnought, you will have to invest a bit more money in the same body model (dreadnought) with solid Rosewood back and sides. Therefore the sound unplugged is going to be very good. It is a polymer but is treated at high pressure. I was back in college in the early 90s and like a lot of kid musicians in college, I had a dream of being a professional performer some day. As long as it assists in delivering a delicious sound, then all is well. The 110 (2013) is not currently offered as a standard production model. Having said that, I prefer Taylor … The answer to that is extremely good. Taylor's famous neck profile combined with a 1-11/16" nut width make it easy for developing players to form barre chords. I wanted one of these great sounding guitars since college. But once a starter or experienced player gets to grips with it, they are going to be convinced. ... New Taylor 110e-Walnut ES2 Natural Acoustic Guitar From Japan. This guitar is very versatile -serving many style players including:  contemporary, rhythm guitar playing, as well as bluegrass, flat-picking and strumming, this guitar body size, style and construction can fit well with just about any gig or style. That, for me, is quite surprising. that's how well these Taylors are built. You really won't "outgrow" this model. Your email address will not be published. . And so it is. I played some acoustic guitars at Guitar Center and finally decided to go with the Taylor 110 … The idea for this reviews site actually came out of. The 2 basic models in this 110 series are: The Taylor 110 Acoustic Guitar (also in acoustic electric version), You can get a Taylor Quality Sound for well under $800 - Standard Dreadnought Body Size & Style. The nut width is 1.69 inches, which is a nice width for both starters and experienced musicians alike. The idea behind its construction was to build a more stable and straighter neck than was currently in operation. Whilst it plays very nicely, it is the sound you expect to hear from a Taylor guitar, and it doesn’t let you down. Standard Sitka Spruce solid top with Sapele laminated sides and back give this guitar a higher sound velocity and brighter response than Honduras Mahogany. Your email address will not be published. This guitar projects every note precisely and with decent volume. The nut is made from Tusq. Will any of the Savage 110 … The body, of course, being Dreadnought, will take some getting used to, especially if you are not familiar with them because of the size. Watch. 1 new & refurbished from $1,326.99. This Taylor Dreadnought pairs layered walnut back and sides with a solid spruce top, pumping out full-voiced tone that responds to strummers and flatpickers with deep lows, punchy mids, and clear treble notes. Moving down to the ebony fretboard, which is gre… They are quite bulky, and for complete beginners of a young age, maybe it is not ideal. However, if you don’t want to break the bank, how about the Taylor GS Mini, the Martin LX1 Little Martin, the Epiphone Hummingbird Pro, the Taylor BBT Big Baby, and the Epiphone EJ200CE. The new ES2 pickup and preamp system has its volume and tone control, but it has a different gain structure. As in all Taylor guitars, the sound quality is excellent at all playing and strumming volumes, reagardless of how hard the player digs into the strings. One advantage of it is that you can easily unbolt the neck and take it off if you have to. In fact, these Taylor 110 e series ("e" signifying the ES-T - Expression System Transducer so you can plug it in) are now very affordably priced around $650. If you decide to pay a mere $150 more to get the “e” version with Taylor's Expression System Transducer you can plug it in, amplify it and get a much more diverse sound response depending on the amplification system and effects systems you use. There are some people that prefer Taylor to Martin. I got a chance to hear Chris and Johnny (an old group out of Montana) who used to play the live college music circuit and another duo (who I can't remember right now). They are set in a three by two pattern and have chrome plated buttons. well, that was installed directly onto … It’s a standard dreadnought shape with 6 strings and a solid Sitka spruce top. The following are different between As one would expect from a Bob Taylor quality crafted guitar, it boasts great action (playability - as all Taylors do) with full sound for flat-picking- strumming and finger-picking – it is truly very versatile and serves all playing styles well. There is also no filter for any potential feedback. Taylor has installed their own Expression 2 pick and preamp system within this guitar. You may well also need a set of the Best Acoustic Guitar Strings currently available as well. The neck also adds to that feeling of ease. The Taylor 110e acoustic-electric guitar is part of the Taylor 100 Series, and just another in a long line of high-quality Taylor guitars. Fortunately, for many college and high school students, as well as adults who want a professional quality guitar with that sweet Taylor name can afford one. Taylor 110e 100 Series Acoustic Guitar, Sapele, Dreadnought, ES-T Brand: Taylor Guitars. The Taylor 110e is just one of an extensive range of guitars they produce. Neck: Mahogany, 1 11/16" neck width, 25 1/2" scaleElectronics: Taylor … Taylor 110e Review – What We Think. It has a bolt-on neck, which is unusual for acoustic guitars, as usually, they are glued. Another option would be looking at a used Taylor … And the strength of the design of the neck and associated hardware means there is a lack of any string buzz. There are reasons for this. The guitar featured in this Taylor 110e review is made at the Taylor factory in Tecate, Mexico. The sound is bright, crisp, and accurate. To find out more about Art and our other writers, please take a look at our About Us page. Also see: Washburn WCG25CE Acoustic Guitar Review. The Taylor 110e acoustic-electric guitar is an excellent choice for a beginning guitarist or for a seasoned player's extra guitar. It just feels right when you pick it up. Perhaps I would have gotten a bit more sleep and a few more practice hours in had this been the case. The slightly narrower 1-11/16-inch nut width makes barre chords easier on the hands, and with Taylor… It was often mentioned by experienced musicians that it was a little quiet. It is very hard to make a comparison, and that isn’t the purpose of this review. The 100 is the series (which is pretty much the wood and material combination used) and … It has that feeling of good design that is hard to describe. It is all personal opinion, of course. Battery access? The 110e uses Taylor’s ES-T pick-up system. Taylor natural 110e will be shipped in a soft gigbag. The nut is a good width, so barre chords are made easier. Additionally, Taylor's electronic version (the Taylor 110e)  of this model are ideal for the stage and recording as well. I own a 114ce so I'm a little prejudiced, but I think its a great guitar and wonderful introduction to the Taylor brand. This is why some acoustic-electric guitars sound very thin. (great for smooth fingering and chording), Bracing: X-Brace (for great vibration transfer and projection amplification). Even though mahogany is the more popular choice for the neck, the sapele alternative doesn’t disappoint. Taylor 110 … Looking for more superb Acoustic Guitar options? This may mean it might not suit a very young or small size player. Anyone looking for a classy, affordable Dreadnought should take a look. Back in that day, the pickup systems they had were not as good as they are today and the models they put out were well over $1000, and because of this, the Taylor guitar was out of my reach (but not out of my dreams). Though Taylor guitars date back to October 15, 1974, it has only been the last few years with superior laminate technology that Taylor could afford to offer their top-of-the-line craftsmanship for under $1000. Ever since I first heard a Taylor guitar played in a live performance, I just had to have one. I am Aaron Schulman, a guitar player (since 1990), musician (since 1986), song-writer and teacher. . Taylor's 100 Series guitars, like this 110e-LH Left-Handed Dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar, makes a great guitar-playing … My Taylor 110e featured Taylor’s now-defunct ES-Blue pickup system, devoid of any such niceties as EQ or an even end-pin mounted jack. The Walnut layers used in the manufacture of this guitar certainly do that. It is the top though, that is the focal point. It will, therefore, be a little louder than previous Taylor versions. These are designed to respond to the natural energy of the string vibrations that are being transferred through the saddle. Top 10 Best USB Microphones On The Market 2020 Reviews, Taylor BBT Big Baby Acoustic Guitar Review, Top 10 Best Wireless Guitar Systems You Should Buy 2020 Reviews. However, Taylor's patented bracing system and the Dreadnought body size will certainly increase sound projection over other, smaller models. Since this particular guitar has laminated Sapele (a deciduous wood cousin to Standard Mahogany tone woods that is also used in exotic wood flooring and Cadillac custom interiors for its beauty and strenght), it will project better in the mid and higher ranges of the EQ spectrum. The Taylor 110 acoustic guitar is a full-featured dreadnought in the revered manufacturer's 100-series, designed to be an affordable, durable alternative to their more expensive models, but built with the same attention to quality and exceptional tone that Taylor … The body is finished with a Satin 2.0 varnish that allows the natural wood to shine through. Taylor 110 vs. 214 acoustic guitar? The Taylor Standard profile neck was introduced in 1999 and has been a standard feature on all Taylor guitars since 2001. Other Shapes: The 110e is part of Taylors 100 series. On this guitar, the pickup is placed behind the saddle allowing it to ‘breathe’ a little. For people taking the first … They now have two centers for manufacture — one in California and the other not far over the border in Mexico. The result is a much warmer sound. Best Electric Guitar - Fender Squier Stratocaster, Blueridge BR-341 Historic Series Parlor Guitar, Taylor's electronic version (the Taylor 110e), Right Handed Taylor 110e with electronic pickup, Left Handed Taylor 110e with electronic pickup, Five Jazz Guitarists to Watch Out for in 2018, Type/Shape: 6-String Dreadnought (standard), Back & Sides: Sapele Laminated (similar and brighter than Mahogany), Top: Solid Sitka Spruce (standard for great projection and velocity of sound), Fretboard: Ebony (for druability and playability), Binding: Black (edge protection and construction stability), Nut & Saddle: Tusq (synthetic composite that rivals bone or ivory in vibration transfer), Tuning Machines: Enclosed, Die-Cast Chrome Plated, Truss Rod: Adjustable for custom playability and string height, Fretboard Radius: 15 In. Hello all, I am picking up a Stevens 110E tomorrow and am wondering a couple of things. AThe 110e Dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar includes a durable, 600-denier nylon gig bag with double-stitched seams and reinforced stress points, built by Taylor … If so, and budget is not an issue, check out our reviews of the Martin HD 28, the Guild D20, and the Martin D 18 Natural. Martin tends to make guitars with a more traditional sound whilst Taylor has a modern edge to them. Quite a result for a company that gave the others quite a few years of a head start. These Taylor series guitars with laminated sides and back are a solid market-demand response from Taylor guitars to offer a "Taylor" quality sound and craftsmanship for a few thousand dollars less. It is all personal … This helps it to transfer the string vibrations accurately because it is naturally a very hard material. Tested cleaned and ready to ship. It is 16 inches wide. They have been honored for their environmentally-friendly efforts to sustain the wood they use in the manufacture of their guitars. 3 out of 4 of those guys played Taylors and as a broke college student, I stayed up late at times dreaming of getting my first Taylor and all of the ways I would work to generate the income just so I could claim one of these beauties for myself. Taylor's Distinctive Sound in an Affordable Dreadnought. Also- other options to this same fine Taylor model include: Lookingback nearly 20 years ago, this line of guitars would have made this old college player's dreams come true had these laminatede models been available. Many might raise an eyebrow at a guitar like this having laminated wood. It is a nice comfortable contour and not too deep. At its price point, it is an excellent guitar…. It is quite stiff but still provides some flexibility to allow for the necessary vibrations. It gives off its motions through the vibrations. This is not one of the top of the range Taylor guitars by any means. I have been all over the web and find no info. Warm and rich, with attractive mids and a bright top, it has outstanding sound and projection. If you would like to inquire about the availability of this guitar, please contact your local Taylor … 100 Series 110e Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural. Some prefer that, some don’t. This was especially the case, the harder you hit the strings. Skill level - Playability:  In my personal opinion, this is an excellent guitar for the beginner with some serious goals or intermediate player looking to get a better long-term sound, pleasure and investment than a less expensive guitar, or even for the professional who is looking for a second, top-quality guitar on a budget and does not want to sacrifice playability, tone quality and sound projection. It is also suitable for a range of styles, from strumming to picking or someone that likes to pound out a full rhythm. 100 Series … Internally there is a Taylor Forward shift pattern bracing system. Layered or laminated woods are less likely to react to changes in temperature or the humidity of changing conditions. Well done to them. Certainly an asset to this guitar. Because of Taylor's bracing system and quality standards, this thing responds beautifully whether you are playing a soft ballad or really digging in on some harsh runs (without ever hearing any distortion or eq balance loss at any volume level).It also serves quite well for finger style picking (Chet Atkins style), jazz, folk, country, pop, and rock though does not offer quite the “bell like” tones for a designated finger-picking style player who might find a little more response with a Grand Auditorium, Orchestra or Jumbo Model which has a smaller waist for more distinction between treble and bass notes (but in order to get these models, you will pay a "fur piece" more).Only quality Tonewoods for Taylor Guitars. I know someone personally who thinks the Taylor they use is better than a D-35. It gives a great guitar playing experience. . Taylor's 100 Series makes a great guitar-playing experience accessible to everyone with these real wood instruments. I went back this lunch time (and the store was dead quiet, thankfully), and played a Taylor 110, Taylor 214, Martin DX1, and a pair of Martin 000-15s. Taylor … It has simple and unobtrusive inlay dot markers, and the polished Maple finish provides a very attractive contrast in natural wood colors to the Walnut backed body. Indian rosewood was chosen for the headstock overlay and the soundhole rosette is synthetic plastic. Basically what I am wanting to know is will a Savage 110 aftermarket stock fit this (what is the trigger guard bolt spacing)? Most Taylor 110 are eligible for free shipping. Note: If you click a link on this page, then go on to make a purchase, we may receive a commission but at no extra cost to you. Required fields are marked *.