Your source for Kpop and kdrama news, recaps and reviews. It was a bit confusing on Jo Yeong’s part. document.querySelector("#adunit").addEventListener('click',function(){ eventAction: 'view' He says, ‘the door will close and only the memories will remain.’. Starring: Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do‑hwan. Lee Gon time travels along with Jo Yeong back to the assassination night and things change a bit. As Buyeong is second in line, he must take charge at the palace. },false) if(document.querySelector("#google_image_div")){ Featured. As we start to approach the business end of this drama now, Eternal Monarch is really starting to come into its own and this world-hopping drama ends on quite the dramatic note, along with hints that time travel is starting to come into this now, as predicted weeks ago when time froze. Lee Gon stumbles on young Min Hyeon who lost his ball; he throws it back to him and saves him from getting hit by a car. The 16th episode was filled with happy moments and I am here to share a quick recap. Then, in the later episodes, why does Tae-eul say that the door will close if the Manpasikjeok becomes whole? They have kept in close contact and grew up together. I thought he remember Eun Sop? All of that aside, today I wanted to talk about The King: Eternal Monarch. In fact, when Lee Gon tries to refer to scientific theories to support his claims, Tae-eul stops him and tells him that she finds it hard to believe that the world is round in the first place, so to have her believe that he is from a different world, Lee Gon will have to take her along with him the next time. ga('ads.send', { Illegitimate brother of King Lee Ho and half-uncle of Lee Gon. Should The Male Lead Be Changed From Nam Joo Hyuk To Kim Seon Ho in “Start-Up”? Lee Gon tries to persuade Jo Young against tagging along with him but he fails. Min Hyeon grows up to be a CEO, Lee Gon looks happy to have seen him grow up well. Just then, he receives a call message from her saying that she is on stakeout tonight and has to go pretty far. … Meanwhile, Shin Jae tells his mother that he’s not her real son and takes her to where her real son is, she cries and blames him but ends up hugging him and apologizes for blaming him for something he didn’t do. The drama had 16 episodes to properly explore everything and end with every loose end explained fully but it never took advantage of the time it had. It did not look like the king will be living for eternity when it was shown that both he and Tae Eul will be time/universe travelling and aging together. In fact, Redditors, who follow the show have come up with a detailed unofficial timeline that would help one understand which prime (in context of parallel worlds) both Lee Gon and Tae-eul are at in different episodes and how the eye for detail -- both in fans and creators of the show --  especially when it comes to logically explaining the plausibility of time travel begs attention. hitType: 'event', Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. They wasted many Episodes honestly I literally wanted to drop after 4 eps, my interest got up in 11th Episode. The column will be published Fridays. },false) window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('impressionViewable', function(event) { “The King: Eternal Monarch” could’ve been so much better but I’ve always felt that it didn’t fully take advantage of the idea it had, it was an amazing core plot, it will remain one of the most ambitious kdramas I’ve ever seen. pg.acq.push(function() { After 25 years, a grown-up Lee Gon is a beloved King in KOC. 'The King: Eternal Monarch' is originally aired in South Korea on SBS at 10 pm on Fridays and Saturdays. Jo Young gets shot a couple of times while trying to save young Lee Gon. Okay, For everyone who is still around! You get your answers if you think and analyze the scenes and dialogues or maybe you need to watch it again ! the king eternal monarch explained,the king eternal monarch beginning explained,the king eternal monarch yoyo boy explained,the king eternal monarch Calendar NEW; The King: Eternal Monarch (2020) Details; Episode Guide; Cast; Reviews; Recommendations; Photos; Edit this Page. After Lee Gon sets back everything to its place acquiring the manpasikjeok, the realm they’re in flows and the shots fired at him ends up moving killing him instantly. ga('ads.send', { Lee Gon ends up travelling around everywhere through universes trying to catch a glimpse of Tae Eul, he fails a lot before he’s finally able to meet her. Honestly, I feel like there were some unanswered questions. How to Watch: Netflix Shorthand Character Chart: The King the Eternal Monarch Character Chart How we do this: This live recap will be in two parts and we segment each post around every 10 minutes.Sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on the scene. I wouldn’t wish anyone such a relationship…. Koo Seo-Ryeong has gone to jail for stealing people’s taxes, Luna checks up on her in jail and they get into an argument together. Prince Lee saves Min Hyeon and his mother from committing suicide. Creators: Kim Eun-sook, Baek Sang-hoon, Jung Jee-hyun. Disclaimer : The views expressed in this article belong to the writer and are not necessarily shared by MEAWW. The King: Eternal Monarch: Episode 3 by quirkycase. After some time has passed, Tae Eul ends up running to Lee Gon’s other self, he didn’t die and has went on to become something cool but he’s not her man. But I loved the drama nonetheless. For instance, the show is huge on allusions. In the present time, Tae Eul goes on trips each weekend with Lee Gon. Thumbs up #leeminh #kimgoeun #whodohan and the rest of you . 3. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. gads_event = event; 'The King: Eternal Monarch' is originally aired in South Korea on SBS at 10 pm on Fridays and Saturdays. It is this flute that gives both Lee Lim and Lee Gon the ability to travel back and forth between two worlds. the king eternal monarch explained,the king eternal monarch beginning explained,the king eternal monarch yoyo boy explained,the king eternal monarch . When Lee Gon goes back to 1994 for the first time and he’s waiting to get back to 2020, how is he travelling back and forth between the worlds? Lee Lim wants the King’s ring as he is next in line and claims it is rightfully his. } Posted on June 6, 2020 by ockoala. The older Lee Gon chases after Lee Lim after he acquires the manpasikjeok. (Naming of the twins part) But why didn’t he remember Jeong Tae Eul when Lee Gon and JTE got caught in the forest? Why would the door close? Shouldn’t Prince Buyeong be alive in the new timeline, since Lee Gon killed Lee Lim? I am just stating these examples to let the author of this article that there is an obvious explanation and rationale of all the events / scenes in the plot so I ask what else needs to be explained , accounted or explored? That’s a huge thing for our writer-nim. So essentially, because the power to traverse worlds lies with Lee Lim and himself as each of them holds a piece of the Manpasikjeok, Lee Gon is able to calibrate how many times it would take for the two of them to traverse between the worlds before time stops completely for both the worlds. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Since the beginning, the characters say that the Manpasikjeok helps to travel across universes. ga('ads.send', { After all, he has finally got to meet the woman he had been in search of all this while. It always becomes a story of ‘what if.’ Time travel dramas or movies in whatever language are hard to pull because of the endless possibilities and the fact that in most cases, the main leads needlessly make things difficult for themselves. Discussing theories, character analysis and the overall time-travel & parallel universe storyline as a whole. It is night as Tae-Eul’s father takes out the trash. Find Out How The 16th Episode Performed. There will be typos which we have fantasies of fixing once the episode finishes airing. While the arc about time travel adds the element of science fiction to the show, the source of all of it is the very powerful and ancient flute that is addressed as Manpasikjeok in the show. let gads_event; If I didn’t continuously want this drama to get better I wouldn’t have continued watching with the hope that it … However, Tae-eul is not ready to believe his words. ... Time Travel. pg.acq.push(function() { Like his uncle, he ends up entering the same portal in a bamboo forest and finds himself in the parallel world. That’s a subtle connection of the Lady of the Royal Court reading the poetry in her solitude and the lullabies she has been singing to Lee Gon when he was young. 4. Who is that mysterious boy with the yo-yo? }); Lee Min-ho as King Lee Gon The events in the drama hint towards our characters being caught in a time loop, which would prove one of the most popular fan theories true – that of the adult Lee Gon traveling back in time to save his younger self, instead of Tae-eul or her counterpart Luna. The King: Eternal Monarch episode 13 finally answered a few questions. The King: Ep 10 Where’s This No Man’s Land? By clicking “Accept”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. I think “The King: Eternal Monarch” 15 th episode was the longest one for the drama thus far, clocking at 1 hour and 20 minutes, however, I didn’t really feel time go by, I was so immersed in the episode and everything that was going on.. Tae Eul takes Lee Lim with her to the passage and waits there hoping Lee Gon is able to take down Lee Lim in the past. That’s sad. He no longer has the Manpasikjeok with him, so this doesn’t make sense. MEAWW is an initialism for Media Entertainment Arts WorldWide. Lee Gon visits Prince Bueyeong; he tells him that Lee Lim hasn’t aged and he must track him down — he states the confrontation won’t happen in the Kingdom of Corea. These cookies do not store any personal information. When it comes to storyline, there isn’t much of an obvious direction that season 2 could go in. }); }) While the 16th episode was filled with filler scene and in a sense to me felt like a letdown of a buildup to something bigger, it was still sweet. They meet up and go into various places and universes but they have no control over where they end up or at what period in time. So if they were traveling together every weekend, my question is what if during those days they are living their current lives separately, what if one wasn’t able to make it cause something bad happened to them like die or fall ill? Here is a big spoiler for the ending that someone posted on DC Inside. },false) If you read my reviews on this blog then you know I don’t personally like dramas that are about time travel in general because I’ve never seen any Korean writer execute the theme properly. King Lee Gon and Detective Tae-eul's respective worlds. eventAction: 'click_image_ads' You have to rewatch the ending to understand the entire concept. I will review the second half in a couple of days, but simply put, “The King: Eternal Monarch” had lots of glaring issues. }); JTE won’t be able to time travel to see what happened to lee gon if that were the case. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), They end up arriving just in time to save the child Lee Gon. But this is the best attempt I’ve seen at explaining time travel along with parallel universes. The King: Eternal Monarch is so famous that ion SBS-Tv and Net set the record of “SBS’s highest 2020 Friday-Saturday drama premiere ratings.” The story depicts time travel. By the end of the day, I read fans comments and most of them loved the ending and by the end of the day, it’s all that matters. Both FL like King in other world. The show can be streamed on Netflix in the US. And if they keep on traveling, wont the flute continue to break? . What Lee Gon tells Tae-eul when he tries to explain the repercussions of traversing between the two worlds might sound a tad bit like gibberish but once you pay close attention, it is not hard to follow his logic and calculations. Shin Jae is from Republic of Korea and Min Hyeon is from Kingdom of Corea. Shin Jae says he’ll … In 1994, the Kingdom of Corea encounters severe upheaval. The King: Eternal Monarch: Episode 15 by quirkycase. SBS. However in general, i loved the drama, it moved away from normal k drama conventions, i understand why the romance wasnt explicit due to younger viewers. I had skimmed through it but they seemed to have good explanations. }); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Lee Gon and Jo Young go back to the time of the treason but this time they’re 20 minutes earlier. Sure a causal loop would have been simpler to understand but it wouldn’t have carried the same impact as LG going back in time to alter his fate. Those who crossed to the other universe and whose counterpart has died will have the burnt mark. }); I’m happy with the ending but not satisfied with the drama…there were many things I wanted to know in detail and also it would have been very interesting if they would have shown us scenes of his ancestors using manpasikjeok but already too many characters were blowing up my mind lol. The loose ends paved the way to compelling theories and questions about time travel, doppelgangers, and more. Because every once in a while, this seems to be what I fall back on. Time travel plots are difficult to execute because they’re still science fiction for us and as you said, there will always be a new … The 13th episode ended on a cliffhanger note. Muro Listas Contributors. I would’ve personally loved “The King: Eternal Monarch” a lot more if it had just stuck to the present instead of creating weird scenarios to please plot points here and there. document.querySelector("#google_image_div").addEventListener('click',function(){ A poster of SBS drama The King: Eternal Monarch. }); }); It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. pg.acq.push(function() { The science of how traversing through parallel worlds in the show doesn't take center stage, except when King Lee Gon -- who also happens to be a Mathematician among other things -- begins to explore the relationship between the time freeze that he experiences in relation to Manpasikjeok, the powerful flute. Parallel Universe Explained in The King: Eternal Monarch. It felt like a present to those who remained invested in this drama despite its flaws. After Lee Gon kills Lee Lim by going to the past, how do only Lee Gon, Tae-eul, and Captain Jo still have their memories?! Report. The King: Eternal Monarch episode 16 sees all stakes on the line in a thrilling start to the finale and this time, Lee Gon is not alone in his mission. Lee Gon -- having known Tae-eul and the mention of Seoul Police Department from Tae-eul's identity card which was left behind at the scene of his father's death and his attempted murder many years ago -- is more relieved and less surprised to find himself in a parallel universe. The King: Welmaris’ Frozen Time Recap. Because let’s be real the OST is sickening. He wonders where Tae Eul is. (Remember, I’m not a literature grad) The King: Eternal Monarch: A Death Foretold. But I loved the drama nonetheless. Still, it had its great moments that I love and appreciate, there is that feel the writer brings to it and for those who loved the actors, this will be more than enough. The King: Eternal Monarch season 1, episode 10 sees Lee Gon taking desperate measures to protect his monarch while he is on a mission. } ga('ads.send', { if(document.querySelector("#adunit")){ The King: Eternal Monarch is a fantasy-romance drama that depicts the story about two parallel worlds. what happens to her father? Wish you success in your future projects. … Why “The King: Eternal Monarch” Episode 16 Ending Is The Most Satisfying... Did “The King: Eternal Monarch” End With Good Ratings Or Not? hitType: 'event', He meets the kdrama’s female lead, Lieutenant Jeong Tae Eul, a hardworking detective working for the Violent Crimes Unit. they could only go back and forth between the worlds since they only had half of the flute each, but the power seemed to work when the two halves are present together in … Lee Gon and Tae Eul accidentally end up in the present time in the kingdom of Corea and they get caught by the royal guard. Win at all costs Tae-eul tells Lee Lim that she is going to wait for Lee Gon to succeed in his mission and then when done, she will deal with him. The poem analyses. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), There are so many details in each episode that one might miss on first viewing, but fans have found interesting easter eggs in the show on repeat watch and that is what has drummed up a huge excitement for the show in its later period. I don’t even know where to start in discussing episode 15 of The King: Eternal Monarch. Time travel is involved in Splash Splash Love. We are one of the world’s fastest growing The King: Eternal Monarch sets the scene beautifully in its first episode. The King: Character Summaries by Welmaris and the Royal Court, part 2. Its most likely possible.. Until now we have only seen Lee Gon travelling through time. In the first view, 'The King: Eternal Monarch' seems as if it is any other garden variety 'melo' K-Drama with a splash of fantasy-science fiction. If you thought about the capabilities of the space-time continuum, then you would understand this. Related: Did “The King: Eternal Monarch” End With Good Ratings Or Not? Splash splash live is a short carefree drama while The king eternal monarch is a 16 episode drama. Then who takes over the kingdom? The King: JT7’s Timeline as of Ep 12. Or say the scene of Prince Buyeong's death. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. The cast and crew worked really hard and it paid off to be a global success albelt the low ratings in korea. Young Luna tries to steal from Koo Seo-Ryeong’s mother but instead, the mother embraces her and gives money and food altering her fate. Another example too is the travel in the different universe in different times is well explained by the time and space axis and that the earth is around and you can turn 360 degrees.It is very well said in the dialogues . When Lee Gon begins to experience time stopping -- initially for seconds and as days pass, it increases to hours -- he begins to research on the relation between the time freeze and assumption of humans crossing over to parallel worlds at a given point in time. He killed all the guards on the way in. Once we realized that the time freeze has increased from just a few seconds to more than a couple of hours, this also explains how the security placed in Prince Buyeong's residence were all sitting ducks and so was the prince himself. (I’m laughing at myself…I’m no expert. media-tech companies with hubs around the world. He wishes to obtain the Manpasikjeok, a mythical flute which he believes would allow him to attain eternity. With only the finale left, the stakes are high for the characters in "The King: Eternal Monarch." Feeds Lists Forums Contributors. The King: MyChoiYoung’s Scar Analysis . He must have deliberately dropped Tae Eul’s ID so that he will go searching for her in future and the time loop will continue… both Lee Rim and Lee Gon know that they could travel through time (past and present) aside from space (Republic and Empire). Someone had actually explained, even before the time travel was shown in the drama, that the past wouldn't be changed in the same time-line. But then, you begin to pay attention to King Lee Gon's constructs about the time-space continuum and realize that a lot more thought has gone into building the worlds of Kingdom of Corea and Republic of Korea.