To the roasted pumpkin, add ½ cup of heavy cream, a pinch of nutmeg, a pinch of ground cloves, 1 tsp of cinnamon, a pinch of allspice, 1 tsp vanilla paste, ½ cup of brown sugar, ¼ cup of maple syrup, 1 large egg and a pinch of kosher salt, and mix well in food processor till smooth. If using a tart pan with a removable bottom, bake on top of a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Same thing. * Note on the black treacle: I omitted this, as it is difficult to find in the US, but the tart is tasty even without it. Place one disc onto a well-floured work surface (tart dough is very sticky). Well, as far as this being Harry Potter's favorite treacle tart of all treacle tarts, that might be an overstatement. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a new episode, Babish makes three iconic "Harry Potter" desserts. 1 tsp. Ingredients: Place ⅔ of your flour into the food processor with an ounce of sugar and a tsp of salt. – J.K. Rowling, “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” I am not too familiar with British cuisine, so the first time I read about Treacle Tart I didn’t think too much about it. Turns out Harry must have quite the sweet tooth, because treacle tart … Black treacle is basically molasses. Then beat in ¼ cup of bread crumbs and 1 large egg. The tart consists of shortcrust (or pie crust) pastry and a thick filling made of golden syrup, breadcrumbs, and lemon juice or zest. Use a pie weight (I used cornmeal) to go on top of the foil and blind bake 15 minutes in an oven at 400°. I can’t lie to you, today’s recipe for Harry Potter’s Mini Vegan Treacle Tarts really isn’t that healthy. November 14, 2017 Appearances. He loves it so much that he even smells it in Slughorn’s Amortentia love potion! 1 cup golden syrup Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top crust is golden brown. These individual treacle tarts are two bites of buttery, lemony deliciousness. Harry Potter loves treacle tart so much that he smells it when he is in the presence of the love potion Amortentia.Treacle tart is also so quintessentially British that its main ingredient, golden … black treacle)* You can use dark molasses, sorghum, or dark Karo instead if you can't find authentic British black treacle. Add the bread crumbs, lemon rind, lemon juice and ginger, and mix by hand with the small bowl remaining in the hot water bath. Use a pastry brush to dust off the excess flour, and gently fold the dough in half. 6 years ago Maybe for the new HP movie this summer. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and fold in water/vodka mixture a couple of tablespoons at a time. You can also order it from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lyles-Golden-Syrup-454g/dp/B0001590BY The golden syrup has a wonderful sweet and buttery flavor that truly makes this tart so delicious, so I would not use a substitute for this recipe. Pinch of ginger by Andrew Rea. Roll dough around rolling pin and unfurl it on top of the tart pan. Roll the dough out so you have a 12" diameter. If you like this treacle tart, try your hand at a shoo-fly pie. Very moist and buttery. 9 years ago Whisk together the egg yolks, 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl. For Harry Potter's favorite, we gotta go treacle tart. I was amazed to see this goopy, runny stuff turn into a fluffy and sweet filling as it baked. lemon juice Add 3 Tbsp of heavy cream and whisk rigorously until the mixture cools slightly, just enough to not cook an egg. Marathon watching all of the Harry Potter movies is a Christmas season tradition for me and it only makes sense that I would watch Harry Potter while eating Harry’s favorite dessert: Treacle Tart. Pour and spread even the treacle filling over it. A subreddit to show and discuss the "Binging with Babish" video series. Making an appearance in 5 of the 8 Harry Potter books you can say that Treacle Tart is pretty dang popular in the wizarding world. Ingredients: Any tearing that occurs, use your fingers to patch back together. Treacle tart is mentioned in almost every Harry Potter book, in part because of Harry’s preference toward it. I finally got around to submitting the recipe to MuggleNet. No, it's not the same. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or more. Treacle tart is usually served warm with clotted … It is common in the UK, and Lyle's Golden Syrup is also available in many grocery stores in the US. 1 egg, separated Just use molasses. Thanks for great recipe ;-). Dust the showing quarter, turn over and likewise dust. Garnish with berries for some color. I do a lot of baking and I've never seen it before. Treacle tart is mentioned at least once in each "Harry Potter" book, and is always Harry… Place the pumpkin halves pumpkin side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes.