Things To Do; Be very afraid of this haunted drive-thru in the Hudson Valley. experience that supports local businesses. 35- and 45-minute flights are available. Walking or cycling along the Walkill Rail Trail, a) Staatsburh State Historic Site (Mills Mansion), PRACTICAL TIPS: Top ten Things to do in the Hudson Valley in the fall. The Price Chopper/Market 32 Capital Holiday Lights in the Park is continuing the tradition this year with their 24th annual event. Any of the hikes you can do in the Hudson Valley (and there are many) are spectacular in the fall. It is roughly divided into southern (about an hour north of NYC), central (about 2 hours north of NYC) and northern (about 3 hours north of NYC). and submit their time virtually to be considered for awards. Check the current exchange rate here. There are so many fall Hudson Valley attractions and Hudson Valley activities that are perfect for families or couples that is hard to limit them to just ten. The fee for parking at Minnewaska is $10 per car. Head out of town from New Paltz on Route 200 towards Mohonk and you will soon see it. TBH, when I read Sleep Hollow recently, I was underwhelmed and not at all scared. Welcome to Travel Collecting.  I’m James  Ian.  I’ve spent my life traveling – 82 countries and 7 continents so far.   I focus on doing activities and having experiences that give me meaningful and active interaction with the local culture, people and environment when I travel, and I can help you do the same. Montgomery - July 18, 6-10pm Orange County’s Freedom Fest fireworks is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, July 18, 2020 at Thomas Bull Memorial Park in Montgomery. Coming from New Paltz, the farm stand is in the left and then just down the hill, the actual farm and u-pick is on the right. Two short stories that are legendary in American literature. Instagram. Leaf peeping (as actively looking at the fall colors is quaintly called) is the classic autumn activity. Well, in the US, and especially in the Hudson Valley, pumpkins are much easier to find to carve, and I have totally embraced carving a jack o’lantern as part of the American holiday experience. Ticket are $25 apiece ($10 for non-drinkers) and give guests access to … Travel on two wheels and enjoy the fresh air when you go on a small-group bike tour of the West Side of Manhattan. Mohonk Preserve has multiple trails and costs $15 for day hikers. November 29, 2020 Calendar of free events, paid events, and things to do in Mid Hudson Valley, NY I love planning what face I will make, drawing it on the pumpkin, emptying out the seeds (and roasting them for layer), carving scary face, then having them glow in the dark and smelling the aroma of slightly cooking pumpkin. Many sell bottles of cider and warm apple cider donuts – a personal favorite! If you are traveling from abroad/ overseas, check visa requirements for the U.S. here. But it is fun to visit Sleepy Hollow in the southern end of the Hudson Valley and see where it was set. The easiest way to get to the Great Jack o’Lantern Blaze is to drive. Enjoy views of the stunning fall color from the porch and then enjoy a fire at night. Also This Month… Virtual St. Peter’s Cardiac & Vascular Center’s 2020 Albany Last Run 5K Dec 8–14 Hudson Valley Plein Air Festival. The views across the Hudson River are stunning. There is a beautiful lake surrounded by trees blazing with color on three sides, and dramatic cliffs on the other. The 24th annual Winter Walk has been reimagined from one night of celebration to 20 days of celebration in order to hold a safe and distanced event this year. People often ask me if winter is a good time to do things in the Hudson Valley and I excitedly say, “Yes, it is!” Things to Do in Hudson, New York: See Tripadvisor's 1,201 traveler reviews and photos of Hudson tourist attractions. Over the course of a one-mile drive-through holiday light experience, encounter the 120-foot Twinkle Tunnel, Groovy Way, Santa’s Workshop, and more. Ever. Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site. I’d love to hear about them. Dec 19 Agritourism is alive and well in the Hudson Valley, and one of the best things to do in the Hudson Valley is to visit one of the many farms that open up for the fall. This carnival-like annual event has been transformed into a drive-through experience featuring displays like Peace on Earth Place, featuring floating stained-glass angels, Take Flight Way, with a 50-foot white dove flying into the night, and Magical Woods, surrounded by dozens of illuminated dancing trees. Check prices and availability here. As an Australian, this was not a thing when I was growing up. The event will feature a recording of the Hudson Valley Philharmonic and Capella Festival’s 2019 performance, along with commentary by guest conductor Christine Howlett. You can even see the Esopus Lighthouse in the middle of the river. Set on a violet farm in the Hudson Valley in the late 1800’s, this saga about a mother and daughter is a real page turner. The nearby Catskill Mountains have color a week or two earlier, if you are there in late September. Contact Us: 800-445-3131. Head to Hudson to enjoy brightly lit and decorated shops and homes, shop at local favorites for the holidays, and check out Santa's Village in the 7th Street Park - all while maintaining safe physical distances. Kensico Dam Plaza, Valhalla; 914.231.4600; www.wwinterwonderland.com, A post shared by Bethel Woods Center (@bethelwoodscenter), Bethel Woods Annual Holiday Market There are plenty of fascinating fun facts, events and characters, including safe houses on the Underground Railroad, riots, spies and more. When Kevin and I moved to Sydney, Kevin was terribly homesick and desperate to buy a pumpkin for carving. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. You can most definitely eat them as well as carve them. Over the course of a one-mile drive-through holiday light experience, encounter the 120-foot Twinkle Tunnel, Groovy Way, Santa’s Workshop, and more. The event will feature a recording of the Hudson Valley Philharmonic and Capella Festival’s 2019 performance, along with commentary by guest conductor Christine Howlett. Top ten things to do in the Hudson Valley in the Fall, Practical Tips: Great Jack o’Lantern Blaze, Getting to the Great Jack o’Lantern Blaze, 9. You can visit them throughout the year, but fall is a wonderful tome to visit because of the gorgeous fall color. Also, check out my Essential Packing List for packing ideas before you travel. If you don’t have a car, you can take the Metro North from Grand Central Terminal in New York City on the Hudson line to Croton-Harmon station. There are plenty of farms that have u-pick apples. Bardavon, Poughkeepsie; 845.473.2072; www.bardavon.org, Virtual St. Peter’s Cardiac & Vascular Center’s 2020 Albany Last Run 5K The northern part of the valley has color a little earlier and the southern part, close to New York City, a weekend or so later, even into early November some years. Here’s What to Do in the Hudson Valley This Week, 9 Perfectly Giftable Books From Hudson Valley Authors, Score Big With These Local Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals. Facebook. Hudson; 518.822.1438; www.hudsonhall.org, Caramoor Virtual Music Concert Find your guide in the morning at Pier 78 just adjacent to th Dinners with Santa, discounted tickets to The Museum at Bethel Woods, and special promotional nights will be also available. meaningful travel that actively engages with the environment and culture. Contact Dutchess. Pin It and save it for later: Please note that some of the links below may be affiliate links. Historic Hudson Valley 639 Bedford Road, Pocantico Hills, NY 10591 Tel 914.366.6900 Choose from a 3- or 6-seater helicopter and a 30- or 45-minute flight. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. There's no need to endlessly reach for your wallet in Hudson Valley. They planted new trees a few years ago, and now have a lot of different varieties. Read my Disclaimer for more information. I hope this blog is useful resource for you when planning your fall travel to the Hudson Valley, but if you want a guidebook as well, to supplement this, buy the Moon guide to the Hudson Valley here.